Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My son is retired LE and when I told him about the case his first reaction was family or someone close to family.
I disagreed with him, but he called the Jayme Closs case. So, sometimes statistics are right. If it is family, I just pray she is returned safe and sound. I pray for this!

Where was the other little girls parent? Why wasn’t she picked up right after the party?

And, why is LE just releasing the news and CCTV so many days after the abduction? This I cannot understand.

Did LE get so caught up with “catching the suspects” that they had tunnel vision and weren’t seriously looking for suspects?

In reading the latest news, it sounds like this investigation has been a real mess! Screw up would be a better word, but it’s not lady like.

Well at first I thought (hoped) it was a retribution situation, directed at Dad for some reason. If it was, then she might possibly still be alive. But, on seeing that video it looks more like an opportunistic pedo abduction, and if so then I think she was killed soon after she was taken, or will soon be.

How many people are directly involved here in the abduction?

A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4 +

I don’t think it can be A because driving and keeping control of a 3 yr old - probably w/out a car seat - doesn’t seem feasible. I’d pick B the night of the abduction but, for the whole scheme - including possibly moving her from one location to another - think it’s D.

I also don’t think this has anything to do with child *advertiser censored*, human trafficking or just your regular everyday pervert. I think it’s much closer to home and that’s mostly based on some of the videos/interviews I’ve seen of the father. He seemed high as a kite in a couple of them. He just sounded like he knew who had her and why. I’ll try to find the video that really made me focus on dad. This is all just my opinion. I’m probably not even close to being right. Just can’t shake this feeling. MOO

My son is retired LE and when I told him about the case his first reaction was family or someone close to family.
I disagreed with him, but he called the Jayme Closs case. So, sometimes statistics are right. If it is family, I just pray she is returned safe and sound. I pray for this!
I don't think the suspect or suspects have any connection to the family. At least not the ones (family members) we know of so far. Imo

Do we have still images of both persons here yet? Sorry if I missed it, still catching up.

I’d like to see still side by sides of both of them in the same spot. This would help us to compare and assess possible differences between these two such as height, attire, etc.

Last edited:
Ok. This is what I think is going on:

The female who was arrested and i believe is still in jail, Derek Brown aka Quentesa Jackson - is Cupcake's biological mom!

Note that:

1. She lost her kids due to allegations of abuse (by someone, I don't know those details) in 2018. She had 3 kids - twins and a then 2 year old daughter.

2. She went and took them back from a relative, who was acting as guardian, at gunpoint. Took them to a motel where a sheriff's dept found them, she fled w/ the kids via automobile and crashed and was arrested. Nobody seriously injured.

3. Part of her probation or parole stipulations was a no contact order (meaning no contact with her kids, wherever they ended up, nor with whoever they ended up staying with, obviously).

4. She was arrested and they were able to keep her via NEW charges of violating said no contact order.

So this means that she was making another attempt to get at least her youngest child back, which violated the no contact order.

What happened after they took Cupcake and before the two were arrested I couldn't tell you.

Ok, so so far I haven’t heard anyone say they think there is a white woman.

The report of the white woman came out early when the vehicle images on the road were first released, before the arrest of PS and QJ.

Since then, I don’t recall any further reference to the white woman. Please correct me if I’m wrong, I know you will. :)

(Lol, to the poster above. We both started our posts with “ok”. That means we’re really trying to think here.)

Last edited:
I don’t think it can be A because driving and keeping control of a 3 yr old - probably w/out a car seat - doesn’t seem feasible. I’d pick B the night of the abduction but, for the whole scheme - including possibly moving her from one location to another - think it’s D.

I also don’t think this has anything to do with child *advertiser censored*, human trafficking or just your regular everyday pervert. I think it’s much closer to home and that’s mostly based on some of the videos/interviews I’ve seen of the father. He seemed high as a kite in a couple of them. He just sounded like he knew who had her and why. I’ll try to find the video that really made me focus on dad. This is all just my opinion. I’m probably not even close to being right. Just can’t shake this feeling. MOO
Yes, I have seen the video where he is in a car, smoking something. The gist of it is that he thinks this is personal, directed at him, not a random abduction.

Where was the other little girls parent? Why wasn’t she picked up right after the party?

And, why is LE just releasing the news and CCTV so many days after the abduction? This I cannot understand.

Did LE get so caught up with “catching the suspects” that they had tunnel vision and weren’t seriously looking for suspects?

In reading the latest news, it sounds like this investigation has been a real mess! Screw up would be a better word, but it’s not lady like.
We don't know if the other child was picked up by a parent or if she lived there. I'm assuming she lived there. I don't think it's relevant to the investigation.

I thought the investigation has been moving pretty fast, considering how many people were reluctant to come forward at first and how many rumors were circulating around on SM. That always makes their job a lot harder.

I thought we didn't know when they obtained the surveillance video. Did they say they had it from the beginning? If they thought it would help to show it immediately I would think they would. Maybe there is a reason they didn't.
Or maybe they didn't get it until now.
It's only been six days.
Maybe in another month if we still don't have an arrest or any new information I'll start to wonder. But it's a little early now. After all, we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. The FBI is assisting with the investigation. How many people do they have in all? Imo

Ok. This is what I think is going on:

The female who was arrested and i believe is still in jail, Derek Brown aka Quentesa Jackson - is Cupcake's biological mom!

Note that:

1. She lost her kids due to allegations of abuse (by someone, I don't know those details) in 2018. She had 3 kids - twins and a then 2 year old daughter.

2. She went and took them back from a relative, who was acting as guardian, at gunpoint. Took them to a motel where a sheriff's dept found them, she fled w/ the kids via automobile and crashed and was arrested. Nobody seriously injured.

3. Part of her probation or parole stipulations was a no contact order (meaning no contact with her kids, wherever they ended up, nor with whoever they ended up staying with, obviously).

4. She was arrested and they were able to keep her via NEW charges of violating said no contact order.

So this means that she was making another attempt to get at least her youngest child back, which violated the no contact order.

What happened after they took Cupcake and before the two were arrested I couldn't tell you.

Welcome Akstuddard.

But LE said there is no known connection between the family and PS/QJ. They also said this is not a custodial issue.

Yes, there is always much that LE knows but they don't want to reveal. They don't want to jeopardize the investigation in any way. Sometimes they don't want the suspect to know what they know. Sometimes they don't want the public to know what only the suspect knows.

Maybe they really don't know if it was planned in advance yet, but the evidence they have so far seems to point to it not being planned. They won't be able to determine a motive until they have the suspect and they find the child, along with all the evidence.

There are so many pieces of the puzzle to put together. Maybe they are basing their opinion on what they see in the video and from information they have discovered in interviews.

It's always amazing in the end how much work was going on behind the scenes that we didn't realize.
Everything will make sense to us eventually, and most of all we hope there is a happy ending. It's always so disappointing when it ends badly.

Imo

I hope you’re right but the fumbling and bumbling at these press conferences, that massive and unproductive show of force, community search grid (HUH?) and releasing a completely ridiculous video without properly editing it, among other things, makes me feel like the local PD is more Charlie Foxtrot than Colombo. MOO.

I don't think the suspect or suspects have any connection to the family. At least not the ones (family members) we know of so far. Imo

I think it’s very possible that a family connection is the cause, maybe not a member being the perp but some sort of round about involvement even if it’s something like a family member knowing the perp.

I’m still drawn to this genius quote when thinking how they unravel this mystery:

Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.
Sir Isaac Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member