Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I meant to get back to that and forgot to look at the map. Noting it is about 0.6 of a mile to drive to the tracks from Tom Brown Apts: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33.5370778,-86.7767791/Tom+Brown+Village,+4165+5th+Ct+N,+Birmingham,+AL+35222/@33.534894,-86.7793994,1339m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x88891b8e78979deb:0x406c741e60f65bb7!2m2!1d-86.7755513!2d33.5302243!3e0 ‬‏‏

That large industrial area all around the tracks is interesting. I wonder if there are cameras in that area and if any grid searches of that area have been done.

I also wanted to note that the two early reporter live videos on the scene did not mention anything about a woman. They both reported that a man was seen getting out of the vehicle and grabbing KM. When did the description change to a man and a woman and why? My thinking is that IF this was a lone male perp he would grab the child, take her to the nearest isolated area, do what he wanted and dispose of her quickly. Sorry to be so crude but that is what the statistics say happens in most stranger abduction/murders. :(

We should be identifying places close to Tom Brown Village that are isolated/desolate after 8 PM at night. Are the Steel and Metal plants around the railroad tracks open at night or would they have been closed for the day? Railroad tracks often have little access roads or places where a vehicle can pull parallel to the tracks and park mostly unseen by other traffic. In the SC kidnapping last year HT's abductor was parked next to the railroad tracks. She was rescued when a railroad crew saw her with the suspect asleep in the car.

MOO.

Hi G, I’m on the same train of thought today about possible single perp (post upstream).

I have been concerned that he might have been caught up in a shouting match about 'why wasn't he watching her'. Too many people expect so much of their children. That they can be adults in a horrible scenario such as this. When really they are just helpless, and still children.
He was the one who paid enough attention to be able to say what he saw happen, and thank goodness for that.
LBM

That really is disgusting. :mad:

Poor boy !

LBM

That really is disgusting. :mad:

Poor boy !

That is not to say what happened, of course. Just my concern that it may have been.
He might have been extremely distressed that he could do nothing about it, and thankfully it seems he was taken from the scene by a loving person and sheltered from the chaos.

I didn't know about this case either. I clicked a link to a PC it looked like, not long ago. I was going to go back tonight and try to find out more. Poor baby :(
People need to start putting their children before their boyfriend/girlfriends. Ask them selves; Is this person good for my children.

I have a question if you all would be kind enough to answer. I am relatively new here and am not sure how I am feeling. I have 3 totally different opinions. Do most of you have 1 opinion, 2. 3 more? Not just this case, but any case. With having 3 different opinions I am not sure which one to follow(LOL)
Well I can tell you the strong opinion I had last week is the complete opposite opinion I have this week.

Thank you for another very early video from the scene.

My summary/observations/opinions:

Fred Davenport with WVTM 13 News says "We're already off the air, it's Saturday night live" as he shows a police car parked at Tom Brown Village. We briefly see a glimpse of the other reporter there, Chip Scarborough, walking out of camera view and looking down at his phone. (They seem to be standing in the area that was later taped off with crime scene tape. MOO.).

FD says he wants to get out a "pretty serious story", typically we wouldn't hear from him on Saturday but he stopped what he was doing to get the info out. There is a young girl missing. He holds up a phone with KM's picture and says her name and that she is missing from Tom Brown Village, it's considered North Avondale, 41st street is the closest street. He asks people to screenshot and share that she is missing from Birmingham. Birmingham police are there investigating.

FD says he was talking with his coworker CS who has been there along with Adam (no last name) getting info. There was a birthday party that took place there. FD says that the parents or supervisors of the child stepped away at some point and a "black SUV" approached. A man inside that SUV had taken the child. An 11 year boy actually witnessed the incident and reported it. So now they are still looking for the girl. He repeats KM's name and says she goes by "Cupcake". He says there is no tag number for the SUV at this time. They are waiting on BPD to release all the details to find out if the vehicle description is accurate. We hear a woman talking to FD and telling him that the vehicle is Black or Dark blue with a Brown bumper. FD says it's a Toyota Forerunner, Black or Blue with a brown bumper that protrudes or sticks out, the bumper could be damaged. FD says the info is from Carol Robertson standing next to him.

About 3:50 minutes in he says KM has been missing "Since eight tonight". (This is the earliest time I have seen reported and probably accurate based on the video LE later released of the kids playing. For some reason most other reports said 8:30. Perhaps 8:30 is when the reporters first arrived on scene? MOO.)

People are asking the reporter why no Amber Alert. He says it doesn't come out automatically, it has to go through several levels but he was told they are working on an Amber Alert, it is underway. He shows KM's photo again, repeating she is missing from Tom Brown Village and adds that TBV is in North Avondale near Kingston. He tells the viewers how to screenshot the image to share.

FD says multiple BPD officiers are there working the case. He pans and we see two police cars there. On the road between the 2 police cars there are circular skid marks (not sure if it's related/relevant). FD says a lot of people who live in the housing complex are out there. He repeats the story about there being a birthday party, the parents stepping away from the child for a few moments, and the vehicle description. A man grabbed the child and all of it was witnessed by an 11 year old boy.

FD asks someone nearby if there are any more details on the car to share. We hear the additional detail that the bumper was described as "Peanut Butter Brown". FD moves over to tell CS the vehicle details he got from the officer. CS says he is standing by to do a "TV cut in". FD comes back to talk to the FB live and says "the car has rims on it. Possibly a Forerunner. It's a Toyota, Black or Blue but it has a front bumper on it that is brown in color. If you see that vehicle call 911. The child may be in that car. The child is considered in danger."

FD shows the photo of KM again. He is not sure if the photo was taken that day (It was. MOO.) because it is cold outside today. He tells us she goes by "Cupcake" and she is three.

We hear a woman laughing loudly somewhere there. He repeats that an AA is underway. Your phones should go off once the AA is approved to be sent out to the public. We see a police officer getting something out of a parked police car and there is more hysterical laughing from a woman. (It seems to me that people are going about their business on a Saturday night having fun and not everyone out there is looking for KM or aware of the situation yet. MOO.)

The comments ask FD what the scene is like and he says it's calm, there are multiple officers there but there is no blocked off area, no checkpoints to get to the scene. FD had been told before he got there there had been some issues with crowd control or people upset, understandably so since a 3 year old is missing. (We don't see very many people in the video. FD is maintaining a far distance from the people outside and focusing on the police cars. MOO.)

About 13:20 in FD reads the AA guidelines. We hear a sound and he says his station just sent out an alert which will go to a lot of phones. AA Guidelines: LE must confirm that an abduction has taken place. The child must be at risk of serious injury or death. There must be a sufficient descriptive info about the captor or captor's vehicle. The child must be a minor, under 18. FD says that with social media we can really get out info about the child missing.

He shows the photo of KM again and says they can screenshot it or they can go to the news stations page and they just pushed out the story that can be shared. He repeats vehicle info and says call 911 if anyone sees the vehicle.

People are asking FD via comments why hasn't the AA come out yet and he says they are making sure they get all that info and that it is correct that the AA info has to be correct the first time it goes out. Y'all have to be patient. For now just share what we have put out to the public.

FD mentions again that the vehicle has rims on it, black or blue with brown bumper and rims. There was a birthday party, a man got out of the vehicle and grabbed the girl. An 11 year old boy witnessed this all unfold. The reporter does not know which direction the vehicle was heading.

FD asks a police officer if they had a tag number. The reply is that as far as he knows there wasn't one. FD asks if there was a description of the captor. The answer is No.

About 22 minutes in FD talks to Carol about the many comments he is getting saying they had seen KM at McDonalds in Roebuck. She heard the baby was seen at Eastlake Park looking for her mom. (Seems they are getting many tips about children who look like KM. MOO.) FD tells his viewers that police have been notified about the McDonalds sighting.

