GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Remember, it is likely the both indulged in Absinthe, which has hallucinogenic properties. If high, they could have fought and to me this is the most likely outcome. For those who have stated this should be wrapped up, investigations take time. This isn't a TV show; a woman is dead and I myself couldn't believe he walked away. The complete silence from her spouse and deletion of SM acct's speak volumes. There has been no plea from her SO to find her killer. This math is clear.

No need to plea to find her killer if she fell and hit her head.

My theory is that she ran out of the house, fearing for her life, carrying nothing but her phone. He ran after her and used the bottle to repeatedly hit her, while she was on the ground. When he heard a vehicle approaching, he ran into the house (didn't have time to remove her body). I could of course, be wrong.

This case has plenty of mystery to it. The fact that she was wearing only a bra can point to rape but I still can't understand the placement of the bottle & phone. The location of the body is strange to me as well. IMO if she was found with her head in the street and body in the neighbor's grass that rules out someone dumping her from a car. If anyone were dumping a body surely they would just shove the body out of the passenger door and get out of there ASAP. That's why I'm leaning more toward it was a heat of the moment thing. Why was her body out in such an open area when there's plenty of wooded areas/hiding spots? I'm thinking panic or the murderer didn't have the strength to move her.

If she was dumped, placement of the phone and bottle indicate that the person got out of the vehicle while dumping her. I can think of scenarios where she could be placed that way on the ground via pulling or placing her there since the person got out.

My theory is that she ran out of the house, fearing for her life, carrying nothing but her phone. He ran after her and used the bottle to repeatedly hit her, while she was on the ground. When he heard a vehicle approaching, he ran into the house (didn't have time to remove her body). I could of course, be wrong.
Wouldn't the bottle break?

Would it be possible to generate enough force to stike someone hard enough to kill them if they were both in a vehicle?

I think that's a very good point, to strike a powerful blow requires room to freely swing, often both arms holding the weapon. Also, it's difficult to be directly behind someone in a vehicle. Seems like it would be too cramped.

I wonder what kind of street/house lights there are in that spot, perhaps it's especially dark at night? Seems otherwise so risky that someone would have a surveillance camera.

I am interested to know who all thinks the husband is responsible? I sort of go back and forth. I think right now I am at about 40% thinking he did it, and 60% that a third party did it. We just don't know enough. But if he had done it, I think there were be ample evidence and would have been arrested by now. But I havent seen anywhere where he has made statements to the media or anything, and that silence bothers me a bit.

I have a gut feeling that the hubs is responsible. Yes he knew about her site and the pics as he’s in a few but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t jealous. Jealousy turns to rage quickly when alcohol is involved. Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a gut feeling that the hubs is responsible. Yes he knew about her site and the pics as he’s in a few but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t jealous. Jealousy turns to rage quickly when alcohol is involved. Just my humble opinion.

I think there is a good chance that that is what happened.

Time will tell, if this is the case I feel real terrible for their daughter, as this will result in losing both parents. The case is mysteriously quiet tho. I would imagine a bombshell announcement would come soon from LE

I had a relative that came home after a night of drinking. Fell in the garage. His father found him the next morning.
But was the fall hard enough to cause blunt force trauma to the back of the head and kill him? I know in my younger days I had my fair share of alcohol related injuries, and ended up in some pretty odd places, even; but we're talking a few scrapes and bruises, not trauma so severe to the back of the head that the neighbor who found her initially thought she was a red head because her blonde hair was so saturated with her blood... [emoji45]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I have a question. I know the husband is ex military, but do we know if he had a job at the time of her death?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question. I know the husband is ex military, but do we know if he had a job at the time of her death?

He is an unsworn safety officer at a local college. An early MSM article stated that.
I’m not sure if he is still employed or was on break during the incident.
I work at a college and our campus safety is never off. Unless the students are off campus for an extended break, all officers have full time hours. The one 1/2 months in the summer that this particular school closes just reduces their hours slightly because their presence is always required on camps. At least here. I imagine other colleges operate similar.
All MO and MOO!

I noticed a few people posted regarding Lucid Absinthe having hallucinogenic effects...that is not true.

“Allegedly created as an elixir in the 1790s by Dr. Pierre Ordinaire of Switzerland, absinthe became so popular in bars, bistros, cafés, and cabarets that, by the 1860s, the 5 p.m. happy hour was called l'heure verte ("the green hour"). By 1910, the French were drinking 36 million liters of absinthe per year, as compared to their annual consumption of almost 5 billion liters of wine.[2] As a result, the winemakers association, among other groups, began a campaign of misinformation that tied consuming absinthe to claims of insanity, criminal activity and hallucinations – all designed to discourage consumption. These claims were aided by the fact that unlike Cognac, champagne, etc., there was no law that defined absinthe – nothing to regulate the production and quality. In 1912, the U.S. Department of Agriculture banned absinthe in the United States, and it was banned in France a few years later.[3]

After 95 years of prohibition, genuine absinthe was re-authorized for sale in the United States with the approval of Lucid in 2007.
Lucid creator and scientist T.A. Breaux negotiated with the U.S. government on the basis that Lucid was created from absinthe-making techniques used over a century ago, and the result was not only a genuine, historically accurate product, but one that met all requirements from the U.S. Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau mandate that any finished food or beverage tests less than 10ppm or 10 mg/kg - well under the 35 mg/kg content that is legal within the European Union - for Thujone, pursuant to 21 CFR 172.510.[4] The Lucid brand revived the antique term "Absinthe Supérieure" to differentiate itself from the negative connotations of absinthe that persisted in the TTB.[5]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_Absinthe

But was the fall hard enough to cause blunt force trauma to the back of the head and kill him? I know in my younger days I had my fair share of alcohol related injuries, and ended up in some pretty odd places, even; but we're talking a few scrapes and bruises, not trauma so severe to the back of the head that the neighbor who found her initially thought she was a red head because her blonde hair was so saturated with her blood... [emoji45]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes. the fall resulted in death. very bloody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back