Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a photo that was on the front page of al.com this morning when I read it. The photo is drawn by someone here in Alabama I believe who also does drawings for fallen police officers. I found it beautiful & decided to share.

Btw my daughter says all of us need to buy a cupcake in honor of cupcake & eat them!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-24 ‘You’re safe now, Cupcake’ Tribute to Kamille McKinney.png
    Screenshot_2019-10-24 ‘You’re safe now, Cupcake’ Tribute to Kamille McKinney.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 47
While being questioned in connection with Kamille’s case, investigators learned she had tried to reach out to the victims in the 2018 case. A judge then revoked her bond.

Do you recall if earlier articles say it was because she contacted witnesses? I felt like that is what it says because I said it’d be hard to stay away from family and a relative is who was the foster parent. This would mean she contacts the children.

Side note—- the reporting in this case has had so many inconsistencies. Is that normal?

Do you recall if earlier articles say it was because she contacted witnesses? I felt like that is what it says because I said it’d be hard to stay away from family and a relative is who was the foster parent. This would mean she contacts the children.

Side note—- the reporting in this case has had so many inconsistencies. Is that normal?
Yes, she probably contacted either the kids or whoever had custody of them. I don't remember if it was another family member who was given custody or someone else.

Imo

Well according to this article it was a victim. And it was stated it was a relative. Would the foster parent be a victim? I guess possibly since she pulled a gun on them.
Yes, she probably contacted either the kids or whoever had custody of them. I don't remember if it was another family member who was given custody or someone else.

Imo

Answering my question . Traced it back to our media thread and it does say victims /and or witness . Sorry for that trail. BBM
2 people questioned in Birmingham 3-year-old’s abduction facing unrelated charges
“The State has learned that during the course of being questioned on an unrelated matter, the Defendant admitted to the Birmingham Police Department that she made efforts to contact victims and/or witness in the case in violation of the conditions of the Defendant’s bond,” Allen stated.

Imo

Well according to this article it was a victim. And it was stated it was a relative. Would the foster parent be a victim? I guess possibly since she pulled a gun on them.

I suppose either a child or whoever had custody. They always try to place the children with a relative first.

On another note. I just noticed on DB’s booking that the date of the offense for capital murder is 10/12 at 12:00 am.

Do they just put that when they don’t know the exact day/time? Obviously it wasn’t 12:00 am .
Inmate Detail - BROWN, DERICK IRISHA

4 CAPITAL MURDER - VICT UNDER AGE 14 10/12/2019 12:00 AM 201900208

His says 12:00am also ... for the capital murder. The police likely don't know exactly when the murder took place. imo
Maybe it just means some time on Saturday 12th, as far as they can tell?

Inmate Detail - STALLWORTH, PATRICK DEVONE

OCT 24, 2019
What you need to know about reporting a missing person
The days-long search for 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney in Birmingham thrust the issue of missing persons to the forefront.

[...]

“We continually see more and more missing persons,” Moseley stated.

Despite the growing number, many still wrestle with whether to call law enforcement if they believe their friend or relative is missing.

ALEA Secretary Hal Taylor urges citizens not to hesitate.

“Parents sometimes think, ‘I don’t want to be that overreacting parent but I don’t know where my child is,’ or they don’t want to call or bother the police,” Taylor explained. “I want you to call the police, we want you to dial 911 so we can get this process started.”

[...]

That’s because time is essential. Moseley says it’s best to call 911 quickly and allow officers to assess the situation.

[...]

ALEA has a standard protocol for reporting missing persons cases from the city to state level. When officers get the call, they have a checklist in hand to start the process. The first determination they must make is whether the person is missing or has been abducted. If they are abducted or in imminent danger due to a medical condition, an alert is issued.

Moseley pointed out, it's important to keep current pictures of children and senior citizens.

[...]

“Sometimes a driver’s license picture can be seven, eight years old,” said Moseley. “It’s really important to us to not only have the pictures of your children, but also of your parents and your grandparents.”

If you have a teenager at home, it's important that you're aware of their friends, schedules, and online activities.

[...]

His says 12:00am also ... for the capital murder. The police likely don't know exactly when the murder took place. imo
Maybe it just means some time on Saturday 12th, as far as they can tell?

If I’m not mistaken that might have been the exact time the AA was issued. If not it was within 10-15min either way of midnight. Not sure if that has any bearing.

If I’m not mistaken that might have been the exact time the AA was issued. If not it was within 10-15min either way of midnight. Not sure if that has any bearing.

12am on Saturday 12th October would have been midnight of 11th-just-became-12th of October, though ... the Friday turned into Saturday. KM wasn't abducted until Saturday night.

I think it could be a general time because they think KM was murdered on Saturday, but they don't know exactly what time.

CAPITAL MURDER - VICT UNDER AGE 14 - Offense Date 10/12/2019 12:00 AM

Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney: 2 charged with capital murder of child

Oct 24, 2019

First time I've read that birthday party was held in the parking lot. Perhaps like tailgate/bbq where guests assembled. Makes more sense than everybody indoors and kids outside completely on their own.

PS arrested Tuesday in Midfield (the family home- parents.

The parking lot is semi-private as it sits between 3 buildings. Here is one of the screenshots I posted way back showing where I believed both events on that night were taking place.

Attachments

• 60C2343A-9A22-445B-8570-066AA5CC4835.jpeg
    60C2343A-9A22-445B-8570-066AA5CC4835.jpeg
    202 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Interesting ... in your linked article it says (about his previous bail).

BBM: Only 10 percent of that bond - $50,000 - has to actually be posted and court records show six different people contributed to that effort.
AL.com reached several of those contributors and family members but they declined to comment. A motion filed in court Thursday shows those contributors no longer want to back his bail.

Also, the doormat pic is back in this article, with the caption "Patrick Stallworth was re-arrested during a search warrant at a home in Midfield on Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2019. Police blocked off the streets and raided the home."

a lawyer earlier said that six people put up the full amount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members