Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's not that they have sufficient community volunteers already, it's that they changed their mind and aren't accepting regular civilians/average citizens/community members?

Is that telling?

My impression when they were asking for citizens to volunteer to search 2 days later was that they weren't expecting anything of importance in the search.

Does keeping it to BPD + invite only mean they're looking for a body?

They didn't appeal to anyone to drop Kamille off in a safe location today like all other previous days, did they? If they did, I missed it.

Is that bad?

Definitely not good. They don't want citizens to destroy evidence. And a grid search is for evidence and a body.

has anyone heard of the dogs were out today?

“In Jesus’ name.” We speak to you.”
“Let ‘em go.”Let ‘em go.” “Let ‘em go!
“In Jesus’ name.” “We pray.” Amen.

My first time viewing video. I don’t know how anyone. Anyone.~ can hear, see or witness this and not be moved.

Respectful solemn present young children showing grace. Inspired adults ignited with fire to return not only “Cupcake” but all lost children home. I’m truly touched.
Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney abduction: 2 detained after 3-year-old taken from Birmingham birthday party

No u r not wrong. There have been articles referring to the area they were playing at as a playground.

On Friday, police released new surveillance video from a nearby home which shows the playground of the housing complex where little Kamille and another young girl were playing the night police said she was taken

Search for abducted 3-year-old Alabama girl enters 'critical hours,' police say
I don't see any playground in the video. They seem to be playing near the street. There seems to be nothing to suggest a playground.

No u r not wrong. There have been articles referring to the area they were playing at as a playground.

On Friday, police released new surveillance video from a nearby home which shows the playground of the housing complex where little Kamille and another young girl were playing the night police said she was taken

Search for abducted 3-year-old Alabama girl enters 'critical hours,' police say

If you look at aerials there is a playground right by where they were. It's in the thread somewhere. Search sillybilly posts.

A Church is adjacent to the day care.

Also, why are folks getting fixated on the man who the children follow? The police are looking for the FIRST guy.
The police are looking for the first man because he may have information. Are you saying the person who walked away with the children in tow is not the suspect???

I have wondered from the beginning if she ever even left the immediate area. I wonder if LE has done as thorough a search of that housing area as they did at the bogus sighting housing area the other day. ETA: LE evacuated and searched each home in the neighborhood where a tip was called a couple days ago. I just wonder if each home in "Tom" neighborhood that she went missing from has been searched as thoroughly?

Legally, I think that’s a tightrope walk. You can’t just walk into people’s houses.

I know in past cases they’ve done similar things, promising people that they won’t be prosecuted for any illegal activity that is uncovered during a search.

I don’t know how viable that would be here.

I read "plus 37" for the time somewhere. This one says 37 minute lag. Same thing I believe.

Video shows male suspect approach missing Alabama three-year-old Kamille Cupcake McKinney Video shows male suspect approach missing Alabama three-year-old Kamille Cupcake McKinney | Daily Mail Online

I’m sorry I hate to beleaguer the point but I don’t want us to believe incorrect information. IMHO the only and correct of the time is the press conference unless and until the LE correct it. I don’t think we can consider daily mail as accurate.

This is the first case I’ve followed where it looks like an answer might be coming. I followed Natalee H and currently DMA and neither have been resolved. This is gut wrenching. I really don’t know how all of you who follow many cases can do it. Little Cupcake really is ALL of ours just as the neighbor said. This is so hard. Her poor family. :(

I won't lie- I've taken a few breaks over the years from here. All missing people cases are hard, but the children......way too hard to deal with sometimes.

Cupcake is all of ours, just like the rest of the missing children. We may not be related by blood, or acquainted with that child offline, but as soon as that alert goes out and you see that child's photo- they become a part of you (all of us, I should say). Hope that makes sense.

Birmingham PD asks for help identifying person in kidnapping of Kamille McKinney
press conference by BHAM police which includes the video

In this press conference the B’ham police chief said “ We believe we know who the second suspect is.”
Do you think they have this person in custody? Is it the POI that made bail? Is it someone known to BPD? If they have him in custody would they keep it quiet? Wouldn’t they have cause to hold him for questioning if the video clearly shows the children following him? MOO
Thank you for posting this. It confirms that the second person is the suspect and the first is possibly a witness.

So, IMO, they are looking for both men or know who took her but are seeking information from the first man who might have seen something.

Legally, I think that’s a tightrope walk. You can’t just walk into people’s houses.

I know in past cases they’ve done similar things, promising people that they won’t be prosecuted for any illegal activity that is uncovered during a search.

I don’t know how viable that would be here.

And I get that, really I do. That could be why LE was adamant about asking for anyone with any info/cell phone video to come forward because that would make it "easier" for them to initiate a search similar to that in the "bogus sighting" area. It's just a shame....but I get it, legally.

Different perspective from google earth showing the probable location of the camera and parties.

Based on these video footage locations, the suspect could easily have taken her to a vehicle parked on the street next to the front yard of the complex without being out in the open, by following a path to the right that goes under some trees before hitting the street.

Attachments

• FB2DBCCF-7566-451D-A920-BA6CAE84131A.jpeg
    FB2DBCCF-7566-451D-A920-BA6CAE84131A.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics