Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another observation about the video - I find it curious that the man in question comes from one direction but does not take the kids with him back that way.

I wish we had a daytime photo of the area for context. Does the walkway he took with the kids lead to the street or a parking lot?

Edited for clarification.

I feel like a Dweeb. I don't know why I thought there was a playground or where I got that from. I know they said children at the party were playing outside- perhaps I did mix up my cases?

Sorry for the wrong info, folks.
You might be confusing it with Dulce's case. Dulce is the one who went missing from the playground.

Another observation about the video - I find it curious that the man in question comes from one direction but does not take the kids with him back that way.

I wish we had a daytime photo of the area for context. Does the walkway he took with the kids go to the street or a parking lot?
Noticed the same thing. If there was a car, wouldn't the guy want to go back to the car? Makes me question if there even was a car involved.

Yeah, that sort of thing happens all the time. Most bodies are never recovered.

I was watching a case on tv the other night where a guy used that method twice, putting victim’s bodies in suitcases and placing them in dumpsters.

Law enforcement was able to recover one victim, but not the other.

Years ago, while reading a study on body disposals, it was said that dumpster were the most effective way of disposing of a body.

Yes, a short clip of KM and another child and 2 men. Pommymommy did a nice time line a few pages back.

Mo
thanks yes. Saw presser live and pommymommy’s timeline. I’m just confused about this article referencing “a few POI’s”. And I had thought the search area was in reference to the suspect frequenting. Didn’t realize it was all POI’s.

Would they be able to see any vehicles?

I think they might have been able to. When I look at the pic posted by sillybilly (see below) if they were walking towards the parking lot in the pic, I believe they could have seen a vehicle.

I also think that if they were playing in that area, they would have been loosely supervised by someone in the surrounding buildings. I say loosely because evidently no-one was watching at that exact moment. But I feel the abductor may have been aware of people possibly seeing, which is why he casually walked off after the children ... no hand holding or picking either of them up to carry either of them away, at that point in time.

Just another view of the area:

View attachment 209747

Last edited:
Years ago, while reading a study on body disposals, it was said that dumpster were the most effective way of disposing of a body.
Yeah, if you don’t find it before it’s picked up, you have very little hope of recovery.

And that’s if law enforcement even knows the body was disposed of that way.

Noticed the same thing. If there was a car, wouldn't the guy want to go back to the car? Makes me question if there even was a car involved.

I have wondered from the beginning if she ever even left the immediate area. I wonder if LE has done as thorough a search of that housing area as they did at the bogus sighting housing area the other day. ETA: LE evacuated and searched each home in the neighborhood where a tip was called a couple days ago. I just wonder if each home in "Tom" neighborhood that she went missing from has been searched as thoroughly?

Last edited:
Birmingham PD asks for help identifying person in kidnapping of Kamille McKinney
press conference by BHAM police which includes the video

In this press conference the B’ham police chief said “ We believe we know who the second suspect is.”
Do you think they have this person in custody? Is it the POI that made bail? Is it someone known to BPD? If they have him in custody would they keep it quiet? Wouldn’t they have cause to hold him for questioning if the video clearly shows the children following him? MOO

Welcome neighbor. Read the rules. No posting social media stuff and make sure most everything is marked “MOO” (my opinion only) when speculating or theorizing. I’m new too but you will find this place full of internet super sleuths. Fascinating place I plan on visiting often even after this case comes to a resolution.
RBBM- I agree, they always seem to amaze me every time & I have been here since 2013!

I feel like a Dweeb. I don't know why I thought there was a playground or where I got that from. I know they said children at the party were playing outside- perhaps I did mix up my cases?

Sorry for the wrong info, folks.
No u r not wrong. There have been articles referring to the area they were playing at as a playground.

On Friday, police released new surveillance video from a nearby home which shows the playground of the housing complex where little Kamille and another young girl were playing the night police said she was taken

Search for abducted 3-year-old Alabama girl enters 'critical hours,' police say

Kamille McKinney abduction: Police release surveillance video from night of disappearance
Birmingham police released the video Friday in the sixth day of the search for Kamille. The video shows two young children playing, one of them believed to be Kamille. One man walks by the children without stopping. A second man, who has a distinctive limp, comes along a short time later and the children leave with him.

At some point, they said, he snatched a barefoot Kamille and put her into a Toyota SUV and drove off.

In this press conference he says at the beginning of showing video (about 13:50 remaining) he says “first there is a 37 minute difference between the time stamp on the video and the actual video of what occurs”
(Weird he says actual video? But also he never says plus or minus here)
Am I missing him say it elsewhere?

I read "plus 37" for the time somewhere. This one says 37 minute lag. Same thing I believe.

Video shows male suspect approach missing Alabama three-year-old Kamille Cupcake McKinney Video shows male suspect approach missing Alabama three-year-old Kamille Cupcake McKinney | Daily Mail Online

So it's not that they have sufficient community volunteers already, it's that they changed their mind and aren't accepting regular civilians/average citizens/community members?

Is that telling?

My impression when they were asking for citizens to volunteer to search 2 days later was that they weren't expecting anything of importance in the search.

Does keeping it to BPD + invite only mean they're looking for a body?

They didn't appeal to anyone to drop Kamille off in a safe location today like all other previous days, did they? If they did, I missed it.

Is that bad?
When they said they were having the dogs search today and then volunteers on Sunday (tomorrow is supposed to rain), that made my heart sink. I felt it then, they're looking for her body.

I wonder if the search dogs picked up her scent today in there, hence why BPD and invite only will be occurring. Strange how fast that changed to wanting volunteers to not needing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor