Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@FlossyMay

2 people questioned in Birmingham 3-year-old’s abduction facing unrelated charges
In court documents filed Tuesday, Deputy District Attorney Shawn Allen said Brown violated her probation.

“The State has learned that during the course of being questioned on an unrelated matter, the Defendant admitted to the Birmingham Police Department that she made efforts to contact victims and/or witness in the case in violation of the conditions of the Defendant’s bond,” Allen stated.

Holy Canoli! What you have bolded gave me chills. :eek: MOO

ETA: Have you confirmed that he is still wanted? Just noticed that this article is dated Sept 13. ?
@PommyMommy, Good news to report! He was apprehended so is off the table for this particular case!

U.S. Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted, Alleged Child Rapist Captured in Mexico, Returned to the U.S.

Quotes from press release:
For Immediate Release

October 03, 2019

Washington, DC
– An alleged child rapist and one of the U.S. Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted fugitives is now behind bars after more than 10 years on the run.

Corey Deshawn Gaston, 41, was arrested near Guadalajara, Mexico, Tuesday after U.S. Marshals developed information regarding his possible location and provided that information to Mexican authorities, who took him into custody.

Gaston is wanted by the Detroit Police Department for numerous offenses to include first- and second-degree criminal sexual conduct against a child under 13, kidnapping, home invasion and child enticement.

“It brings great satisfaction when we make an arrest like this,” said U.S. Marshals Service Director Donald Washington. “Corey Gaston’s alleged horrific crimes earned him a spot on our 15 Most Wanted list. From that point forward, he was put on notice that we would never stop looking for him. We made good on that promise. Gaston will now finally face justice. I am very proud of the men and women of the USMS who relentlessly pursue the likes of Corey Gaston.”

On June 27, 2007, Gaston allegedly crawled through a bedroom window of a Detroit home and kidnapped a 10-year-old girl. He then took the child to a nearby alley and sexually assaulted her, threatening to hurt her if she screamed before instructing her to return to her home. Authorities found Gaston’s phone and DNA, unknown at the time to belong to the suspect, at the scene of the crime. Within days of the attack, a warrant was issued for Gaston’s arrest, but his whereabouts were unknown. In July 2007, U.S. Marshals tracked Gaston down in Georgia, and returned him to Michigan. Gaston was granted bond in August 2007 pending his February 2008 trial date. During this time, investigators were able to positively match the DNA found at the crime scene to a DNA sample given by Gaston. When the trial date arrived, Gaston was a no-show and once again became a fugitive. He was added to the U.S. Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted in December 2011.

“Corey Gaston is every parent’s worst nightmare,” said Acting U.S. Marshal Mark Jankowski of the Eastern District of Michigan. “While he was on the run for more than 10 years, the Marshals considered it borrowed time, because we never stopped looking for him. I hope his arrest brings some sense of closure to the victim and her family who had to endure years of him eluding justice.”

The fugitive investigation for Gaston gained momentum when U.S. Marshals followed up on a lead in connection with the fugitive’s possible whereabouts. Marshals’ investigators were then able to work with Mexican authorities, who located and arrested him Tuesday.

Gaston is currently being held in a detention facility in Chicago awaiting extradition back to Michigan where he still has a pending trial.

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at http://www.usmarshals.gov

@PommyMommy, Good news to report! He was apprehended so is off the table for this particular case!

U.S. Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted, Alleged Child Rapist Captured in Mexico, Returned to the U.S.

Quotes from press release:
For Immediate Release

October 03, 2019

Washington, DC
– An alleged child rapist and one of the U.S. Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted fugitives is now behind bars after more than 10 years on the run.

Corey Deshawn Gaston, 41, was arrested near Guadalajara, Mexico, Tuesday after U.S. Marshals developed information regarding his possible location and provided that information to Mexican authorities, who took him into custody.

Gaston is wanted by the Detroit Police Department for numerous offenses to include first- and second-degree criminal sexual conduct against a child under 13, kidnapping, home invasion and child enticement.