There are at least 4 police cars on the scene that we can see. The reporters discuss quietly in the background if there is anything else to say. Female reporter (Carol?) is talking about how she has worn the same clothes all day, on every shot they have done and the commenters on live have noticed her clothing for some reason. People are also mad that she said "projects" and not apartments when she reported on it. She says something like "did you not know this is the Avondale ***** " (I can't hear the starred out words-- possibly she says "everyone calls it Avondale murder projects"? MOO). FD says loudly it's Tom Brown Village in Avondale. FD goes back to talking to his viewers and says he has seen the tips they are all talking about but nothing has been confirmed.

About 24 minutes in FD shows KM's photo again. We see a number of police officers walking around in the background and background noise seems to have increased with many more people milling around and talking. A police officer opens the trunk of his vehicle and closes it. FD says LE is about to put up tape "for crowd control". Carol in the background says they have been working on the AA for 30 minutes. FD asks if they have all the criteria met for an AA and she says yes.

FD says the PIO is working to get more info for the reporters to share with the public. Someone asks where the mother is and FD is not sure. Cars are being moved out the immediate area where FD is standing. The crowd of people talking to LE seems to be growing. FD says he doesn't know anything about the crowd behind him and they are talking about putting him on camera because it's an urgent matter. A police officer comes waving his or her arms to tell people to move back from the area. A woman (Carol?) asks if she needs to move her car. Another woman answers "if you don't want to get stuck in here..." FD asks where they want him and he moves to the sidewalk. He says he only has 20% left on his battery. Hopefully the AA will go out as soon as possible.

FD repeats the vehicle info one last time and asks Carol if she is leaving. FD walks down the sidewalk and says he has to head out but Chip is staying and a new live should be up for viewers to click on. FD has to be somewhere else in Birmingham. We see the yellow crime scene tape up now (last minute of the video). FD has to go under the tape to get out. Chip is going to take over getting the info out to the public. We hear Chip in the background starting his Live reporting.

FD signs off and says that if there is anything new they will have it. Chip is the one working the rest of tonight.

MOO.

Fred's Live (summarized above):
Chip's Live that followed:
WOW! Incredible work! U Rock!

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, because I am totally lost...has the original report that KM's brother saw a man pick KM up and put her in a car been totally discounted? Thanks....

From the article:

[...]

"We’re growing more impatient,'' said Kamille’s father, 27-year-old Dominic McKinney. “We’re hurting. I don’t know what else to say.”

“I can’t imagine that being my daughter‚” Birmingham Mayor Randall Woodfin said Tuesday morning. “It’s tough for Kamille’s mother, her father, it’s tough for her grandparents ... to see the look on their face, to see the hurt in their heart and see the concern, genuine concern, about where their child, where their grandchild is.”

[...]

Police said the man with the limp is a suspect in the case. They have not said whether they have identified or located him. They asked that the other man in the video come forward as a witness in the case.

[...]

Birmingham police returned to his rented Woodside Condominiums home Monday evening to carry out a search warrant of the condo, which has been padlocked by the owner. Property management said police have been there almost every day, including over the weekend when they searched apartments that are now uninhabitable following an September fire there.

[...]

During the investigation into Kamille’s abduction, investigators learned that she had tried to contact the victims in the 2018 case, which was in violation of her bond. After a hearing Monday, a judge revoked Brown’s bond in last year’s charges.

[...]

Multiple search operations have been conducted – some of which have been made public, and many others that have not. They’ve used tracking dogs, and sometimes Jefferson County’s Star 1 helicopter.

[...]
Well that’s wrong...chief said Friday they had spoken with their suspect (man #2) so clearly he’s been identified and located

I think you’re one street off in the aerial. If we have the video location correct she would have walked around the first build, through the middle of the 3 main building and cross the street to get close to that building.
I was thinking something like what I drew on with pink line. Could this thing (can't even say man) have been that bold to walk her right out front?

Attachments

• pathtolot.png
    pathtolot.png
    924.1 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics