Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear correctly from the Lawyer Interview dude is denying current charges???? Dude it was on your phone!!!
I'm not surprised. That's what defense lawyers do.
I'm not convinced he was the one who picked up Cupcake in the car, though. I know police believe he and the woman are connected but I'm not sure how. I guess we'll have to see if her DNA was in the car.
He admitted he was in the area for work, but has an alibi for the time that the child was believed to be abducted?

I wish we knew the time she was seen being put in the car.

Imo

Last edited:
Denies current charges? Guess he's gonna use the ole' "clicked something on the internet and unknowingly downloaded child *advertiser censored* to my phone" excuse or "I thought he/she was older!" excuse. :rolleyes:

His gf had her kids removed for suspected abuse and she removed them from their temporary home at gunpoint....then crashed a cop car. She's super shady.

I highly doubt he is some normal, straight-laced, hardworking citizen who is a pillar of the community. You only date a shady woman like that when you too are shady. If it's not kidnapping or child *advertiser censored*, there's something else there with him, I'm sure of it.

I'm not surprised. That's what defense lawyers do.
I'm not convinced he was the one who picked up Cupcake in the car, though. I know police believe he and the woman are connected but I'm not sure how. I guess we'll have to see if her DNA was in the car.
He admitted he was in the area for work, but has an alibi for the time that the child was believed to be abducted?

Imo
What kinds of jobs have employees working in the evenings on a Saturday? Road construction, emergency plumbing/electrical - he wasn't in a uniform while on camera that I recall - and if he was there "for work" why did he have his girlfriend with him (if he did) - and I agree with the other poster, why spend 2 hours looking for KM when it was said she was picked up and placed in a vehicle by a man??? JMO

Did I hear correctly from the Lawyer Interview dude is denying current charges???? Dude it was on your phone!!!

Innocent until proven guilty. You don’t know what was on the phone, and iirc the charge was intent to distribute, which is another aspect that has to be proven.

I’m not defending CP or anyone who has anything to do with it, but I’m starting to get the feeling that these two POIs have nothing to do with her disappearance at all, and the initial focus on them might have caused LE to ignore other possibilities or leads.

You have a point there. Perhaps "happy" was the wrong word. I don't expect them to be happy while trying to spread the word about a missing child. My point was I felt like the reporter did not have their permission to follow them around. She wasn't embedded in with them as a volunteer herself and she seemed to walk up and ask them questions at random. It felt intrusive and inappropriate for her to trail behind and film them. I wondered if the volunteers shortened their time canvasing due to the reporter following them around. They skipped a lot of doors in the beginning when they first saw her following them and they immediately started walking to a completely different area. To me this made it look like there were trying to lose her/get out of camera shot so they could just do their work. Then they didn't go to every door and finished up their canvasing with flyers pretty quickly. I guess it's possible that they had a list of certain addresses where no one had made contact yet? But I felt the reporter's presence may have hindered the volunteers and may have prevented some people from answering their doors. If someone has info they want to share with a volunteer they aren't likely to do that while a reporter with a camera is standing out in front of their home. MOO.

That said, I think she means well and she said several times that she has 2 small children of her own. It was a good walking tour of the area. And she is trying to keep Cupcake's case in the news, which is good. I try not to be overly critical of the press because they are needed in cases like this to keep the story in the headlines. I think I'm simply annoyed and frustrated that this adorable child has not been found yet. :( MOO.
Yes, it can be a little annoying and distracting to have a reporter trailing along after you.
They hardly seemed to notice her.
She did say she (the media) wanted to help in anyway they can.
I also noticed near the end they seemed to be setting up for another gathering or for someone else to speak. They had a microphone and maybe a camera or something.
Anyway its great to see so many in the community helping to find her. I wish they had done the same in Dulce's case. She has been missing for over a month and there is still no trace of her.

Imo

This is my first post ever so if I do anything wrong please forgive me. Something I noticed during the FB live with the reporter following the volunteers, made me think of another scenario. The workers in the street looked like public works, possibly measuring and getting to paint a crosswalk. I also noticed that there didn't seem to be any crosswalks for pedestrians in the vicinity. KM's shoes were found in a parking lot. Could it be possible that someone hit or backed up a car over her, panicked, and took off with her rather than face the wrath of the family and friends in the area?

I’m starting to consider this possibility. Especially if it’s correct that the brother only saw someone pick her up and put her in the car, she may have been unresponsive. Perhaps she was injured and they meant to take her to the hospital, but something happened and they panicked.

We do know she was unsupervised. Maybe there were no adults around when it happened so instead of just leaving her, they took her.

The first 48 hours are the most important, aren't they? After that, things go decidedly downhill. :(

Yes, her shoes were found in the parking lot.

Her shoes were found in the parking lot so police believe she is barefoot.
Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney abduction: 2 detained after 3-year-old taken from Birmingham birthday party

Might be a long shot but if they are keeping her alive, wouldn't they need to get her a pair of shoes? Clothing? I don't know. I guess they wouldn't be taking her out anywhere at all. Where is this little girl?

Why would they be searching in neighbors homes for two hours when the 11 year old brother seen a man take Cupcake into a truck?
Remember, all the witnesses are children who allegedly did not even know her. The timeline of when she went missing is not exact, between 8 and 8:30. Also, the persons hosting the party said the party was over at 7. I'm not convinced of how long she was missing before she was even missed, or if the poor brother truly saw someone take her.

What kinds of jobs have employees working in the evenings on a Saturday? Road construction, emergency plumbing/electrical - he wasn't in a uniform while on camera that I recall - and if he was there "for work" why did he have his girlfriend with him (if he did) - and I agree with the other poster, why spend 2 hours looking for KM when it was said she was picked up and placed in a vehicle by a man??? JMO
It said he was in the area for work, not that he was at the specific place where this kidnapping supposedly occurred. In my mind “in the area” could easily be a half mile radius. Within just a couple blocks of my house there is a hardware store, a pharmacy, Wendy’s, Jimmy John’s, a gas station, a bar, a liquor store, a nail salon....you get the idea. My first guess would be he’s a delivery driver for a restaurant or one of the food delivery services.

Remember, all the witnesses are children who allegedly did not even know her. The timeline of when she went missing is not exact, between 8 and 8:30. Also, the persons hosting the party said the party was over at 7. I'm not convinced of how long she was missing before she was even missed, or if the poor brother truly saw someone take her.
There was only one witness and it was the 11 year old brother.

Might be a long shot but if they are keeping her alive, wouldn't they need to get her a pair of shoes? Clothing? I don't know. I guess they wouldn't be taking her out anywhere at all. Where is this little girl?
They wouldn’t need clothes or shoes if they’re using her for child *advertiser censored*.

There was only one child witness and he absolutely did know her....clearly very well as it was her own brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member