“It brings great satisfaction when we make an arrest like this,” said U.S. Marshals Service Director Donald Washington. “Corey Gaston’s alleged horrific crimes earned him a spot on our 15 Most Wanted list. From that point forward, he was put on notice that we would never stop looking for him. We made good on that promise. Gaston will now finally face justice. I am very proud of the men and women of the USMS who relentlessly pursue the likes of Corey Gaston.”

On June 27, 2007, Gaston allegedly crawled through a bedroom window of a Detroit home and kidnapped a 10-year-old girl. He then took the child to a nearby alley and sexually assaulted her, threatening to hurt her if she screamed before instructing her to return to her home. Authorities found Gaston’s phone and DNA, unknown at the time to belong to the suspect, at the scene of the crime. Within days of the attack, a warrant was issued for Gaston’s arrest, but his whereabouts were unknown. In July 2007, U.S. Marshals tracked Gaston down in Georgia, and returned him to Michigan. Gaston was granted bond in August 2007 pending his February 2008 trial date. During this time, investigators were able to positively match the DNA found at the crime scene to a DNA sample given by Gaston. When the trial date arrived, Gaston was a no-show and once again became a fugitive. He was added to the U.S. Marshals’ 15 Most Wanted in December 2011.

“Corey Gaston is every parent’s worst nightmare,” said Acting U.S. Marshal Mark Jankowski of the Eastern District of Michigan. “While he was on the run for more than 10 years, the Marshals considered it borrowed time, because we never stopped looking for him. I hope his arrest brings some sense of closure to the victim and her family who had to endure years of him eluding justice.”

The fugitive investigation for Gaston gained momentum when U.S. Marshals followed up on a lead in connection with the fugitive’s possible whereabouts. Marshals’ investigators were then able to work with Mexican authorities, who located and arrested him Tuesday.

Gaston is currently being held in a detention facility in Chicago awaiting extradition back to Michigan where he still has a pending trial.

Additional information about the U.S. Marshals Service can be found at http://www.usmarshals.gov
Very good news! Thank you for finding that. Scary that he was on the run for 10 years, though. o_O MOO

Is her being arrested because she happened to be with the wrong person enough to violate a probation? Asking because I honestly don’t know.
It sounded like she was trying to threaten witnesses in her kidnapping case and so was trying to interfere with the situation which will get you charged and tossed in jail.

He was interesting because his gait was described as being distinctive and I thought that one of the POI in the video shown by the Chief had a distinctive gait or was about to lose his pants...it was hard to tell!
Very good news! Thank you for finding that. Scary that he was on the run for 10 years, though. o_O MOO

Has it been confirmed that the other small child seen with "Cupcake" picking up something on the ground lives nearby? I know she hasn't been named of course but I certainly hope the perp didn't use a little girl who came with them to help snag "Cupcake".
She was identified as a 'cousin' but no name given and LE said they had spoken with the other childs mother.

This seems like a professional job. First one walked as lookout and the second one must have known exactly what to say to get them to follow. I hate they weren't being watched closely but that's exactly what these people are looking for. I am very glad this is getting coverage for multiple reasons, to find the child, and to show parents and caretakers how these people work. You don't have to be looking away for very long.

I agree, I'm not too sure of how much faith to put into that it was an "impromptu abduction" either. It might have been spur of the moment in that little cupcake was an opportunity for whoever took her, but it seems to me that this was planned by possibly multiple people. If POI #1 is PS and POI #2 is DIB and there's a POI #3 (first person in sureveillance video) then that's at least 3 people possibly involved in this... what's going on and what has become of Cupcake?!?

Also agree that if there's anything good to come out of this (hopefully Cupcake alive and unharmed) it's to remind parents to please be vigilant on where your little ones are at all times

Thank you.

I understand.

I could list way more precious children who were abducted, and murdered by vile evil stranger predators who have raped, and murdered so many.

Thanks again for your reply.

Imo, I think Cupcake has also been abducted by another evil stranger predator.

We have seen many cases of children being kidnapped right on a busy street in broad daylight, and no one saw or heard a thing.

It painfully shows how these strangers dont need, but a few second to kidnap precious children. :(

Jmho
Thank you for your wonderful posts on this subject. Two girls who were missing back in the 80's that the suspects have never been found were stranger abductions:

Sara Pryor- only her hyoid bone was found, some 30 years later- nothing else :(
Tammy Belanger- to this day, not a trace of Tammy has been found. The man who they believed was involved her in kidnapping wasn't originally from around here and definitely was a stranger to Tammy. I am still haunted by Tammy's disappearance and no trace of her has been found..
Jesus De La Cruz- in the year of 1996, young boy walking with friends, just disappeared without a trace. Jesus haunts me as well. Not a trace of him has been found.

Poor Sarah just out for a nice afternoon walk.
Poor Tammy walking to school.
Poor Jesus out walking with friends.

Vanished. Poor Sarah's family had only her hyoid bone to bury her and have a service for her.

Tammy and Jesus' families have nothing.

If that's the case then maybe that was her excuse for being in the area. I can't imagine why else she would volunteer that info.
Suspects have this bizarre tendency to confess to lesser crimes. Usually those crimes are directly related to the case they are being investigated for though.

That could have happened here.

Another possibility is law enforcement found evidence that she had made contact with people she wasn’t supposed to, and when presented with this evidence she confessed.

I forgot to ask in my last reply. Why would they put a jumpsuit over an anti suicide smock? The whole point of the smock is to keep them away from other clothing they could hang themselves with or set on fire. JMO
More to the point why would they put her in an anti suicide smock? Was she suicidal? Is it SOP?

Exactly it’s frightening. As I said I defo should have worded that better, I really meant the cases I have followed not every case on here that would just be silly. Lol.

Lol! I totally understand that as well, and I'm sure guilty of following a LOT of cases right here, and elsewhere when researching facts about any particular type of murderer and/or abductor.

I don't know if it's a gift or a curse because hundreds of cases are always emblazoned in my memory bank forever.

What also infuriates me to no end now is how often we are seeing a willing female participant nowadays.

They are there to help lure the naive child/children because pedophile predators know all too well children, both little boys, and girls... feel even more comfortable leaving if females are there too. They've become the willing facilitators, and also are sexually assaulting little victims. Uuugghhh!

Beyond being a true crime blogger since the early 90s via the internet, I'm also a true crime watching junkie, so I watch those channels every day.

Tag team male, and female violent offenders have become so common place now there are entire series devoted to these evil coconspirators who lure victims, both children, and adults to be horribly raped, tortured, and murdered by both of them.

There seems to be so much evil in our world now. We are in a drastic moral decline. Imo, that is why we are now number one worldwide when it comes to human sex trafficking. How in the hell did that happen???

What a dangerous place we have become for all children to try to survive in.

Imo, because kiddie *advertiser censored* is a mega billion dollar business each year now, I'm so afraid more very young girls, and very young boys will be targeted, and kidnapped even more now. Sigh.

Jmho

Last edited:
Hope I did this correctly. I circled an area that is in a parking lot across 41st Pl. N, that IMO, looks similar to the shape of the grassy area in one of the photos released of the Sequoia.

Attachments

• parking round grass.png
    parking round grass.png
    903.1 KB · Views: 94
  • toyota.png
    toyota.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 79
Suspects have this bizarre tendency to confess to lesser crimes. Usually those crimes are directly related to the case they are being investigated for though.

That could have happened here.

Another possibility is law enforcement found evidence that she had made contact with people she wasn’t supposed to, and when presented with this evidence she confessed.

They possibly found evidence on her phone when they searched her?

Its encouraging the way the Birmingham community is pulling together to find CC - this church raised $3,000 which was given to Crimestoppers for the reward:

Quotes from the article:

“Everyday I wake up, I’m looking at the news. I’m looking at social media. Just driving around Birmingham, I’m like, ‘I wonder where Cupcake is. You think she’s here?'” said Mauricia. "We are just concerned about her and her well being.

"It's bigger than Birmingham. No family is exempt. It can happen to anybody at anytime. That's why we all feel the same thing about it," added Green.

According to a church spokesperson, the effort raised $3,000. Pastor Green said all of the money raised by sales and donations would go to CrimeStoppers to be added to the reward, which as of Sunday night was at least $25,000.

“We just want her to be brought back to her family. She has been in our prayers from day one,” said Chris Neely.

‘Cupcakes for Cupcake’: Church helps raise thousands of dollars to aid in search of Kamille McKinney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018