Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That isn't what I'd call victim bashing, if you're talking about the "mother or any of the 3 fathers" bit. Unnecessary shade, yes.

Respectfully, I was talking about both. Basically calling Marshell crazy, by putting her supposed mental health info out there, and calling her a liar, and yes, throwing shade at the daughter, too, as she is family and grieving.

I also feel as if things are being handled a bit inappropriately on both sides. Silence is golden.

On my iPhone I have an option to add 6 people to “Family Sharing”, this includes purchase sharing, music, iCloud storage and location sharing.
It also says you can also create a family calendar, photo albums and be added to the “find my iPhone” feature.

I don’t use this, but if my husband had an iPhone, I would certainly add him, and if my children were older and had phones (they’re 10 & 8) they would also be added.
Is this something that spouses or families usually take advantage of?
Why or why not?
Could you potentially “spy” on someone’s phone activity (with what this feature offers) without them necessarily knowing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband has the family share thing and only one of our (5) kids is is currently hooked up to it. I was for a bit and then stopped because every time I’d download an app or anything on my phone or the iPads for the kids it would send him a notification and it was happening often enough for me to feel like it was distracting to him while he was working. They may have opened her email or iPad and seen notifications of password changes. I’m bad and use just a couple of passwords for pretty much everything and my kids know at least one because they are on my Netflix, Hulu, etc.. I don’t think anyone knows my FB password but I think I remember setting my husband to be able to take over in case anything were to happen to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not surprised to see these facts presented. I theorized pages back that she may have just been fed up. She sacrifices for others, yet who was watching out for her? If she was delusional, did anyone take her for help?

My best friend went to an early grave raising her 2 grandchildren and busting her butt for everyone in her family, including her three grown children who were disrespectful and could never seem to help out their mom when she needed help in return.
Stay tuned...

The family and LE need to focus on finding Jennifer not being snide with each other.
Maybe LE should be doing pressers and putting together search parties and the family doing the same.
Just a shame to see these FB post that in no way are going to help find her.

'SHAKING HEAD'

WOW, indeed. What is wrong with the Moulton PD? :facepalm:

I sure hope someone has a screenshot of that post. They definitely make it clear their "investigation" is over, as they've drawn too many conclusions that eliminate the need to investigate anything further. :rolleyes:

Also, a denial of an affair is the only "evidence" needed in Alabama, I guess. :moo:

The good ole boy network in small redneck town of Alabama. I am a resident in a small town in Alabama. These small towns are not Mayberry RFD.

As everyone else, I am in total disbelief of that post - got to read it since it was public on FB (not a FB user).
It is hard to fathom that a professional organization that is to protect the citizens of their jurisdiction posted this rule violating post.

This is one comment I had never heard from the "oh so revealing" Benefit of the Doubt.

"Fact - the night she left she sent text messages to her husband, her daughters and others that indicated she would harm herself and that her "earthly suit" would not be found for days."

I know her daughters said they would not reveal everything said in her text message, but this would (for me) explain the lost time after the gas station until the text messages (12 hours?). It might take some time to plan a disappearance of a Tahoe and a body. Since neither have been found, perhaps she has just decided to disappear for a while.

bold by me

Not surprised to see these facts presented. I theorized pages back that she may have just been fed up. She sacrifices for others, yet who was watching out for her? If she was delusional, did anyone take her for help?

My best friend went to an early grave raising her 2 grandchildren and busting her butt for everyone in her family, including her three grown children who were disrespectful and could never seem to help out their mom when she needed help in return.
Stay tuned...
We don't know if those were facts at all.

Someone, quickly alert Nancy Grace or some other person like her. I can just hear Nancy now. Mrs. White needs National Coverage. She needs to be found.

And the backpedaling has begun...they made an additional post:

https://www.facebook.com/City-of-Moulton-Police-Department-488327671348960/

ETA: This makes me think very much of the Timothy Cunningham case. We (collective we) were frustrated by lack of forthcoming info by LE, as we are in many cases, and, unfortunately, THAT is the better way for LE to handle things than this 'let it all hang out there' stuff, imo. There are many reasons LE holds things close to the vest. :::smh:::

From reading the comments on that post, rather than quench the fire they've thrown gas on it.

Edit: Annd the most recent post is just digging deeper. *slow clap * What an exemplary and professional department.

We don't know if those were facts at all.
Right. Where did they get their „facts“ from? Oh, this clears it up:
It appears necessary to clarify a couple of things...
Marshell's husband gave permission to post the concerns about her health and the dangerous side effects of the medication she was taking. (Please be aware of the medications you or a loved one are taking and look for negative side effects.)
Also, It was not our intent to imply that the fathers of Marshell's grandkids were unfit as parents. It was to show another stressor in her life, by that we mean that is was not as simple as having one person picking up or dropping off all children as the same time for their visitation but had to be scheduled. We should have expressed that better. ( Her daughter has already stated that she would drop by to visit regularly.)
Marshell kept them all so that the kids would not be seperated from their siblings. Which again, shows her devotion as a grandmother.
We know that all of Marshall's family (parents, brothers, husband, children, step-children and grandchildren) and friends want to know where she is and what happened.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=934585650056491&id=488327671348960

This is one comment I had never heard from the "oh so revealing" Benefit of the Doubt.

