GUILTY AL - Kamden Johnson, 5, dies in hot day care van, Mobile, 21 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This case has been so hard for me... even reading the posts. Kamden was such a sweet handsome little boy who looked so happy in his photo.

I don't know which bothers me the most. Her neglecting to keep Kamden safe like he so greatly deserved or the fact that when she found him deceased she threw his little body away as if he was an unwanted child. It was all about her, and nothing about him.

If his mom worked at another daycare center for this same church she most likely knew him, and his Mom better than some of the other children and parents. How could she do this? The least she could have done for Kamden is try to get him help, but no she didn't, and that is also unforgivable combined with what she did to him after she found him dead.

One of my best friends is the Manager of one of the largest church daycare centers in our area. They abide by all regulations, and everyone that is employed there has a criminal background check run on them. They are one of the most sought out daycare centers because they have been taking care of children for over 25 years, and not one child has ended up the way Kamden did. They also have a private school from pre-k to 12th grade. Our oldest granddaughter started attending the daycare there when she was 1 years old, and graduated high school there with honors.

Not all church daycare centers are the same. Yes, some of them are bad, but we have seen many private daycare centers that had employees who have grossly abused the children in their care with some even killing a child due to abuse without them being left in a hot van, and they were suppose to abide by all of the regulations.

Private daycare centers have also hired employees with criminal records so no regulation in the world is going to stop those who do not abide by the rules/regulations in place for them to follow. It must be easy to get away with not following regulations because time and time again we see where a private daycare center had employees who have gravely harmed children including murders, and some didn't even have proper licenses at the time when they were investigated after the fact when it was already too late for the child/children.

Even if the state has different rules for churches the daycare centers can self-regulate themselves, and put all of the necessary rules in place that protects the children in their care. It is just like one doesn't have to be told to abide by the law if they are law abiding citizens to begin with.

IMO

Where does it say she was on drugs? I missed that part.

Here's an article with a little more information:

Daycare worker left Kamden Johnson in van, records show; bonds set at $75,000 for suspect

[FONT=&amp]Wright closed by stating that the manslaughter charge was brought on by evidence showing Patterson committed a reckless act.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"He (Johnson) was in her care at the daycare in the van with her and we believe while under her care that he died and then his body was disposed of," said Wright.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Court officers were seen bringing a stretcher and breathing machine into the courtroom shortly afterwards. Hernandez stated that Patterson suffers from serious health complications that require chemotherapy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"She takes medical treatment twice a week," said Hernandez. "And that could have played a role in what happened in court today i'm just unsure right now."[/FONT]

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/08/daycare_worker_left_kamden_joh.html

Hmm just throwing it out there, nit saying this is the case at all but my friend has sickle cell - suffers seizures as a result and has chemo 2 times per week in readiness for a bone marrow transplant

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I never thought all church daycares were bad. I just think they should require accreditation. the school your grand daughter attended does the checks etc whether required to or not which is good.

ETA if a prospective employee is getting a background check, they would be printed and live scanned at the sheriff's dept so if they lied, that would be discovered with the live scan results.

This case has been so hard for me... even reading the posts. Kamden was such a sweet handsome little boy who looked so happy in his photo.

I don't know which bothers me the most. Her neglecting to keep Kamden safe like he so greatly deserved or the fact that when she found him deceased she threw his little body away as if he was an unwanted child. It was all about her, and nothing about him.

If his mom worked at another daycare center for this same church she most likely knew him, and his Mom better than some of the other children and parents. How could she do this? The least she could have done for Kamden is try to get him help, but no she didn't, and that is also unforgivable combined with what she did to him after she found him dead.

One of my best friends is the Manager of one of the largest church daycare centers in our area. They abide by all regulations, and everyone that is employed there has a criminal background check run on them. They are one of the most sought out daycare centers because they have been taking care of children for over 25 years, and not one child has ended up the way Kamden did. They also have a private school from pre-k to 12th grade. Our oldest granddaughter started attending the daycare there when she was 1 years old, and graduated high school there with honors.

Not all church daycare centers are the same. Yes, some of them are bad, but we have seen many private daycare centers that had employees who have grossly abused the children in their care with some even killing a child due to abuse without them being left in a hot van, and they were suppose to abide by all of the regulations.

Private daycare centers have also hired employees with criminal records so no regulation in the world is going to stop those who do not abide by the rules/regulations in place for them to follow. It must be easy to get away with not following regulations because time and time again we see where a private daycare center had employees who have gravely harmed children including murders, and some didn't even have proper licenses at the time when they were investigated after the fact when it was already too late for the child/children.

Even if the state has different rules for churches the daycare centers can self-regulate themselves, and put all of the necessary rules in place that protects the children in their care. It is just like one doesn't have to be told to abide by the law if they are law abiding citizens to begin with.

IMO

that is what I thought. but he was 5? how come he didn't crawl up front and get out?

My twin daughters are almost five and they cannot unbuckle the seatbelt themselves. they lack the strength and motor skills I guess. I don't think it would be that unusual for a child to not be able to unbuckle. however, my kids are like houdini and probably could wriggle out of their seat belts if need be. so that's what concerns me. was he given a drug to make him sleepy and he just didn't wake up? I am so sad for this poor sweet baby angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My twin daughters are almost five and they cannot unbuckle the seatbelt themselves. they lack the strength and motor skills I guess. I don't think it would be that unusual for a child to not be able to unbuckle. however, my kids are like houdini and probably could wriggle out of their seat belts if need be. so that's what concerns me. was he given a drug to make him sleepy and he just didn't wake up? I am so sad for this poor sweet baby angel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think that must be why LE did the toxicity screening, they suspect something like that as well. Are they still waiting on those results?

A couple of posts have been removed. No matter how we feel about an accused, please don’t resort to body-shaming comments.

:tyou:

I think that must be why LE did the toxicity screening, they suspect something like that as well. Are they still waiting on those results?
I think they're still waiting. I know that in some states, forensic labs have a backlog so I won't be surprised if they don't have results for a few weeks yet.

Regarding the seat belts: Some types of seat belts are very difficult to fasten and unfasten, even for an adult. But, it's also possible that he didn't attempt to remove his seat belt because he had been given a medication that made him sleepy. The other day I was wondering if perhaps he has seasonal allergies and had been given an antihistamine which would make him sleepy.

More info from the lawsuit:

The lawyer goes on to say they're waiting on tox reports to see if anything was in Kamden's system.

http://local15tv.com/news/local/lawsuit-says-daycare-failed-to-rescue-kamden-johnson

I don't know what to make of the lawyer's statements. Rescue Kamden from what? Where? The daycare owners claim that whatever happened did not happen at the daycare.

http://local15tv.com/news/local/the...-daycare-owners-speak-exclusively-to-local-15
I think the lawsuit is premature. Would have been better to wait for definitive information. I think they jumped the gun.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what the van looks like? I was just wondering what kind of doors it had. Would it be like a regular car door or more like a school bus? Is it possible he couldn't get out on his own because he didn't know how to get the door open?

Does anyone know what the van looks like? I was just wondering what kind of doors it had. Would it be like a regular car door or more like a school bus? Is it possible he couldn't get out on his own because he didn't know how to get the door open?

I was wondering about the van as well.

Well it seems clear to me the daycare was negligent by hiring this woman to work with children.It took me five minutes to look up her record.Could the daycare not do this when precious children were being cared for?

Well it seems clear to me the daycare was negligent by hiring this woman to work with children.It took me five minutes to look up her record.Could the daycare not do this when precious children were being cared for?

Hopefully the law will change ... for now it will not change this outcome ... kamden is gone. Prayers for his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back