GUILTY AL - Jack Girdner, 73, & DeJerinett twins, 9, found murdered, Hope Hull, 3 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Prayers to the family and friends of these missing twins and the man who was caring for them.

And thanks, EGirl, for the link to the bookstore article. I see that the man was having a phone conversation with a girlfriend while sitting in the children's section. I'm guessing he was "really" asked to leave because he was being rude and obnoxious. It's too bad they didn't just politely ask him to take his phone call outside or to the cafe where it would have been more appropriate. I'm also guessing that the customer who complained wasn't really concerned about him being a pedo as much as annoyed with his rudeness. But I wasn't there, so I don't know.

I was wondering if they were murdered at his home and driven to the site where they were found!

This picture of the search today doesn't look to be at the house.

Attachments

• AuuZl8FCIAAbJyw.jpg
    AuuZl8FCIAAbJyw.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 92
Krista Littlefield ‏@Krista_CBS8
ABI expected to release info late this afternoon on Lowndes Co "sensitive" murder investigation. The waiting continues....

So this is likely some sort of robbery gone wrong? Perhaps Mr. Girdner fought back to protect the kids and this is the result.

Someone posted (Pensfan?) that most robbers are not cold-blooded enough to kill kids. That's true, but some are quite ruthless if you try to cross them. Don't give them what they want and they could do anything.

If this was an attempted carjacking, Mr. Girdner was in a horrible position. he couldn't just throw the keys or run from the car. He had two kids to care for. What a horrible, horrible thing.

As for Mr. Girdner, by all accounts (article comments by those who profess to know him), he was a nice man with no impure motives when it came to the kids. That's certainly possible. Just being a man does not mean a person is a pervert if they are kind to someone else's kids. But, I would not allow an unrelated man to babysit my kids, especially overnight, especially after he has shown unsolicited "interest" in them and wanted to take them on outings. With everything we know nowadays, that's risky, no matter how well you know a person, because most men are not interested in dealing with someone else's kids.

But there are some kind men out there who maybe have the capacity and ability to give something back to society by being a mentor, caring for kids, etc. and it appears this man was one of those. Just a granddad type who felt like helping out another part of his church family.

It says something awful that we, as a society, have been conditioned to immediately suspect the motives of such a man in a situation like this (I sure did) and also that a such a kind man and the two precious kids in his care can be murdered over a material possession, which appears likely.

I'm just shaking my head over this whole thing. I'm appalled.

If there really are pools of blood on the road it sounds like a gruesome crime scene.

But could the reporter have mistaken pools of mud or something for blood? I would have thought that if there are pools of blood on the way to the crime scene they would be included in the crime scene, taped off and reporters kept away.

I live in Montgomery. This has not been on our news channels. In fact, this forum is the first place I've even read about the missing children or a murder. What does that tell us? something is very wrong here because usually murders/crimes are headlines in the local news. Hope Hull is a rural area with not much in the way of industry. The Hyundai plant is the biggest employer. There are lotf of farms and lots of wide open spaces. There are also lots of rednecks, drugs and petty crime. It would not surprise me if this was a murder for the car or a robbery gone bad. It makes me sick. We don't often have high profile crime cases here. Years ago we had a doctor's son disappear while at the family hunting camp in Macon county. His body was found 6 weeks later on a farm in the middle of the searched area, in a grain silo. Murder was never solved.

I have not read where Mr. Girdner's car has been located, although it could have been and has not yet been reported.

I have seen many cases where children are killed....a murderer is a murderer. They don't get hung up in the ethics of age-ism.

I have no sympathy for the perp/s in this case. One of the worst things that happened as a result of this crime is that Mr. Girdner's intentions were called into question. And that's only natural, as I found it suspicious too. But it appears that Mr. Girdner is simply a good man who is a victim in this terrible crime. Three lives lost....and for what?

Ready for the press conference.....

Update:

My boss just came in my office and told me that he was informed that the Mercedes has not been located. He is under the impression that the car was stolen. Motive maybe? It was an older model Mercedes, but still.... possible motive. I've certainly heard of less motives.

:sigh:

My gut feeling is he wasn't involved. I may be wrong, i just have this feeling.

As horrific as this sounds, there are people where i live (in one of the top five places to live in England) who wouldn't hesitate in taking childrens lives to get what they want, especially if they're with an elderly person. Its sick, people need to realise sometimes as hard as it is, some humans just don't care.

I feel for their mummy, she did what she thought was best. I don't agree with this don't trust men unless they're your childrens dads talk! Look at the cases, men/women/mum/dad all can be perps. You can't live life not trusting close friends male/female.

I pray justice is served for all involved, may they all find peace and closure.

I have heard speculation that this was a car theft. A used 1988 Mercedes appears to be worth about $10,000 to $20,000. But that's if you have the title and can sell it legally. I'm sure you'd get much less for a stolen car.

As it happens, there was a white Mercedes driving on a local road (in Florida) on Monday. It had out-of-state plates. But I don't think they were Alabama plates. I remember this because the guy seemed to be lost and was going 20 mph in a 45 mph zone and turned left to do a U-turn without signaling and without moving into the turn lane. I may have called the person a name or two.

Update:

My boss just came in my office and told me that he was informed that the Mercedes has not been located. He is under the impression that the car was stolen. Motive maybe? It was an older model Mercedes, but still.... possible motive. I've certainly heard of less motives.

Cant work out the huggy pics, but hope you're ok !

If this is a murder of 2 innocent children & elderly man for a damn car-death row is waiting!!MOO

Update:

Thank you for all your updates today on this case. As sad as it is, we want to know the truth so we can seek justice for these three important people that are now lost to us.

Appreciate you, Beach....
:grouphug:

I have heard speculation that this was a car theft. A used 1988 Mercedes appears to be worth about $10,000 to $20,000. But that's if you have the title and can sell it legally. I'm sure you'd get much less for a stolen car.

As it happens, there was a white Mercedes driving on a local road (in Florida) on Monday. It had out-of-state plates. But I don't think they were Alabama plates. I remember this because the guy seemed to be lost and was going 20 mph in a 45 mph zone and turned left to do a U-turn without signaling and without moving into the turn lane. I may have called the person a name or two.

I have a story-but I don't want it to sound off the wall- but I kid you not--my husband bought me a 93 white Mercedes(almost the same thing in this case) for mother's day last month-its used-but its in good shape-he brought it home and I said-I DON'T WANT IT-Carjacking came to right to my mind when I saw it-I still have not driven it!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberHolland443
Back