GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some people are saying that the police did not do enough to investigate. In fact, some are saying that it seemed that nobody wanted the case. Some of these people are pointing to the fact that the children were African American and some are saying that the police were subjective because it was an old white guy. Apparently, some people think police may have presumed that he was a pervert.

I haven't been around here long enough to know whether the response is the same for every child. But it damn well should be. Was an Amber Alert issued? Did they do a ground search with dogs? What is the real reason that the case moved from one agency to another? Someone needs to ask these questions.

Missing person investigations tear into the resources of LE big time. That's the only reason I can think of....or if it is a race thing. It's still alive and well in many areas of the south. Both reasons unacceptable to me, but unfortunately true. We have two children who are endangered according to the poster, and resources need to step up.....he's elderly. Is this how we treat both? IMO

IMo it might be premature to blame the police for going about it wrong before we even know what happened. If the worst rumors turn out to be true they might have been dead long before reported missing...

I keep checking for updates and can't find any. What is going on!!!??!!

It is very odd that there are not any updates on the homicide story or if it is linked to the missing children.
Where is Jack's wife? Did she ever appear or is she also missing?

IMo it might be premature to blame the police for going about it wrong before we even know what happened. If the worst rumors turn out to be true they might have been dead long before reported missing...

I keep checking for updates and can't find any. What is going on!!!??!!

I'm sure some people will blame the police no matter what happened. It's not clear right now whether some blame is warranted. Hindsight is always 20/20. This waiting with absolutely no news is maddening.

I was hoping to hear something this morning. I have such a sad feeling about this. No idea how the commenters on those stories got their info, but if the 'Bama Net is as alive and well as the Cajun Net, then maybe they have some truth to them. Hoping not because I want this to end well.

Praying for the kids and news today!

I cannot believe there aren't any updates this morning...! Strange!

I have seen a lot of comments on Twitter, and it doesn't sound good at all. For some reason, all of the comments are from young black women. If the rumors are true, it seems like they'd want to release information right away. Maybe they don't want the suspect to flee. Or maybe they are having trouble contacting family members. Something is odd about this silence.

Came back this morning hoping to find some news....unfortunately, we are still waiting.

Yes, racism is alive and well here in the South....and flowing in both directions. When my white daughter married a young black man, I saw it with my own eyes. I have been very surprised that the older adults from both races are very accepting...its the younger generation where you find the most racism.
I have to admit that I had a lot of hesitation myself. Never considered myself to be racist in any way....but I had to do a great deal of soul-searching. I think most of my concern came from what others would say and think and I am generally not one to care. Either way, I love my son-in-law....and that precious grand baby these kids gave me is the joy of my life. She is one year old today.....

Maybe the ABI isn't releasing info because they don't want this to escalate into a "Trayvon situation" until all the facts are discovered?

Happy 1st birthday to Shefner's grandbaby! :)

Thanks Pensfan! A little something to celebrate while we worry about these young missing children. I can't imagine someone hurting a child. It really staggers the mind.

Would someone be so kind as to post the twitter links where this case is being mentioned? WS doesn't allow discussion on the twitter comments, but the links can be posted. TIA

The northern part of Lowndes County, AL is geographically between Montgomery and Selma. According to Wikipedia, in 1965, it was predominately occupied by Whites. In 2000 census, the majority is Black/African American.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowndes_County,_Alabama

I wonder how long Jack Mac Girdner has had a connection to the area.

I do have an update.

I work as a paralegal in the county adjacent to Lowndes County. Our firm represents most of the surrounding municipalities, however Lowndes County is not one of them. However, one of my bosses is a City Councilman and he had breakfast with the [someone in the know] this morning. He told me what he was told and advised me to call the [someone in the know] to confirm first.

I don't want to post any teasers but I can only say so much without impeding the ABI investigation. It appears that both Taylor and Jordan are dead and are victims of a homicide. I don't have info on the Girdner but I assume he is also deceased. Not sure...I really just wanted info on the kids and was crying when I was talking to [someone in the know], so I didn't really even ask. I knew he was going WAY beyond what he really should be telling me and I just did not want to ask anymore.

I asked when we could expect the info to be released publicly. He told me around noon today. (Central Time)

I am physically sick and don't even know how I am supposed to focus on work here. All cases here are dear to my heart, but this case has really haunted me. I am a wreck here.

Please keep the mother in your thoughts and prayers. She lost the father of her twins several years ago and now she has lost her twins. God bless this woman and give her strength.

Oh no, Beach! Nothing is more tragic than the death of innocent, young ones. I pray for the family, friends, and community. Thank you for confirming.

:grouphug: Thanks Beach...wonder if he was murdered also...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz
Back