Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Gaslighting*is a form of*manipulation*that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, hoping to make them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent*denial, misdirection, contradiction, and*lying, it attempts to*destabilize*the target and delegitimize the target's belief.[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

After reading his interview....this is what immediately came to my mind. That and his total lack of emotion in regards to Marshell. I feel so bad for her daughters and family. The days ahead are going to be rough. They seem to be a close family though, so I hope they can lean on each other through it all.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

I’ve given this man the benefit of the doubt. I’ve played devils advocate. I’ve tried to not jump to conclusions. I’ve ignored what my instincts have said.

However when someone makes this statement, it’s impossible to ignore.

“She was taking a lot of medicines to keep things under control,” he said. “Some of the medicines had side effects that could increase the thoughts of suicide. Based on her texts to me and the way she had been acting, when she left I thought she was probably going to take her own life. The text sounded suicidal.”

I thought she was probably going to take her own life

I can’t even wrap my head around that. I cannot understand how anyone could think someone was going to commit suicide and do absolutely nothing.

I also am praying that perhaps the reporter misinterpreted or misquoted what came out of Brent’s mouth.

Linking to reference quote. http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/la...gn=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

First of all, left where and when? Secondly, if you know that someone is a danger to themselves or others isn't there an obligation to notify authorities, and seek an Involuntary Hold order from a Magistrate to have that person taken in for a psychological evaluation so that proper medical and/or mental health services can be obtained.

I probably said that all wrong, but Brent's words seem so nonchalant. It makes me sad.

gaslighting*is a form of*manipulation*that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, hoping to make them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent*denial, misdirection, contradiction, and*lying, it attempts to*destabilize*the target and delegitimize the target's belief.[

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/gaslighting

after reading his interview....this is what immediately came to my mind. That and his total lack of emotion in regards to marshell. I feel so bad for her daughters and family. The days ahead are going to be rough. They seem to be a close family though, so i hope they can lean on each other through it all.

Sent from my sm-g955w using tapatalk

this!

BW is as tone deaf as I’ve ever seen.

First of all, left where and when? Secondly, if you know that someone is a danger to themselves or others isn't there an obligation to notify authorities, and seek an Involuntary Hold order from a Magistrate to have that person taken in for a psychological evaluation so that proper medical and/or mental health services can be obtained.

I probably said that all wrong, but Brent's words seem so nonchalant. It makes me sad.

And yet not any part of the text sounded like BW trying to encourage her NOT to take her life!!! WTF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet not any part of the text sounded like BW trying to encourage her NOT to take her life!!! WTF!

Right!!! So, he knew when she "left" that she was suicidal and he gets a "this is not goodbye but see you later" message and all he can bring himself to say is, "I will love you forever, too"???

I do believe Mrs. White was likely a victim of suicide, but her "husband" had absolutely no desire to keep her from hurting herself. Me me me, indeed. :moo:

I do not understand how this man still has any supporters, but especially after that most recent interview. :facepalm:

Well based on everyone's comments here I'm not even going to go read what BW had to say.

Right!!! So, he knew when she "left" that she was suicidal and he gets a "this is not goodbye but see you later" message and all he can bring himself to say is, "I will love you forever, too"???

I do believe Mrs. White was likely a victim of suicide, but her "husband" had absolutely no desire to keep her from hurting herself. Me me me, indeed. :moo:

I do not understand how this man still has any supporters, but especially after that most recent interview. :facepalm:

Is he referring to the mysterious 1:30 pm phone call? Who did she call?

Councilman: Wife may have taken her own life

MOULTON — A Moulton councilman grieving the loss of his wife said he wouldn’t be surprised to learn from state forensics that his wife took her own life.

District 5 Councilman Brent White said his wife, Jennifer Marshell White, 55, was having “some very serious medical conditions.” Marshell White left her Market Street home on April 8 and was last heard from in a text message in the early morning of April 9. Phone records show the texts came from Winston County.

“She was taking a lot of medicines to keep things under control,” he said. “Some of the medicines had side effects that could increase the thoughts of suicide. Based on her texts to me and the way she had been acting, when she left I thought she was probably going to take her own life. The text sounded suicidal.”

[...]

(modsnip)

McWhorter said the investigation from his department has concluded.

“It’s not in my city, not in my county,” he said. “It’s not my scene. I wasn’t at the scene Sunday. … She was found. I’m glad she was found so there will be some closure.”

White said he wants to thank family members and friends who have supported him during his wife's disappearance.

"During this whole process, my dear friends and family who have been here for me have helped me deal with this," he said. "Something guided these people to call me, visit me and pray for me when I seemed to need it the most."

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/la...cle_13c3d174-31c2-5986-bd78-aea40d718fc0.html
Two braying asses!

Bless Jennifer & her family.

(Thank you for posting this, CV. Not disparaging you at all! This article good for showing others who is in charge of things in Moulton)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I am truly holding out hope that this man is just not very good with words or giving statements.

I tend to base my thinking on the “what would I do” thought process and I know what my answer would be, whether I thought a family member was going to kill themselves or if I thought a stranger was suicidal, I would seek help. I’d follow them. I’d call 911. What I wouldn’t do is let them walk out the door suicidal and alone.

I know everyone doesn’t think the same, but I do feel like most people do have compassion and would do whatever needed to help someone struggling with suicidal ideations.

I just truly hope his statement is a miscommunication on his part.

Resetting the phone deletes the contents - actually marks things as deleted rather than wiping the data - however almost all of the contents of the phone can be recovered forensically without much difficulty.

Of course, it isn't known if anything happened with Jennifer's phone.

I wasn't saying it would be unrecoverable. Of course the police can recover it if they choose to. However from personal experience, police don't always go to the greatest lengths to recover deleted info in every case. Nor would they necessessarily share the entire contents of the phone with the deceased's family if they did. When my husband died, the police simply gave me his untouched cell phone. Which is what may happen to her phone eventually. Maybe she didn't want people going through her personal stuff on the phone when that time came. If she reset the phone, I see that as a statement "please give me privacy" from the deceased.

BBM

When she left? I’m genuinely confused. I was under the impression from all other articles and statements that BW didn’t see his wife leave the house?

This is what jumped out at me.
I had said in the last thread that the daughter mentioned never going upstairs but that no one was downstairs that she saw.

Grandkids clothing outside by garage,,,,, etc.

If he felt she was taking a lot of meds and not doing well why the he!! Didn’t have he try to get her help?
Sorry, but this politician is pizzen me off. SHeeeeeesh.

I am truly holding out hope that this man is just not very good with words or giving statements.

I tend to base my thinking on the “what would I do” thought process and I know what my answer would be, whether I thought a family member was going to kill themselves or if I thought a stranger was suicidal, I would seek help. I’d follow them. I’d call 911. What I wouldn’t do is let them walk out the door suicidal and alone.

I know everyone doesn’t think the same, but I do feel like most people do have compassion and would do whatever needed to help someone struggling with suicidal ideations.

I just truly hope his statement is a miscommunication on his part.

I am assuming that to get on council he would have to be a great of speaker - right?? Shouldn’t he have a PR person who helps give advice and manage the words that come out of his face?
I’m sure you are right but gah....

I am assuming that to get on council he would have to be a great of speaker - right?? Shouldn’t he have a PR person who helps give advice and manage the words that come out of his face?
I’m sure you are right but gah....

No, I’ve thought the same. These are my “trying to be respectful thoughts” and have patience for more information to come out in the coming weeks.

Can someone give a link to that presser by PI? I can’t find it!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper