Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I read it when it was originally published, and the article says the series of texts were "as follows", not "here is a portion of the texts" which implies there wasn't anything else. If there were other texts exchanged, why not release them if they show you're asking where she is/why etc, which is a natural reaction to a suicidal conversation I would think.

To be fair, he's not under any obligation to tell the world the contents of those texts. He shared them with LE, I presume which is as far as he should have gone.

If there were other texts exchanged, why not release them if they show you're asking where she is/why etc, which is a natural reaction to a suicidal conversation I would think.

After the MPD post fiasco, I'm inclined to think we're not dealing with the most PR-savvy of folks, here.

$10 in fuel was more than enough to get the Tahoe the 11 ish miles right past the Lawrence county line to that old logging trail.

The Tahoe was down a small hill , which to the city yuppy Jeep club would appear to be a “ravine”.... the Tahoe was 200-250 yards down that trail.

It was not wrecked.

There was a ton of incorrect information reported shortly after the finding.

The meeting time at the gas station was 11:00, initially it was thought to be a more private search not to be known......... but then 40 Jeeps show up from a Jeep club not exactly from the area.

The “expertise” mentioned was that of family members that searched for her - on sxs and atv’s - the area chosen for the search was based on common sense and the correlation of the store and the last known ping.

The Tahoe was found at 12:10 roughly 40 minutes after unloading at Greyson.

Now, how does a group of civilians find the missing person that quickly ? Common sense

As the driver of the lead vehicle in the group of 10 that found the Tahoe. I can say that the real hero’s of this case are the daughters that kept up the search and the brother in laws of the deceased and her nieces. They put forth little effort and found her

Thank you!

I did notice both Dawn and her wife, both had correlated the search with the NAJC beginning Wednesday of last week-setting up the time and asking for as many jeeps as possible to come out and help.

I’m so thankful you guys found her and brought some sort of peace to her family. Now, they face another battle of the immense grief that follows, but atleast they know where their mama is.

The chief of MPD has previously stated that forestry officials were and had been searching for JNW. I wonder why they didn’t look there.

To be fair, he's not under any obligation to tell the world the contents of those texts. He shared them with LE, I presume which is as far as he should have gone.
I don't say he was any obligation at all. I am just pointing out that HE shared these texts and what I personally find interesting about it. These are just my opinions here, y'all.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Why wasn't he asking "where are you?" Or "let's talk about this in person. "? Instead he's just, oh ok, sorry we didn't work out either bye. " really??? You're wife is saying she's about to kill her self and you don't ask questions???? Smh.

If you read the first text he received from her, perhaps it didn’t appear suicidal to him and more like a “goodbye” to a marriage text.

Jennifer: “Please know that I love you and I’m sorry for your pain. Be good to my girls through this. They have been through so much. I love you forever. This is not goodbye just see you later."

The first text doesn’t seem too ominous to me. It could be taken as please don’t treat my daughters any differently when we are divorced. I love you forever. It’s not goodbye to knowing each other, we will still be friends.

Then he replies:
Brent: "Why would I not be good to your girls? I’m really sorry things haven’t worked out. I want you to be happy and healthy. I will love you forever as well."

and gets this text:

Jennifer: "I’m finally headed to glory! I’m finally going to be at peace. I love you.

Brent said he frantically sent her a series of messages and calls trying to reach her but there was no further response. He then contacted family members who also received texts of a similar nature form Jennifer around the same time.

It’s important to pay attention to the first text BW received. The first text wouldn’t necessarily be considered suicidal.
At least if I received that one, I wouldn’t take it that way.

http://m.moultonadvertiser.com/news/local/article_96e6590c-4e30-11e8-ab3b-63a098f7a91d.html?mode=jqm

The chief of MPD has previously stated that forestry officials were and had been searching for JNW. I wonder why they didn’t look there.
This is why I posted about the cell service on that road. Anyone who travels it knows where they have cell service and texts were sent from her phone so the phone had to be in area where it would have service.

This is why I posted about the cell service on that road. Anyone who travels it knows where they have cell service and texts were sent from her phone so the phone had to be in area where it would have service.

Why wouldn’t they search there? It makes zero sense.

Looks like we won't be hearing any official information for a while.

http://www.waaytv.com/content/news/...dicate-how-Jennifer-White-died-481967531.html

[FONT=&quot]Officials said they will not release any information on the case until toxicology results come back, which could take months.[/FONT]

However, we apparently will be hearing from the private investigator.

[FONT=&quot]The private investigator working White's case said she plans to address the media soon in a news conference.[/FONT]

Kudos to the private investigator.

I imagine she would be much sought after by families of missing loved ones after locating JMW.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Thank you to the poster that was involved in the search! Thank you for caring and helping this family bring their loved one home. YOU ARE a hero. Not everyone would do what you all did. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to the poster that was involved in the search! Thank you for caring and helping this family bring their loved one home. YOU ARE a hero. Not everyone would do what you all did. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes- a huge thank you for all of your time and help. A true group of heroes. Blessings to you all!

(RSBM) Thanks so much for this.

I hear my local emergency dispatch state they've pinged a cell phone around here pretty frequently, for instance when they've received a hangup call and get no answer on callback. Then they'll tell the officer taking the call that the coordinates are "within a confidence of 18-30" (for example, not real numbers) and give them the address(es) closest to that location within that range. So I wonder if you even have to have a warrant, in certain situations?
Sorry! It took forever for me to figure out how to see who had replied to me so I could respond in kind.

To my knowledge, 911 services are the exception. The reasoning behind the FCC mandate (that required all non-compatible E911 phones be deactivated) was to extend the safety capabilities that wireless phones afford consumers (especially back then but even to this day in rural/hilly/mountainous areas.)

The change in distance honestly delights me. Although, I can't say that I am not surprised as tech has advanced SO MUCH in the past two decades. I would anticipate that in the rural/hilly/mountainous areas that it is likely still a bit further. The same goes for areas with a thick tree canopy. To date, neither wireless phones nor civillian grade hand-held GPS systems can beat Mother Nature. (For that matter, even military grade tech can't always beat terrain, weather and the like.)

And still, all of this re enforces that LE was not doing their job in trying to find Marshell.

As per the hard reset that JBG had suggested was done on Marshell's phone (I'm combining this tech stuff to make it easier):

- it was mentioned in an earlier comment on this thread that she had made the assumption that the phone had a factory reset done as it had been wiped of it's apps

- it has been mentioned on more than one occasion in this thread that the location of the phone as of *today* is unknown

- it has been mentioned on more that one occasion in this thread that the search party was directed to look in areas that Marshell's phone or watch (I'm hazarding a super easy guess that they are referring to a smartwatch/fit bit type of tech)

Therefore we can surmise fairly substantially that the phone was assumed to be with Marshell or disposed of by her but NOT anywhere accessible to anyone.

Why this is important:
According to multiple sources that I have that still work in the wireless phone field and external techs all of whom work or are vastly knowledgeable of AT&T specifically (although these rules in my research towards the end of last week indicates that in regards to this topic, what holds true for AT&T holds true for all wireless phone companies), WPCs can not see if a phone has been manually reset nor can they see if apps have been removed.

(The former could be seen in the account notes if an account holder has called in a requested a remote wipe by the carrier but doing so on a missing persons phone would make absolutely zero sense.) In continuance, I was informed that Apple could provide that information but it would take time and the furnishing of proper password(s) etc by an applicable party.

I don't know when MSM first reported that Marshell's phone was (thought to be wiped) but I am confident in saying that the timeline is concerning.

What I'm hoping for is either clarification on when/where this information came about OR that that knowledge is being specifically withheld.

I know I have seen mentioned in this thread something about BW had contacted AT&T but I've now been typing so long I can't remember the exact details. *headdesk*

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Sorry! It took forever for me to figure out how to see who had replied to me so I could respond in kind.

To my knowledge, 911 services are the exception. The reasoning behind the FCC mandate (that required all non-compatible E911 phones be deactivated) was to extend the safety capabilities that wireless phones afford consumers (especially back then but even to this day in rural/hilly/mountainous areas.)

The change in distance honestly delights me. Although, I can't say that I am not surprised as tech has advanced SO MUCH in the past two decades. I would anticipate that in the rural/hilly/mountainous areas that it is likely still a bit further. The same goes for areas with a thick tree canopy. To date, neither wireless phones nor civillian grade hand-held GPS systems can beat Mother Nature. (For that matter, even military grade tech can't always beat terrain, weather and the like.)

And still, all of this re enforces that LE was not doing their job in trying to find Marshell.

As per the hard reset that JBG had suggested was done on Marshell's phone (I'm combining this tech stuff to make it easier):

- it was mentioned in an earlier comment on this thread that she had made the assumption that the phone had a factory reset done as it had been wiped of it's apps

- it has been mentioned on more than one occasion in this thread that the location of the phone as of *today* is unknown

- it has been mentioned on more that one occasion in this thread that the search party was directed to look in areas that Marshell's phone or watch (I'm hazarding a super easy guess that they are referring to a smartwatch/fit bit type of tech)

Therefore we can surmise fairly substantially that the phone was assumed to be with Marshell or disposed of by her but NOT anywhere accessible to anyone.

Why this is important:
According to multiple sources that I have that still work in the wireless phone field and external techs all of whom work or are vastly knowledgeable of AT&T specifically (although these rules in my research towards the end of last week indicates that in regards to this topic, what holds true for AT&T holds true for all wireless phone companies), WPCs can not see if a phone has been manually reset nor can they see if apps have been removed.

(The former could be seen in the account notes if an account holder has called in a requested a remote wipe by the carrier but doing so on a missing persons phone would make absolutely zero sense.) In continuance, I was informed that Apple could provide that information but it would take time and the furnishing of proper password(s) etc by an applicable party.

I don't know when MSM first reported that Marshell's phone was (thought to be wiped) but I am confident in saying that the timeline is concerning.

What I'm hoping for is either clarification on when/where this information came about OR that that knowledge is being specifically withheld.

I know I have seen mentioned in this thread something about BW had contacted AT&T but I've now been typing so long I can't remember the exact details. *headdesk*

Thank you very much for this useful post. I was having problems trying to actually word my questions regarding these very issues. I hope to see some clarification on these statements. I don't use Apple products myself, but I am aware that there are some differences. We use google in conjunction with our Android phones and can use those accounts to do lots of things not necessarily our carrier.. Does Apple do that? Am I showing my ignorance, yet?!

Did I see that Marshell and her vehicle were found 12 miles from the location that has been deemed the last ping? (Even though the carrier likely has a record of pings after that?)

And unfortunately as MPD was, if I recall, touting said ping as Marshell's last location, 12 miles would be a great distance out of the way to go. Though in thinking about it, that 12 miles could be closer as it was likely calculated via roadways whereas a proper search, depending, of course, on how it was done, is most efficient when you "mow the grass", a helicopter for example, in theory, should do multiple passes at a specific distance apart (that would be based on all kinds of factors must of which I'm sure I have next to zero knowledge of other than very rudimentary heat seeking camera knowledge). I mean if you're looking for a vehicle, be it the RMS TITANIC, the MH370 or Jennifer Marshell White's Chevy Tahoe, you lay out a grid on a map and you mow the grass. Period.

I seriously hope that the Moulton community eventually has the LE they deserve.

And to the person who helped with the search, you are wonderful. No matter what role you played, know that your grief whether you knew Marshell personally or that you are grieving by proxy by being one who searched for her, if I may be so bold to say this, I encourage you to continue honoring Marshell (and also yourself) by now allowing yourself to grieve. But also do not judge yourself on how that grief occurs. It may be a one time cry in a bathroom or it may take much time and occur in many locations. Whomever you are, the people you have aligned yourself with, all of you make up what appears to be a beautiful community and I know that I am glad for all of you that you have each other. Peace to all of you. [emoji170]

That was beautiful HaKer Jack. It deserves a whole truck load of Thanks.

Someone in the first thread clarified that the daughter had posted on fb that she had assumed the phone was reset because they checked her email and there were emails saying her passwords had been reset. So it hasn't been verified, afik, that phone was even reset at all.

Thank you very much for this useful post. I was having problems trying to actually word my questions regarding these very issues. I hope to see some clarification on these statements. I don't use Apple products myself, but I am aware that there are some differences. We use google in conjunction with our Android phones and can use those accounts to do lots of things not necessarily our carrier.. Does Apple do that? Am I showing my ignorance, yet?!
No worries! I've used phones from day one. And yes, Android and Apple have a ton of differences which is why I went looking for help. I felt so dumb because it's been so long that I thought it might have changed more than it actually has.

This just bugs me so much that this could have been resolved so much sooner. I watched the interview with Marshell's girls and I think it was her aunt maybe? And their pain is practically palpable.

I joined Websleuths last year but I actually ended up here last week to look into Marshell's story as a part of an effort to get exposure to Missing Persons on social media. I don't know what just made me think of that. She was the first Jennifer that came up. I didn't even have a chance to get her on the list.

Someone in the first thread clarified that the daughter had posted on fb that she had assumed the phone was reset because they checked her email and there were emails saying her passwords had been reset. So it hasn't been verified, afik, that phone was even reset at all.

Thank you for that clarificatio . I keep waffling between broken hearted for this family and community and being angry over how this was all handled.

Does it make sense to other people that LE should know this stuff about cellphones? Or am I crazy? I feel like this should be something that 18 stinking years after it became a thing that LE across the board should know this. I mean I guess because of the fact that certain positions are elected could account for it but to me that just doesn't seem okay.

Thank you for that clarificatio . I keep waffling between broken hearted for this family and community and being angry over how this was all handled.

Does it make sense to other people that LE should know this stuff about cellphones? Or am I crazy? I feel like this should be something that 18 stinking years after it became a thing that LE across the board should know this. I mean I guess because of the fact that certain positions are elected could account for it but to me that just doesn't seem okay.

It’s not okay. The ball was dropped in this case significantly. I, for one, don’t believe it was dropped by the entire MPD, but it was dropped by the chief and whoever was assisting him. If he didn’t have knowledge of cellphones and pinging location, he should’ve asked someone to assist. Unfortunately, the chief has given his force a bad name and that’s very unfortunate for all of the officers representing this department.

I cannot get past the fact that instead of her being found in hours or even a couple of days-she was found 1 month later. After decomp has now made it impossible for her daughters and family to even be able to see their mom one last time. I just can’t imagine what they are feeling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back