Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you recall if earlier articles say it was because she contacted witnesses? I felt like that is what it says because I said it’d be hard to stay away from family and a relative is who was the foster parent. This would mean she contacts the children.

Side note—- the reporting in this case has had so many inconsistencies. Is that normal?

I saw on one of her documents linked here she “failed to appear”. And yes, media here is not too good. Inaccuracies are common, very common.

Hang tight. I too am wondering about the lack of kidnapping (and other potential charges).

It’s not uncommon to see additional charges added later, but I’m not sure why there aren’t kidnapping charges yet? I doubt anything it’s anything to do with “more to the story”, moo.
Maybe they had 2 accomplices do the snatching? Hence the video which Chief states they were trying to “close the loop” hmmmm

Maybe they had 2 accomplices do the snatching? Hence the video which Chief states they were trying to “close the loop” hmmmm

That crossed my mind as well, but then I think about the photos at the Shell of PS and the actual vehicle photos released which neighbors at the apartment complex recognized and called in. For this theory to work, the pictures would then have to be related to the handoff?

Ugh.

Going in for PC (took a nap earlier). Again, I want to see the full context and tone. Moo

Last edited:
The parking lot is semi-private as it sits between 3 buildings. Here is one of the screenshots I posted way back showing where I believed both events on that night were taking place.

Thanks for the graphic.

I don't know if credible party was outdoors as so much in AL media on this fast moving case proving only partially correct.

Not insinuating claims cousin was lax with supervision are false but finding it plausible that party was outdoors, and children were wandering around, rather than adults inside and kids outside all alone.

MOO

FEOOUSLNKBFKFPDX23NCLN7BSU.JPG

MBAZFUQ2VVBQNICAEG5ULBU57A.JPG

OCE4V6GAR5BFLHS6W2IER2GWUU.jpg

33DODX7I6ZD6LAAJZGFTSKTMWI.JPG
EZKTU6XVLZA37CLQ6JFZHPTYEE.JPG

I finally went to Google and found one that loaded right up and had the info I wanted in a couple of minutes.
I'm still laughing at my self for staring at an empty garage for 2 hours...

Lol! The things we do here...

If there is one thing we can be grateful for it is that CC was eventually found and that her killers are in custody. Imagine if she still wasn’t found and her killers still not apprehended.

I said a moment of thanks to the Universe when I finally went back to some other cases I was following before all this unfolded, and was very quickly reminded how in many of those cases there is zilch, ZERO. Thank goodness that turned out to not be the case here, as awful as the outcome turned out to be. If Cupcake was never found I would’ve been wondering what happened to her for the rest of my life. And her family not knowing....the thought of her not ever being found and the persons responsible roaming free is terrifying.

Lol! The things we do here...

If there is one thing we can be grateful for it is that CC was eventually found and that her killers are in custody. Imagine if she still wasn’t found and her killers still not apprehended.

I said a moment of thanks to the Universe when I finally went back to some other cases I was following before all this unfolded, as in many of those cases there is zilch, ZERO. Thank goodness that turned out to not be the case here, as awful as the outcome turned out to be. If Cupcake was never found I would’ve been wondering what happened to her for the rest of my life. And her family not knowing....the thought of her not ever being found and the persons responsible roaming free is terrifying.
I know what you mean...it's a two edged sword. I still grieve over little Haileigh Cummings from Florida. First case that brought me to WS. I'll never forget this case and the horror for that child and her little brother. Except for the spelling of her first name, our names are identical. That is very sombering for me!

Do you recall if earlier articles say it was because she contacted witnesses? I felt like that is what it says because I said it’d be hard to stay away from family and a relative is who was the foster parent. This would mean she contacts the children.

Side note—- the reporting in this case has had so many inconsistencies. Is that normal?

On the reporting -- I'm finding so many partially correct stories with AL msm!! As to this being normal, I'm finding it more so on fast moving cases. Best practice here is to find a good, local reporter, and follow their twitter and bylines. Unfortunately -- I wasn't following MK case close enough to take my own advice. ;)

In this evening report at AL.COM, again I think the info is partially correct (left out the actual arrest charge).

While being questioned in connection with Kamille’s case, investigators learned she had tried to reach out to the victims in the 2018 case. A judge then revoked her bond. She remains held in the Jefferson County Jail.

A condition of release on bond of "no contact" with victim(s) is pretty much a staple, and violation of this order certainly sufficient to revoke a bond.

On the other hand, DB's arrest intake clearly illustrates she was arrested/charged on 10/15/19 with 3 counts of FAILURE TO APPEAR on felony.

While this charge also cause for bond to be revoked, this violation typically comes with a bench warrant for your arrest on the date you fail to appear.

As I said, the media report only partially correct!

Booking Detail/Charges at link.

Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA

Last edited:
Interesting / BBM:

“Almost exactly 24 hours after Kamille was allegedly taken, authorities made their first major breakthrough in the case. Residents reported seeing a car that matched the police’s description outside a condominium not far from where the girl was abducted, according to AL.com. Smith told reporters on Tuesday that the tip about the SUV was just one of the clues that led investigators to Stallworth and Brown.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ee-year-old-birmingham-alabama-dead-dumpster/

•What/where is the exact quote on that?

12am on Saturday 12th October would have been midnight of 11th-just-became-12th of October, though ... the Friday turned into Saturday. KM wasn't abducted until Saturday night.

If I’m not mistaken that might have been the exact time the AA was issued. If not it was within 10-15min either way of midnight. Not sure if that has any bearing.

We've had this inquiry on other cases, and it appears protocol on missing and later recovered remains cases that the date of death is the last date victim was confirmed alive. Midnight is also the default hour. This is corroborated on both of the defendants records: Capital Murder charges listed as 10/12/19 at 12AM.

Thanks for the graphic.

I don't know if credible party was outdoors as so much in AL media on this fast moving case proving only partially correct.

Not insinuating claims cousin was lax with supervision are false but finding it plausible that party was outdoors, and children were wandering around, rather than adults inside and kids outside all alone.

MOO
Here’s an additional graphic showing where all confirmed events and some of my personal speculation on the location of people/players/events of that night. The black line is possible escape routes.

Attachments

• 329CCBEF-14E2-4E9C-BDF3-7726A66729EB.jpeg
    329CCBEF-14E2-4E9C-BDF3-7726A66729EB.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 141
On the reporting -- I'm finding so many partially correct stories with AL msm!! As to this being normal, I'm finding it more so on fast moving cases. Best practice here is to find a good, local reporter, and follow their twitter and bylines. Unfortunately -- I wasn't following MK case close enough to take my own advice. ;)

It’s normal here all the time. I think the problem is Bham being a smaller market. The reporters are young and mostly inexperienced and many recent college grads. Almost every time I look up, a new reporter is on the scene and the old one is off to greener pastures. Lack of experience, knowledge of the area and lay of the land is going to produce inconsistency. I think they all try hard but when your young and inexperienced it’s just par for the course. The only long term people here are those in the studio in front of the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth