Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get the pics to load. Does little Cupcake have a headstone?

Happy birthday, baby. :(
There's not really a clear photo of her grave (without balloons, flowers, etc.) so it's hard to tell, but here are the photos:

Attachments

• KM Birthday Balloon Release 1.jpg
    KM Birthday Balloon Release 1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 39
  • KM Birthday Balloon Release 2.jpg
    KM Birthday Balloon Release 2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 36
  • KM Birthday Balloon Release 3.jpg
    KM Birthday Balloon Release 3.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 40
  • KM Birthday Balloon Release 4.jpg
    KM Birthday Balloon Release 4.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 40
  • KM Birthday Balloon Release 5.jpg
    KM Birthday Balloon Release 5.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 41
  • KM Birthday Balloon Release 6.jpg
    KM Birthday Balloon Release 6.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 43
  • KM Birthday Balloon Release 7.jpg
    KM Birthday Balloon Release 7.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 30
Does anyone know the status of these evil defendants?

I feel so bad for all of the families of the victims whose cases have been delayed and rescheduled due to the Corona Virus. I am sure the emotional toll is overwhelming.
I looked and all I could find was that both Stallworth and Brown are still in jail and are listed as pretrial inmates. I couldn't find any way to search court dockets for Jefferson County Al. and nothing about the Grand Jury. No updates in msm either. :(

This is FABULOUS news for these two! Here is a quote from al.com. Let’s go for the DP please!

“Lead federal prosecutor, First Assistant U.S. Attorney Lloyd Peeples, said under federal statute, if it is proven that death resulted from a kidnapping, the penalty is either life in prison without parole or death. The decision regarding whether the United States will ask for the death penalty in this specific case will be determined by the Attorney General of the United States at a later time.‘

Good news indeed!

A federal grand jury today indicted two persons for kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap a minor victim, announced U.S. Attorney Prim F. Escalona and Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp, Jr.

Separate indictments filed in U.S. District Court charge Patrick Devone Stallworth, 40, and Derick Irisha Brown a/k/a Quentesa Jackson, 29, each with one count of kidnapping and one count of conspiracy to kidnap a minor victim arising out of events which occurred in October 2019.
Suspects in death of Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney indicted by federal grand jury

I'm not sure what this means -- also heard it from the reporter. Was
R. Livingston defendant Stallworth's private attorney that was recently hired by the public defender's office?
I am not sure either, but it sounds like that may be the case. I have a hard time understanding that kind of stuff most of the time.

Good news indeed!

A federal grand jury today indicted two persons for kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnap a minor victim, announced U.S. Attorney Prim F. Escalona and Federal Bureau of Investigation Special Agent in Charge Johnnie Sharp, Jr.

Separate indictments filed in U.S. District Court charge Patrick Devone Stallworth, 40, and Derick Irisha Brown a/k/a Quentesa Jackson, 29, each with one count of kidnapping and one count of conspiracy to kidnap a minor victim arising out of events which occurred in October 2019.
Suspects in death of Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney indicted by federal grand jury

I thought some might be interested to see Patrick Stallworth's indictment. Not sure why I couldn't access Derick Brown's.
Thank you for posting the federal indictment.

I'm very curious about what set this case apart from others to provide for additional federal kidnapping charges. In other words, why does interstate commerce apply here and not in other cases? To my knowledge, the defendants did not cross state or county lines. (State kidnapping charges are always applicable). MOO

I find it confusing as well. I did find this info. The link is below.

ENHANCED PUNISHMENT FOR KIDNAPPING INVOLVING A MINOR

The Federal kidnapping crime provide special rules for offenses involving children. Where the victim is under the age of 18 and the offender has obtained the age of 18 and is not apparent grandparents brother sister aunt uncle or person having legal custody sentencing levels are increased to reflect the severity of the offense.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 1201(b) there is a presumption that if the defendant fails to release the victim within 24 hours after they are illegally seized, confined, or kidnapped there is a rebuttable presumption that the person has been transported in interstate or foreign commerce. This presumption was placed in the law to allow the FBI to be come involved in cases where a missing person has been missing for at least 24 hours.

FEDERAL KIDNAPPING CHARGES - OVERVIEW - Bradford Ladner LLP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member