AL - Jack Wiley & Glenna Cavender for child sexual abuse, Conecuh County, Jan 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that this article has been posted.

http://www.al.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/113827097028760.xml?mobileregister?ncrime&coll=3&thispage=1

The article starts out explaining why it took a week for police to actually check on the wellbeing of the children after receiving the call from the concerned woman. Further down in the article is this:

Hawsey said the woman told investigators she and Wiley traveled to stock car races around the country selling trinkets. She suggested that they had sexual encounters with many children along the way, Hawsey said. The sheriff said she told investigators that they "only did the sex thing -- we didn't kill them."

Hawsey said Wiley is wanted in California on arson charges and is a suspect in a murder there. Cavender has charges in Texas, and Hawsey said it's unclear what convictions are on her record.

"We are trying to get the word out and get their pictures out," Hawsey said. "Anyone who has had contact with them should contact authorities."

<snip>

Store clerk Erica Foster said she lives less than a quarter of a mile from where Wiley, Cavender and the children had been living. She said they arrived just after Hurricane Katrina hit, claiming to be evacuees.

"The man, Wiley, asked me several times -- and other people -- to let him watch the children for us, let him baby-sit. I never would let my kids go there," Foster said. "Something wasn't right."

The children who were living with Wiley are now in foster care, said Conecuh County District Attorney Tommy Chapman. He said some of Cavender's extended family from West Virginia had contacted officials here to try and get custody of the children.

Shadow205 said:
"The man, Wiley, asked me several times -- and other people -- to let him watch the children for us, let him baby-sit. I never would let my kids go there," Foster said. "Something wasn't right."
Now there's a woman who followed her intuition. She knew 'something wasn't right' about him, but didn't know what... Good girl :clap:

Shadow205 said:
The children who were living with Wiley are now in foster care, said Conecuh County District Attorney Tommy Chapman. He said some of Cavender's extended family from West Virginia had contacted officials here to try and get custody of the children.

Well, it looks as though they have tracked down her original name, if the relatives have made contact. This looks like a generational thing, I hope they will do some checking on those relatives.

Shadow205 said:
The sheriff said she told investigators that they "only did the sex thing -- we didn't kill them."
Some one who has to make a point of saying "we didn't kill them" is probably lying. Unless she was asked the direct question "Did you kill any children?" then why in the heck would she say that. I think this is going to wind up being a very sick & twisted trail of abuse & possibly murder.

Marie said:
Some one who has to make a point of saying "we didn't kill them" is probably lying. Unless she was asked the direct question "Did you kill any children?" then why in the heck would she say that. I think this is going to wind up being a very sick & twisted trail of abuse & possibly murder.

Scary isn't it? I think you're right. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg on this one.

gingersnap said:
Well, I for one, would like to hear more about this baby sold on the black market. Was it a baby they kidnapped? Was it her baby?

This story is so awful!
:mad: I hope they can trace where the baby is .We hear so many terrible things happening like what happened to sharon marshall that I can only pray that it went to a loving home.

Marie said:
I think they try to justify their molestations like that.
Like " I don't hurt children, I love them" that you hear over and over from the pedos.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=4444477&nav=0RdE

Wiley says he's innocent, but his wife isn't so sure.

Jack Wiley, a suspect, says, "It will prove that I didn't touch anybody."

Glenna Faye Marshall, a suspect, says, "I'll tell you the truth. I don't care if he rots in hell."

"She is not guilty of anything. She is a very good mother."

"I noticed that every once in a while he would be sitting on the couch under the blankets with my daughter, but I have never seen it with my eyes physically, no."

Authorities tell us Glenna Marshall also admitted today that the couple sexually abused two other children.. One was 12 and the other was 14 years old.

LOL, did you see this? I don't think Wiley knows what the DNA test is for!
http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.37259.html
He says the test will show he didn't rape and sodomize the kids. They haven't made any announcements about any recovering any evidence from the kids, though I imagine sex assault kits were done on both. Did they do a DNA on Glenna also?

Found it:

Wednesday, sex abuse suspects Jack Wiley and Glenna Faye Marshall were taken out of the Conecuh County Jail for DNA testing.
Investigators want to know if they're related to the 3 year-old girl and 17 year-old boy that Wiley's accused of sexually abusing.

Authorities also want to know if the suspects are connected to any other similar crimes.

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=4444477&nav=0RdE

Good! I just don't trust her when she says the kids are hers.

Hawsey said Wiley is wanted in California on arson charges and is a suspect in a murder there. Cavender has charges in Texas, and Hawsey said it's unclear what convictions are on her record.

I wish there was more info on the murder that he is a suspect in. Was it an adult or a child? A time frame would be great too.

Does anyone remember the case in Florida where a little girl (infant???) was abducted from her home and the authorities only seemed to consider the parents? The parents might not have been charged but they sued over wiretaps or something? When was that case? For some reason when I see the little girl in this case, I have been thinking of the other girl. Oh, what was her same? Sonya, Sarah, Sabrina??? (it is hell when the brain cells die off, LOL). Maybe if not this child, it could be the baby they sold?

I remember the case that you are talking about. A beautiful little baby girl. I can picture her face. She had lots of dark hair. Didn't she like disappear in the middle of the night or something?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back