Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AL Law: Capital Punishment Laws
Alabama Capital Punishment Laws - FindLaw

Alabama, along with 31 other states, permits the death penalty. Like in many states, a person who has committed a capital murder in Alabama can be sentenced to life imprisonment instead of the death penalty. These trials are split into two parts. First, there's a trial where guilt or innocence is determined. If the defendant is convicted of capital murder, then a sentencing trial takes place where the jury or judge hears the mitigating and aggravating circumstances. Mitigating circumstances tend to lessen the degree of criminal responsibility, while aggravating circumstances increase it due to the factors’ malicious nature. Both of these factors are described below.

The following table explains more on capital punishment laws in Alabama.

Code Section Alabama Code Title 13A: Criminal Code, Chapter 5: Punishments & Sentences, Title 2: Death Penalty & Life Imprisonment Without Parole
Is Capital Punishment Allowed? Yes. Not only is the death penalty permitted, but judges can override jury recommendations of a life imprisonment sentence. In more than 90% of the 95 jury overrides since 1982, the judge imposed death when the jury chose life.
Minimum Age Although Alabama law doesn’t state a minimum age for the death penalty, in 2005 the U.S. Supreme Court banned the execution of those who were juveniles when the crime occurred. At the time of this decision, Alabama death row had 13 inmates who were 16 or 17 when the crime occurred.
Available for Crimes Other Than Homicide? No. In 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a Louisiana law that permitted the death penalty for the rape of a child. The death penalty in the U.S. is essentially exclusively used for murder.
Definition of Capital Homicide Capital offenses in Alabama include all of these types of homicides or deaths:
  • Committed by the defendant during a hijacking, kidnapping, robbery, arson, rape, sodomy, or sexual abuse
  • Committed using explosives, during a drive-by shooting, or while the victim was inside a vehicle or home
  • When the victim is under 14 years old
  • Where two or more people are murdered
  • Where the victim was a law enforcement officer, prison guard, or state or federal public official while on duty or related to his or her official capacities
  • When the victim is, was, or would have been a witness to any criminal or civil proceeding in any court and relates to his or her role as a witness
  • While under a life imprisonment sentence or if previously convicted in the past 20 years of another murder
  • Done for money (assassination)
Method of Execution Lethal injection is the primary method of execution, however, electrocution is still an option.

Here’s an additional graphic showing where all confirmed events and some of my personal speculation on the location of people/players/events of that night. The black line is possible escape routes.

Brilliant - thank you.

I was under the impression that Shell Station provided video of get-away SUV but that doesn't appear correct from your graphic.

Was Shell Station perhaps the convenience shop where PS on video (wearing very distinct shoes)?

Brilliant - thank you.

I was under the impression that Shell Station provided video of get-away SUV but that doesn't appear correct from your graphic.

Was Shell Station perhaps the convenience shop where PS on video (wearing very distinct shoes)?
Yes.

Birmingham police spent the next day going door to door, handing out flyers with Kamille’s picture and released store surveillance photos from a nearby Shell station depicting a person of interest and the suspect vehicle – a Toyota Sequoia.

Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney: 2 charged with capital murder of child

Wow, that's telling. Sounds like they don't have much of a problem believing he is guilty.

Ummm... I'm not so sure of that. I think it's more like they are in shock.

First, family didn't hesitate to collateralize half a million personal assets to get PS out of jail in record time. If they're so quick to believe he's guilty /capable of murdering a 3 year old baby -- he'd most likely be estranged from them and nobody would have lined up to free him.

Reportedly - PS has virtually no criminal record in AL (and FL). Only charge was misdemeanor MJ possession 15 years ago.

Family also own a 30 year - stellar record, local business.

I think they had no hesitation to extend their condolences to both MK family and the community.

I 'm also viewing them as victims of the vile alleged baby murderer.

Attachments

• F63BFD0E-4C03-4F9D-AA2A-631A7F6A3446.jpeg
    F63BFD0E-4C03-4F9D-AA2A-631A7F6A3446.jpeg
    239.8 KB · Views: 83
Wow, that's telling. Sounds like they don't have much of a problem believing he is guilty.
Sometimes immediate family members are told about the initial evidence that triggered the arrest. Maybe they were told something that makes them accept that he is likely guilty.

If not, they might have worded this statement differently, expressing grief for the child and her family, but reminding people of the "Innocent until proven Guilty' adage, and asking them to wait for the evidence before making assumptions.

We've had this inquiry on other cases, and it appears protocol on missing and later recovered remains cases that the date of death is the last date victim was confirmed alive. Midnight is also the default hour. This is corroborated on both of the defendants records: Capital Murder charges listed as 10/12/19 at 12AM.

Thank you. I will remember that. :)

Sometimes immediate family members are told about the initial evidence that triggered the arrest. Maybe they were told something that makes them accept that he is likely guilty.

If not, they might have worded this statement differently, expressing grief for the child and her family, but reminding people of the "Innocent until proven Guilty' adage, and asking them to wait for the evidence before making assumptions.

I believe that they also had their own business to consider here.

We had a similar situation locally. The family firmly believes in the defendants innocence. However, their statement was very similar to this. Because public perception could make or break their business... so they needed to get out ahead of it quickly.

Right or wrong... I think that's likely part of it.

I'm back. I had to leave this thread yesterday for a while. False alarm on my great grandbaby coming. Granddaughter was sent back home. If she doesn't start labor on her own they will induce on 11/3.

Interesting note. My parents only great grandchild is also a boy named Brody.

I personally find it a little hard to believe they just happened to randomly be at a apartment where a child's birthday party was going on? What made them go child hunting at those particular apartments? What made them go hunting at that exact time? Did they know the other child and that's why they didn't take them? Interestingly that child had lived there for awhile and Kamille had not. I feel there is much more to this story. My opinion only...

I'm guessing they were there visiting people and simply took the opportunity while they had it. You know the same way other people watch for good deals on a car, a house or a pair of shoes... these creeps were watching for a chance to grab a child.

Maybe they took Cupcake because she was the prettiest? The tallest? The one that followed the fastest? Maybe they had observed her and felt her demeanor was what they were looking for? Maybe they felt she'd make a more compliant victim? Who knows.

As the Tom Brown Village community mourns the death of Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney, grief sessions have been set up for children and their parents in the community.

The children who live there, where the 3-year-old was abducted, are feeling a heavy sense of loss. They want answers as to how this could happen. And they are saddened by what has taken place

The plan is to have the sessions for the rest of the week. The organization will remain on-call throughout the grieving process.

Grief counselors helping residents of Tom Brown Village

CBS 42‏Verified account @CBS_42
RIP KAMILLE
1f494.png

EHmFJ6ZXYAAuOXW.jpg

3:05 PM - 23 Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online