Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick Devone Stallworth and Derick Irisha Brown have been questioned by the police the last couple of days in the case.
Stallworth, 39, of Birmingham, was arrested and charged with four counts of possession of child *advertiser censored* and three counts of possession of child *advertiser censored* with the intent to distribute. Stallworth, who was found to have the information on his phone, is being held on a total bond of $500,000.

Stallworth previously pleaded guilty to possession of marijuana in 2004 and spent 30 days in jail.

Brown, 29, was originally charged with kidnapping, but ultimately had her probation revoked. She is being held with no bond.
2 people questioned in Birmingham 3-year-old’s abduction facing unrelated charges
I'm sick over the fact that there was child *advertiser censored* found on Stallworth's phone. I'm thankful that they weren't pictures of Cupcake, but they were pictures of someone child and it shows his sexual interest in children. It's all so upsetting. Where are you Cupcake?!?!

If he was going to delete some photos you'd think he'd delete all of them. I hope the pictures were older children....

I'm glad everyone is caught up now. Whew. It's nauseating that we still don't have Cupcake.

It really bothers me when they call her Kamille. Maybe it's just me being sensitive since I had a child who wouldn't respond to her name either.

When I delete photos on my phone, they go into a deleted folder but can be permanently deleted. I know "the cloud" also stores photos, but perhaps this guy doesn't have that turned on.

I'm with you that it's not probable, but IMO, just because they didn't find any, that's not a definite there never were any photos of her.

On the other hand, it's possible he didn't have a chance to take any of Cupcake yet. So lack of photos doesn't disprove his potential connection.

Exactly. In regards to deleting photos IPhone for instance, they are stored in a deleted folder.

Even if one were to delete the photos from this folder (ignoring Icloud), those photos don’t just disappear. The space is made available, but the photo still exists until it is eventually overwritten.

Law enforcement has access to software that can recover these photos before they are gone forever. I imagine the FBI will be utilized for this.

As you say, no photos doesn’t mean this guy isn’t responsible for her abduction. My thinking is this was sexually motivated, and I’m not talking about producing child *advertiser censored*.

Exactly. In regards to deleting photos IPhone for instance, they are stored in a deleted folder.

Even if one were to delete the photos from this folder (ignoring Icloud), those photos don’t just disappear. The space is made available, but the photo still exists until it is eventually overwritten.

Law enforcement has access to software that can recover these photos before they are gone forever. I imagine the FBI will be utilized for this.

As you say, no photos doesn’t mean this guy isn’t responsible for her abduction. My thinking is this was sexually motivated, and I’m not talking about producing child *advertiser censored*.
BBM: Sadly, I agree.

When I delete photos on my phone, they go into a deleted folder but can be permanently deleted. I know "the cloud" also stores photos, but perhaps this guy doesn't have that turned on.

I'm with you that it's not probable, but IMO, just because they didn't find any, that's not a definite there never were any photos of her.

On the other hand, it's possible he didn't have a chance to take any of Cupcake yet. So lack of photos doesn't disprove his potential connection.

Actually, you can delete photos from your phone (including deleting the deleted items) but unless you restore as a new device those items can be recovered. Just like a computer, if you don’t fully reformat your hard drive deleted items can be recovered. They just can’t be viewed through normal file explorers and you don’t need to be LE to do it.

It’s available commercially, not exclusive to LE. The type of software that can actually break into locked devices and cloud storage is definitely not available except to LE. The Israeli’s are EXTREMELY good at developing this kind of software. They are the ones who have broken into locked iPhones when Apple has refused LE’s request for unlocking.

Last edited:

The youtube video done by the local defence atty I thought was interesting and seemed somewhat credible and possibly even heartfelt.

Given the defence atty's clientele, my guess is that he didn't do that video 'blind' and its clear he knows the local situational dynamics.

His take seemed to be a possible group of people working together to take a child. He seemed to believe that nobody in the group thought the case would get the attention as quickly as it did and that as soon as the FBI showed up that people in the group started to panic.

He was appealing for one of the group to come forward and figure out a way to bring Cupcake back.

Being cynical by nature I initially dismissed his ideas but the more I think about it I can see that his knowledge of the local situation might be correct. I am also looking for some way to believe that Cupcake is alive. If the situation was purely local then it might be possible for Cupcake to be alive.

But, given how the Amber alert was expanded to surrounding States then perhaps LE has reason to suspect out of state ties to CP so perhaps the ring might be larger than the local defence atty thought? IDK.

The youtube video done by the local defence atty I thought was interesting and seemed somewhat credible and possibly even heartfelt.

Given the defence atty's clientele, my guess is that he didn't do that video 'blind' and its clear he knows the local situational dynamics.

His take seemed to be a possible group of people working together to take a child. He seemed to believe that nobody in the group thought the case would get the attention as quickly as it did and that as soon as the FBI showed up that people in the group started to panic.

He was appealing for one of the group to come forward and figure out a way to bring Cupcake back.

Being cynical by nature I initially dismissed his ideas but the more I think about it I can see that his knowledge of the local situation might be correct. I am also looking for some way to believe that Cupcake is alive. If the situation was purely local then it might be possible for Cupcake to be alive.

But, given how the Amber alert was expanded to surrounding States then perhaps LE has reason to suspect out of state ties to CP so perhaps the ring might be larger than the local defence atty thought? IDK.

Personally, I don’t buy some sort of trafficking ring.

I can’t find a single case where a child that young has been kidnapped for a child *advertiser censored* or sex trafficking ring.

I’m not even sure it’s happened to older children (via a stranger).

Typically it’s people close to the family that engage in behavior like that (people with access).

If that was the case (ring), there would likely be a trail, and it would be in the interest of this pair to speak up so she could be recovered safely.

So law enforcement should be able to figure out who he’s been in contact with, and put the pieces together. But these two suspects should also be inclined to provide that information.

That hasn’t happened, atleast not yet.

I want to believe she’s alive, but I can’t get past the few facts we have, and what the odds say about those facts.

A guy who has child *advertiser censored*, is sexually attracted to children.

A guy like this who kidnaps a child, is probably doing it for sexual purposes (IMO his own gratification).

He’s been arrested, but there’s no sign of this little girl.

I don’t like the math here.

ETA: If there is a child *advertiser censored* ring, I think it’s probably related to the charges he’s being held on. We hear about major busts quite often, involving men who produce, trade, and sell illegal images and videos of children.

I just don’t think it’s going to be directly connected.

Last edited:

I can’t find a single case where a child that young has been kidnapped for some sort of child *advertiser censored* or sex trafficking ring.

Typically it’s people close to the family that engage in behavior like that (people with access).

If that was the case (some sort of ring), there would likely be a trail, and it would be in the interest of this pair to speak up so she could be recovered safely.

So law enforcement should be able to figure out who he’s been in contact with, and put the pieces together. But these two suspects should also be inclined to provide that information.

I want to believe she’s alive, but I can’t get past the few facts we have, and what the odds say about those facts.

A guy like this who kidnaps a child, is probably doing it for sexual purposes (IMO his own gratification).

I agree with everything you wrote.

It's been over two nights now. LE has been working their tails off, round the clock, trying to find her.

I want to believe she's alive. I'd rather believe it's a custody issue. Or revenge on a family member or ex or whatever, to teach them a lesson, but the child is fine.

But none of those scenarios fit. Especially with a jerk (sorry, I can't call him a man!) that has child *advertiser censored* on his phone. His side kick another vile monster, not only lost her kids because she abused them in some capacity, but she almost could have killed them with her kidnapping attempt. She's no stranger to kidnapping, we know that much.

If she's alive, I hope they find her soon.

However, I am scared that after whatever pleasure this creep was seeking, and possibly his side kick, too, was seeking this, well, she may be deceased already. We don't want this to be the case. I would be so happy to be wrong, and I know you would, too. Let's hope we are.

I agree with everything you wrote.

It's been over two nights now. LE has been working their tails off, round the clock, trying to find her.

I want to believe she's alive. I'd rather believe it's a custody issue. Or revenge on a family member or ex or whatever, to teach them a lesson, but the child is fine.

But none of those scenarios fit. Especially with a jerk (sorry, I can't call him a man!) that has child *advertiser censored* on his phone. His side kick another vile monster, not only lost her kids because she abused them in some capacity, but she almost could have killed them with her kidnapping attempt. She's no stranger to kidnapping, we know that much.

If she's alive, I hope they find her soon.

However, I am scared that after whatever pleasure this creep was seeking, and possibly his side kick, too, was seeking this, well, she may be deceased already. We don't want this to be the case. I would be so happy to be wrong, and I know you would, too. Let's hope we are.
Yeah. Let’s just hope that this is one case that breaks all the rules.

I guess the best hope at this point is that they’ve somehow got the wrong people, but the child *advertiser censored* for him, and the previous kidnapping for her, makes that very unlikely.

I can’t find a single case where a child that young has been kidnapped for a child *advertiser censored* or sex trafficking ring.

If that was the case (ring), there would likely be a trail, and it would be in the interest of this pair to speak up so she could be recovered safely.

ETA: If there is a child *advertiser censored* ring, I think it’s probably related to the charges he’s being held on. We hear about major busts quite often, involving men who produce, trade, and sell illegal images and videos of children.

I just don’t think it’s going to be directly connected.

Im one of the locals involved in chatter I’m unable to post here but you are spot on. MOO is this is absolutely NOT some trafficking ring or *advertiser censored* ring. It’s MOO the complexity of something like that is beyond the typical ability of the man arrested considering his circle of influence. MOO is where this man has worked, his socioeconomic situation and resources in general would not lend itself to being capable of such an operation (swoop in to a busy public housing complex buzzing with activity and snatching this poor girl).

MOO is law enforcement, since late Sunday, have been canvassing the community with his/hers names and photos trying to determine if they are, or have ever been, connected to or have connections in the neighborhood. MOO is they do and it’s what caused them to pop up on LE’s radar. The fact he was caught with CP is an outlier and might cause my overall opinion to change but before that info came out I would have guessed “wrong guy”...100%. I believe they were in the wrong place, at the wrong time, but have connections to the neighborhood. I think LE has known since late Monday they weren’t the perps but considering what was on his phone, made them put extra work into investigating them.

I’m afraid Cupcake will be another in the list of ones never found. I don’t want another one added to that list damnit.

Haleigh
Kyron
Trenton
Gabriel
Diana
Kiplyn

I think it comes down to if they have the right people or not. If they do, I absolutely think one of them will make a deal.

The female is probably the most likely candidate, as she’s probably less involved then he is, and wouldn’t want to share his punishment.

I think it’s way too early to think she won’t be recovered, one way or the other.

Each count is one image/video. If you have 100+ images, they quite literally will charge you with 100+ charges. The two charges are different though - there is likely 4 total images/videos, 3 of which they have proof of him attempting to distribute. It would count as a "double charge" for those.

Intent to distribute usually arises from having evidence of conversation with someone else about plans to sell or trade images.

If you have numerous copies of the same image/video, it also can be considered intent to distribute by law - but this is relatively uncommon to see nowadays and is more of a residual thing from when images/videos were physically traded in printed/CD/DVD/tape/etc form.

Thank you for clarifying.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm not not feeling very hopeful about this precious little girl being returned safely.

Someone used the word nauseating. It's the perfect description for how I feel, along with helpless. I'm sick over this baby girl. Sweet, precious, Cupcake, I am praying for you, and we are all desperate to see you returned safely to your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
in2itive