"Fact - the night she left she sent text messages to her husband, her daughters and others that indicated she would harm herself and that her "earthly suit" would not be found for days."

I know her daughters said they would not reveal everything said in her text message, but this would (for me) explain the lost time after the gas station until the text messages (12 hours?). It might take some time to plan a disappearance of a Tahoe and a body. Since neither have been found, perhaps she has just decided to disappear for a while.

bold by me

I FULLY AGREE..THAT WAS A HUGE STATEMENT that I read that made me go oh WOW
and for it to be in quotes "earthly suit"...what does that mean?? Earthly suit?? Why would she not be found for days??

You know, I had been leaning away from suicide. But the more quotes -- if the ARE actually quotes -- I see from her text messages, and having been raised with the same kind of religious terminology, I'm not feeling too optimistic that JMW will be found alive. "Earthly suit" and the earlier things about "going to glory" and putting on a "heavenly garment"...that stuff is pretty unambiguous, where I come from.

Well, based on what Moulton PD posted the million dollar question is this: If the 4 children were staying at Jennifer and Brent's house and Brent had left to stay at his son's and Jennifer took off at 1:30pm then where were the kids? Who had them?

There is no mention whatsoever of the kids being there at the time Jennifer's daughter was there before Jennifer disappeared.

That is the puzzle for me at the moment.

Well, based on what Moulton PD posted the million dollar question is this: If the 4 children were staying at Jennifer and Brent's house and Brent had left to stay at his son's and Jennifer took off at 1:30pm then where were the kids? Who had them?

There is no mention whatsoever of the kids being there at the time Jennifer's daughter was there before Jennifer disappeared.

That is the puzzle for me at the moment.

With their fathers perhaps?

I’m not at all surprised by the statements in the PD post, but I am surprised that the PD made them. This is definitely a first for any case I’ve followed.

I hope Marshell is found soon.

The police seem to love Brent.He and the woman he supposedly had the affair with denied it so it never happened.I guess people never deny affairs,lol.

I wrote this yesterday or the day before and apparently never posted it so I apologize if anything has changed. I would double check first but I have some information on the tech aspect (iPhones and AT&T) and I don't want to accidentally lose this particular post.

Original post:
I should have jumped in on this sooner but I came into this thread just about the time it was picking up steam and I've been (somewhat unsuccessfully) playing catch up ever since.

I am a former mental health professional. My personal special knowledgebases include suicide (specifically statistics and identifying what level of immediate threat a person was to oneself in emergent situations), co-morbidity of mental health diagnoses & addiction/auto immune disorders/chronic illnesses and LGBTQIA+ related issues. (Obviously, not all pertinent to this case.)

Here's why I'm not convinced that JW commited suicide:

Human beings are highly predictable (with a very rare and few exceptions but even they in hindsight become highly predictable see: GSK). We often don't realize it in the moment but if we are able to take two mthaphorical steps back or to the side, we can see whether a person fits the script, if you will, of a particular character or not.

That's not to say that JW did not exhibit markers of someone who is planning to commit suicide. A key marker was highlighted within the first 10 posts of this thread, I apologize for not remembering your username, but it emphatically showed that one section of suicidal people become exceedingly happy because the decision to end their pain has been made and they are finally in a state where for them the end, of what can feel torturous, is finally in sight. That would be one way of looking at JW's overall demeanor at the gas station, although, IMHO, as some others have stated she appears to be greeting/speaking to someone that incites that very visible reaction.

The problem I see with the JW suicide theory is that according to what we know today at this moment, any potential markers JW exhibits don't fit into the profile of one particular type of suicidal individual. The *potential* markers are all in different profiles of a suicidal individual.

I'd also like to stress that these potential indicators of a person intent on suicide are based on interviews with a very small subset of people, specifically family. With a much larger cross section of individuals that knew JW prior to her disappearance, individuals who range from acquaintances to old friends to family, only then could a more accurate profile be established. (This would be akin to a post-mortem psych eval, utilizing information from a variety of those who were a part of the person's life, any information left behind by the decedent including letters/emails/text messages/videos, all combined with the proper knowledge of psychology to construct a psychological profile.)

In short, with the current information that we have, she just doesn't fit the mold.

JMHO of course.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

With their fathers perhaps?
But then if that were the case when would visitation end? If the children were returned from visitation and no one was home wouldn't that raise the alarm sooner?

There is probably a simple and reasonable explanation. I just haven't seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz