Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case they got very lucky finding a guy with child *advertiser censored* on his phone and a woman who tried to kidnap before. I'm not saying your wrong or that these 2 have something to do with it at this point but dear god, either serious luck or LE is on to something. IMO

Yeah, that’s a hard thing to get past. It’s one thing if they had honed in on these two because of their past crimes, but that’s not what happened.

The child *advertiser censored* was discovered as a direct result of the kidnapping investigation.

The odds of two people with these types of felonies not being involved, just can’t be good.

Stranger things have happened I guess, but at this point I’ve got to believe they’ve got the right people.

Can anyone verify what time Cupcake was actually found to be missing? I thought it was 8:30pm but the police had made a statement that the AA was delayed by a couple of hours because her family was searching for her on their own and hadn’t reported it. The dad said in his interview that he was notified at 8:50pm and that the police were involved then so it doesn’t seem like the timeline adds up.

Since that interview she hasn't said much and she hasn't been active on SM like Maleah Davis's mom.
It's hard to be interviewed and not be able to hold it together.
I think Cupcake's Grandma is doing a great job as the spokes person for the family. They all are. The important thing is to keep the community focused on finding her, and that's what they are doing. Imo
Yes, it is hard to watch her anguish. I haven't seen the GM but the father is spending a lot of time appealing for help. I find his speech a bit difficult to understand, but he is very restrained in what he says.

She speaks briefly at the beginning of this video.

I have watched the extended non-edited video of Cupcake’s father. Now it’s disappeared.The current version Pommy Mommy links in her post is edited from the original. I took notes and was so sad watching him breakdown over his abducted daughter.

I feel like I am relying on reading tea leaves but my impression from Kamille’s father was her mother April is a very good mother and a hard worker and faithfully went to work everyday. If I swirl my tea cup I am going to guess that Cupcake’s mother April couldn’t afford daycare and depended on her 11 year old son and the cousin who lives at Tom Brown Housing to help care for Kamille. Perhaps paying her cousin a nominal amount for Cupcake’s care? Mr. McKinney Cupcake’s father was emphatic that he personally would be opposed :(to the cousin living at Tom Brown Housing caring for Cupcake.(I will call this post a ’theory’ because I have seen her father only once in the unedited version;IF someone remembers the extended version & a link I would appreciate posting it)

Just My Opinion

Last edited:
Yeah, that’s a hard thing to get past. It’s one thing if they had honed in on these two because of their past crimes, but that’s not what happened.

The child *advertiser censored* was discovered as a direct result of the kidnapping investigation.

The odds of two people with these types of felonies not being involved, just can’t be good.

Stranger things have happened I guess, but at this point I’ve got to believe they’ve got the right people.

It is a hard thing to get past. And it makes me hopeful they have the right people.

And yet, I still feel like something is off. The woman's past 'kidnapping' was a very different scenario than this one is. She had her own children taken by CPS, and went in at gunpoint to get them back. So the motive in that case seems very different than this case. [ Unless of course, we find that the abuse accusations involved sexual abuse, etc.:(]

But if that^^ was the case, I don't think she would be walking around free already. But who knows?

As for the child *advertiser censored*---I'd like more info on that. Could it have been sexy pictures of 16 yr olds, sent to him and he sent them to friends? I am not saying it is that---just saying that I have seen this in other cases, like the Hailey Dunn case---where they charged the mom's boyfriend with child abuse and held him---but it was all eventually dropped. o_O

So I am still not 100% certain these 2 were the kidnappers. JMO

It didn't sound that way from the presser. It sounded like they were speaking to the perps and trying to scare them. But that was just my feeling, no real evidence...:confused:

Last edited:
Yes, it is hard to watch her anguish. I haven't seen the GM but the father is spending a lot of time appealing for help. I find his speech a bit difficult to understand, but he is very restrained in what he says.
Yes, he does seem to have a lot of control over his emotions. When he was asked what he would say to the kidnappers he said, "You really want to know? " but then refrained from saying what I'm sure he'd like to say.

You can see the Grandmother speak in the video with all the preachers and the woman from crimestoppers. There is a lot of "Amen, God!" going on.
They seem to be a very close, spiritual and religious family.

Imo

I have watched the extended non-edited video of Cupcake’s father. Now it’s disappeared.The current version Pommy Mommy links in her post is edited from the original. I took notes and was so sad watching him breakdown over his abducted daughter.

I feel like I am relying on reading tea leaves but my impression from Kamille’s father was her mother April is a very good mother and a hard worker and faithfully went to work everyday. If I swirl my tea cup I am going to guess that Cupcake’s mother April couldn’t afford daycare and depended on her 11 year old son and the cousin who lives at Tom Brown Housing to help care for Kamille. Perhaps paying her cousin a nominal amount for Cupcake’s care? Mr. McKinney Cupcake’s father was emphatic that he personally would be opposed :(to the cousin living at Tom Brown Housing caring for Cupcake.(I will call this post a ’theory’ because I have seen her father only once in the unedited version;IF someone remembers the extended version & a link I would appreciate posting it)

Just My Opinion
It seems Cupcake spent a lot of time in her Grandmother's care, too. She described her as her "right hand." She said she was always with her.

Imo

I'm surprised no reporter has dug into the birthday party, meaning interviewing the person who hosted it or talking to other guests. There's been nothing in msm, not even "so and so declined to be interviewed."

We don't know if the two POIs are connected to anyone from the party or anyone living at Tom Brown Village. Msm hasn't even reported anything more on the attempted luring with candy story that was released early on.

It's hard trying to connect the dots when there's no information on the initial circumstances. And by that I mean official information from LE or msm and not rumors that haven't been verified. MOO.

I'm surprised no reporter has dug into the birthday party, meaning interviewing the person who hosted it or talking to other guests. There's been nothing in msm, not even "so and so declined to be interviewed."

We don't know if the two POIs are connected to anyone from the party or anyone living at Tom Brown Village. Msm hasn't even reported anything more on the attempted luring with candy story that was released early on.

It's hard trying to connect the dots when there's no information on the initial circumstances. And by that I mean official information from LE or msm and not rumors that haven't been verified. MOO.
Maybe because the primary witness is himself a child?

There are several things that seem ' off ' to me, in this case.

IF these two just kidnapped, in front of others, and sexually assaulted a child, and disposed of her or passed her off, why drive your same vehicle back to your home and park it right outside?

Usually, a 3 yr old can be groomed, and abused over a long period of time, without being kidnapped in front of witnesses, etc. I wonder why they decided to go so extreme?

Yes and they probably discussed ahead of time what to say or not say if they were arrested. Standard operating procedure.

Two suspects arrested over missing Alabama toddler Kamille McKinney | Daily Mail Online
19676032-7571769-Police_have_detained_a_man_suspected_of_snatching_the_three_year-a-6_1571068808176.jpg

19675650-7571769-image-a-5_1571068808064.jpg

"On Sunday evening police detained a man (left) suspected of snatching three-year-old Kamil
'She's just a pretty little girl with the prettiest eyes. She ain't the girl that's going to get in the car with just anybody,' he said.

The Amber Alert for Kamille says she is three feet tall and weighs 60 pounds.

At the time she was taken, Kamille was wearing a pink Minnie Mouse T-shirt and had yellow, white and blue bows in her hair.

Birmingham Deputy Chief Scott Praytor said investigators were asking any homes or businesses in the Avondale area near the Tom Brown Village public housing complex to share surveillance camera footage with police.

Praytor said there was no indication the kidnapping is an issue over child custody.

Anyone with information should call the Birmingham Police Department tipline at 205-297-8413 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777"

OCT 16, 2019
Search experts warn social media could hurt kidnapping investigation
Search experts caution you may be slowing down the investigation into Kamille McKinney’s kidnapping through social media.

[...]

“You have to be very careful about the message that gets out - you’re not a detective,” said David White, Assistant Search Director with EquuSearch.

[...]

“This is not something to play with. Leave it alone on Facebook. Give us credible information and work with us to resolve it,” said Smith.

Members of the national missing person search agency EquuSearch say in these cases, police are tracking all information. When they have to search through discussions and chat rooms, it’s wasting time.

[...]

According to White, he’s not sure if the team plan to come to the area to assist in Kamille’s search. He says that’s something that’s coordinated through the family and law enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member