Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry that sounded so insensitive of me! I mean I hope for progress, anything, just to feel like we're getting somewhere. I'm still hopeful for a positive outcome, but my hope is dwindling with every Passing day with no news MOO

I knew what you meant :) That would indeed be progress.

I sorry fellow poster but there was a time I thought Emory Anthony might be a good alternative for the powers that be. He missed his opportunity though. Once he started bottom feeding on wretched criminals he lost all my respect. I understand the most vile basturds deserve some kind of defense but I would have felt bette off if they omitted the suicide hard. Let her rot!
Has this attorney ever represented criminals accused of violent crimes or murder? What kind of cases has he had?

Drc40, I know what you mean. I have stood in the exact spot where Jessica Ridgeway was abducted on her way to school. It was broad daylight, all the houses are VERY close together, there would have been people out driving heading to work, school, riding their bikes, walking to school, etc., yet nobody saw anything. It was unfathomable to me how she was abducted there in that exact spot and nobody saw a thing. That has always stuck with me as far as studying future cases: All it takes is a second, and it can happen anywhere even in a public place in broad daylight and people still might not see or notice anything.

Hi there my friend!

I remember vividly how you were deeply involved in Jessica's case.

Talk about the depraved brutality done by a stranger to a defenseless child, her case is a perfect example of diabolical evil, among so many more little victims.

Sometimes I think some would rather believe stranger abductions, rapes, and brutal murders of young children are extremely rare. Perhaps it makes them feel their own children are safer.

Yet, all of the parents who have had their own little children become victims of stranger pedophile murderers thought the very same thing before it happened to them!!!

Until all missing children or young minors are found, and all of those cases solved, we truly really have no idea how many suspects are strangers. The same goes for all unsolved cases involving adult missing, and never located victims.

BUT we do know cases involving offenders who are strangers with no familiar linkage whatsoever to the victims are the very hardest cases of all to ever solve.

Jmho

Thanks everyone for keeping us all updated.

I wish I could think of something new that maybe could help, but lately all I bring to this case is a terrible feeling of sadness.

With all the WS cases here, I am sure others have found out that certain cases really hit us hard and this particular one has made me terribly sad and feeling so hopeless.
Im sure others have been saddened by this case as well.

Its so horrific to think how fast that child was lured away. I keep hoping that she can be found alive and not hurt in any way. Im going to hang onto that hope for as long as we have to.

These cases can be so grim, which this one is right now. Sometimes we get surprised and a happy ending may still happen. Keeping the hope and faith that she will be found unharmed and ok.

ETA - I have done a complete 180 on my views about how some parents seem over protective. Im all for it now after hearing about these sorts of cases. I recently saw a mother at the State fair using one of those child leashes and I didnt even blink an eye. Do whatever you have to do to keep your children safe.

This case also brings to mind something I saw on Dateline about Stranger Danger. It was luckily just a training exercise using a fake Ice Cream Truck and a fake driver that was in on the plan to see what happens right after teaching kids what to do and what not to do when confronted by a stranger. But throw in sweet ice cream treats, a friendly ice cream truck driver, and him saying all the right things to sway a young child, and pretty much all bets are off for a lot of kids. It was shocking and eye opening about the realities of what happens when trying to teach young children safety tips.

What I came away with is no matter how much we teach young children about stranger danger, guess what. They still are just young children and we cannot expect them to behave like adults when confronted by strangers. We can prepare them till we are blue in the face but sometimes they will behave just like children. Which is why this case and others like it are so sad. The perps prey on the children's weaknesses. Whether it be candy or ice cream or a stuffed animal used as a lure or just a convincing perp that is up to no good. Kids are kids and they can and will make mistakes. Which is why it is so vitally important that us adults do whatever we have to do to keep them safe while they are still children.

https://www.today.com/parents/would-your-kid-pass-ice-cream-truck-test-teach-stranger-717252
^^This

If it turned out that a family member was involved that would be the only good scenario I can think of. But usually that's a result of custody issues or similar disputes and I would think LE would have found evidence of that by now.

LE seems to have found very little in terms of evidence. They have two suspects that are either not talking or they have nothing to do with the crime. They have a POI that they can't find and they believe others are involved but we don't know why.
The chief says he believes "in his heart" that Cupcake is alive, but that is not saying much.

I really don't know what to think at this point. All I know is it does not look good.

Imo

I hear ya.

IMO the bottom line here is that LE has said that by all indications so far, they suspect that this is a random abduction. We have two POIs that we need to be sleuthing the heck out of. LE has clearly said there is no relation to the family that they know of. Here at WS we are supposed to proceed in a direction that is in accordance with the information and direction that we get from LE.

Again, let’s look at our stats, the rarity of this crime. Her age, and imo most importantly, the fact that there could be other persons involved.

What does this tell us, “other persons involved”. This to me indicates some sort of “conspiracy”.

Let’s talk about motives here. What on earth motive do we have for a potential conspiracy of individuals to abduct a random three year old child. Also what type of “capabilities” would such persons possess? Well, with the POIs at the moment, we’ve got clear evidence of exploitation (CP) and violence (DV). Not to mention kidnapping.

Again, of course family is 101 in any investigation.

But what is LE telling us?

Often the involvement of “other individuals” involves “Felony Accessory After the Fact”. But I get the impression (and I could be wrong) that this reference to others is not in relation to that charge.

Last edited:
Has this attorney ever represented criminals accused of violent crimes or murder? What kind of cases has he had?

I looked him up a few days ago, Emory Anthony has been a criminal defense attorney, a former educator, a prosecutor and a judge.
This might not answer your question completely, but it might.

His words:

What do think is behind the homicides?

I think it’s all gun-related. You have a number of young people who are trying to buy guns or sell drugs to get money. You go in to buy a gun for $200 or $300. When you get there, you get robbed and someone ends up getting killed. Or, you go to sell drugs and someone ends up getting killed. It’s an issue where guns and drugs are getting together.
Local lawyers give first-hand accounts why they see violence escalating in Birmingham

Last edited:
I hear ya.

IMO the bottom line here is that LE has said that by all indications so far, they suspect that this is a random abduction. We have two POIS that we need to be sleuthing the heck out of. LE has clearly said there is no relation to the family that they know of. Here at WS we are supposed to be proceed in a direction that is in accordance with the information and direction that we get from LE.

Again, let’s look at our stats, the rarity of this crime. Her age, and most importantly imo the fact that there could be other persons involved.

What does this tell us, “other persons involved”. This to me indicates some sort of “conspiracy”, which again is a word I said I did not want to hear as related to this case.

Let’s talk about motives here. What on earth motive do we have for a potential conspiracy of individuals to abduct a random three year old child. Also what type of “capabilities” would such persons possess? Well, with the POIs at the moment, we’ve got clear evidence of exploitation (CP) and violence (DV). Not to mention kidnapping.

Again, of course family is 101 in any investigation.

But what is LE telling us?

Often the involvement of “other individuals” involves “Felony Accessory After the Fact”. But I get the impression (and I could be wrong) that this reference to others is not in relation to that charge.

One thing that I cannot ignore is that PS was able to come up with $50,000 cash bond quite quickly. Does the ability to do this have some bearing on what has happened to KM? What is his job?? I mean, the 'job' that gives him this kind of ability??

imo

I also want to add to this statement ^^^ that, to me, $500,000 bail seems like a big bail amount. Very big for finding several illegal photos on his phone and some evidence of intent to distribute.

Were they doing their darndest to hold onto PS? But someone cash bonded him out.

RSBM

Thank you so much for these stats.

For 5 years, here in Australia, we have had a little 3 year old boy missing. Taken from his country grandmother's yard.
We get stats thrown about all the time how only 3% of abductions are stranger abductions, but it seems (from your post) that if we throw abduction-murder into the mix the stats change hugely.

I've followed his case for sometime now, and your country wanting him to be found so badly.

I pray he is found, and harsh justice is served for the evil one who kidnapped him from his dear loving grandmother. Her pain,and suffering has to be neverending. :(

Jmho

We don’t know exactly how many people were at the party or other events referenced by the Chief. But what if someone there saw Cupcake and let someone else know? Then it could be retaliation even though she didn’t live there right? And then couldn’t that kidnapping be resolved between parties? I just want her to be ok. It’s been so long. :(
That's why I think it is an act of retaliation. Someone knew Cupcake was going to be there. 3-yr-old children are supposed to be supervised while outdoors.

JMO

OCT 21, 2019
Crime Stoppers receiving hundreds of tips on Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney case
[...]

“Since Saturday of last week, we’re approaching 400 tips,” Sgt. John Pennington of Crime Stoppers said.

McKinney’s case is far outside the norm in terms of the number of tips the group usually receives, which is usually between 50 and 60 a week. ... Pennington, who has worked with Crime Stoppers for five years, said the group is very thankful for all the information they have received so far, but what they need more of are firsthand accounts with specific details as opposed to rumors.

“An address, a tag number, anything that’s tangibly specific that can be followed up on by investigators is very helpful and that’s the kind of information that can be of value that we can forward on to investigators in the command center,” Williams said.

[...]

Pennington said every tip Crime Stoppers receives is reviewed and that, historically, these tips have made a significant difference in cases.

“Offhand, I can probably think of several dozen cases where information that came to us and was passed along to detectives helped further their investigation to the point of arresting somebody,” he said.

[...]

One thing that I cannot ignore is that PS was able to come up with $50,000 cash bond quite quickly. Does the ability to do this have some bearing on what has happened to KM? What is his job?? I mean, the 'job' that gives him this kind of ability??
imo
He could’ve had a family member or friend put up property, right? I’m very curious as to what his job is though.

Just looking at your map pic, and thinking that the reason the 2nd child was not taken may be because she didn't go all the way to the vehicle.

As the 2nd child lived there, she may have known her limitations. That is, she may have been told "don't you ever go back there out of my sight". If from her home apartment her mum could see the grassed area where they were playing, she may have been allowed to play there ... usually/sometimes.

The 2nd child may have stopped and thought "I am not allowed around there" - around the back of the apartments where the car park is. Little KM may not have done that, not having that limitation drilled into her head over time.

Your map pic again:
View attachment 210341

picturing that makes me wanna cry :(

Normally, if this was a single perp, I’d be all over the potential disposal areas, approaching it as a classic pedophile random; however with the 2+ possible perps, I can not apply standard geographic profiling techniques when the motive and nature of the crime are not known.

There are a couple of approaches perhaps:

A) Proceed with these two collectively as one when considering geographic profiling variables as related to potential victim disposal, in the manner of this being a classic random pedophile abduction.

B) Approach this differently with the consideration being made of her possibly being handed off, which is even more of a needle in a haystack.

If I were to approach this as “B”, then I would look for “potential areas of concentration” where sexual trafficking takes place. This is tricky though because the ages of the victims, as these trafficking victims are usually age 15 and above. But the important thing there is that there would be a concentration of types who might be likely to participate in such atrocities.

Therefore I have isolated some areas of interest based on locations where one would find a concentration of potentially similar offenders and offenses.

I will add these based on research of trafficking reports in the area.

The next thing is that despite an examination of the above and “to be mentioned” potential areas of concentration, we must remember that this could possibly be something that happens in an isolated location, strictly via the internet.

Last edited:
He could’ve had a family member or friend put up property, right? I’m very curious as to what his job is though.

My understanding is that if a person is going to pay 10% cash they can be bonded out.

Putting up property for collateral is only for covering the entire bail amount IIRC - which in this case is $500,000. And we know $50,000 was enough to get him out, so my presumption is that was in cash.

If it turned out that a family member was involved that would be the only good scenario I can think of. But usually that's a result of custody issues or similar disputes and I would think LE would have found evidence of that by now.

LE seems to have found very little in terms of evidence. They have two suspects that are either not talking or they have nothing to do with the crime. They have a POI that they can't find and they believe others are involved but we don't know why.
The chief says he believes "in his heart" that Cupcake is alive, but that is not saying much.

I really don't know what to think at this point. All I know is it does not look good.

Imo

You are right Betsy. All LE says the very same thing at this stage.

I feel like you, and others. I have such a sadness in my heart. A foreboding feeling I've had so many times before that it's all going to end badly for beautiful Cupcake, and her loved ones as well. :(

I will try my very best to hold onto hope until all hope is gone, but admittedly it's hard to do.

I can only pray she is found.

Jmho

I feel like they are going to confirm some sort of DNA or other evidence relating to CC, either in the vehicle or at the residence. Moo. I will be surprised if we don’t see further charges filed this week, moo.
I'm just worried that she's no longer alive.

It's been nine days now. Some have mentioned the possibility of it being a revenge situation towards one or both of the parents. Even if that was the case, no one is going to keep a little one for that length of time alive. They need to be fed, clothed, as a lot of us know, kids need nurturing and love. If she was alive, she would be crying for her Mommy and Daddy and grandmother. Kids get cranky and tired. They get ear infections, etc. You all get my drift. No one is going to want to take care of a child for this length of time, out of revenge.

If it's a sick pervert that took her- unless she was sold for sex trafficking, the chances of that pervert keeping her alive- see above.

Praying she's found alive, but if she's not, I hope that she is found soon and answers come as to who is responsible, either way. This just makes me angry and sick.

My understanding is that if a person is going to pay 10% cash they can be bonded out.

Putting up property for collateral is only for covering the entire bail amount IIRC - which in this case is $500,000. And we know $50,000 was enough to get him out, so my presumption is that was in cash.
Alabama allows property bonds. Vehicles, houses or lands. An appraiser values the collateral and court puts a lien on the property until the trial is complete.

Just read your full post. Yes, it would be for 500,000.... seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025