GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could see how an accident is possible. She and whoever she is with are very drunk, she perhaps falls and hits her head on corner of a table or something else. Or perhaps she accidentally gets hit with something. But how does she end up in the street. She didn't accidentally die out there. Maybe she was with someone else that person just panicked and dumped her off. I don't see a scenario where she accidentally dies in the home and then ends up in the street. My guess, and its just a guess at this point, is that her death is the result of a drunken rage or drunken accident. The person responsible drops her in the street in panic. I think the fact that her phone and bottle are out in the street are evidence that she didn't die in the house.

I disagree with the posters that say the police have called it a homicide. Saying its being treated as a homicide and declaring its a homicide are two different things

It just seems to me that if it was just an accident, the husband would have made some sort of public statement to that effect, instead of letting the speculation go on.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/month_after_kat_west_found_dea.html

You can tell by the police chiefs comments that they think it's a homicide.

I agree.

Lemley said Thursday it's important to the integrity of the investigation and their primary objective - an arrest and conviction - to withhold their evidence until the appropriate time. "Ultimately, it's not about me providing information to the community or the media but about catching criminals,'' he said.... About a half dozen outside law enforcement agencies have assisted Calera in the case since Day 1, the chief said. In his more than decade as the city' police chief, Lemley says they've had a 100 percent apprehension rate in their homicide investigations and he is confident in their process.

I can't see a police chief using that language about catching criminals, making arrests, involving outside police sources, if he wasn't very confident it's a homicide. Otherwise, if later it was declared an accident, he'd look like an idiot and police chiefs just don't let that happen, ever. He'd lose all his credibility within and outside the force.

Further, I think they have their prime suspect, have good evidence, and are keeping a close watch in case he does/says something to give them better evidence. There's no point in making a hasty arrest with weak evidence, they'll just lose the case.

I agree.

I can't see a police chief using that language about catching criminals, making arrests, involving outside police sources, if he wasn't very confident it's a homicide. Otherwise, if later it was declared an accident, he'd look like an idiot and police chiefs just don't let that happen, ever. He'd lose all his credibility within and outside the force.

Further, I think they have their prime suspect, have good evidence, and are keeping a close watch in case he does/says something to give them better evidence. There's no point in making a hasty arrest with weak evidence, they'll just lose the case.

I was aware of the chiefs statement but have a different take on it than you do. I took it as him explaining why they didn't give the public more details "our job is to catch criminals, not public information officers" jmo

Just wanted to add a link to this article from Heavy since it has the liquor store video and a bunch of facts for quick reference. Also I'd never heard the fact about Kathleen's recent breast surgery and that being the reason she had a sports bra on.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/kathleen-dawn-west-kat-husband-onlyfans-murder-alabama-photos/
Now I'm really wondering.. did some kind of anger erupt while she and her husband were getting intimate? If she had recently had an augmentation maybe she was not supposed to take off the bra. Maybe something enraged him, he started attacking her, and she ran. She's barely clothed but maybe felt her life was in danger not to run. If he's really drunk he could have trouble following her, maybe get dizzy and sit down and fall asleep, or tripped and hurt himself and "passed out". The bottle is still a mystery though in this scenario. Has it been discussed whether the bottle may have been the weapon?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I could see how an accident is possible. She and whoever she is with are very drunk, she perhaps falls and hits her head on corner of a table or something else. Or perhaps she accidentally gets hit with something. But how does she end up in the street. She didn't accidentally die out there. Maybe she was with someone else that person just panicked and dumped her off. I don't see a scenario where she accidentally dies in the home and then ends up in the street. My guess, and its just a guess at this point, is that her death is the result of a drunken rage or drunken accident. The person responsible drops her in the street in panic. I think the fact that her phone and bottle are out in the street are evidence that she didn't die in the house.

I'm going back and forth with this case regarding husband accountable, or someone who dumped her off accountable. Leaning more to the theory that someone dumped her off. I also believe that the husband, with his reported actions of showing up on the scene, then quickly leaving, knew she had left the house that night. All MOO

Just wanted to add a link to this article from Heavy since it has the liquor store video and a bunch of facts for quick reference. Also I'd never heard the fact about Kathleen's recent breast surgery and that being the reason she had a sports bra on.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/kathleen-dawn-west-kat-husband-onlyfans-murder-alabama-photos/

I wonder how recently she'd had surgery. I can't imagine she would feel up to going out to meet a friend/acquaintance alone, late at night, but IF it's true she and her husband had been socializing at a sports bar ('dunno if that's been confirmed) maybe it's possible. Or maybe a few drinks at home influenced her to meet someone. Or maybe she didn't meet anyone... and we're back to something happening at home?

I wonder how recently she'd had surgery. I can't imagine she would feel up to going out to meet a friend/acquaintance alone, late at night, but IF it's true she and her husband had been socializing at a sports bar ('dunno if that's been confirmed) maybe it's possible. Or maybe a few drinks at home influenced her to meet someone. Or maybe she didn't meet anyone... and we're back to something happening at home?

When I had my surgery, my surgeon said no underwire for at least 6 months. I had to wear a special bra for the first 4-6 weeks. Everyone is different though.

Judging by the way she acted on surveillance footage she didn't appear to be in any pain so I doubt she had just had surgery in the past couple of weeks.

When I had my surgery, my surgeon said no underwire for at least 6 months. I had to wear a special bra for the first 4-6 weeks. Everyone is different though.

Judging by the way she acted on surveillance footage she didn't appear to be in any pain so I doubt she had just had surgery in the past couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info. It had been reported that due to enhancement surgery she had to wear a sports bra. But I wasn't sure whether that was relevant or not, or what that really meant. Not to be crude or anything, but looking at previous older photos of her, it doesn't look like she needed enhancement. But I don't really know much about those procedures.

Thanks for the info. It had been reported that due to enhancement surgery she had to wear a sports bra. But I wasn't sure whether that was relevant or not, or what that really meant. Not to be crude or anything, but looking at previous older photos of her, it doesn't look like she needed enhancement. But I don't really know much about those procedures.

I had an enhancement done as well. I wore a sports bra for the first 8 weeks but my doctor encouraged me to continue for a bit after as well. Also until the implants fall into their “pockets” it’s kind of impossible to find a bra that fits correctly and you really need to continue doing so. It’s also recommended that you change them out every 10 years or so.

With all of that being said if that is true then it points to something within her home. I doubt if a stranger was attacking her they would care if she needed the bra or not. The only part that doesn’t jive again is the phone and bottle. Also the place she’s living is a newer subdivision so the curbs generally aren’t the blocky type but the more smooth slope type. I really think if it were an accident or suspected that would have been announced.

Also I get so many have said jealousy regarding the husband but the thing is marriage is hard. It could be any number of things and while I believe this bra thing now points more so to him it doesn’t necessarily mean he did anything because of jealousy. There have been plenty of arguments I’ve had with my husband while drinking. Alcohol exacerbates a minor argument. However I don’t see him leaving her exposed in the open like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's with all the surgery talk? The only reference I've read was someone trying to take a wild guess as to a legitimate reason for her to have a bra on & nothing else. Can you link to where this surgery is confirmed?

What's with all the surgery talk? The only reference I've read was someone trying to take a wild guess as to a legitimate reason for her to have a bra on & nothing else. Can you link to where this surgery is confirmed?

Per post w/link previous page:

A friend (Sandie Kay) who knew West for about two years

“Kay also told Heavy that West had recent breast augmentation surgery, which is why she was wearing a sports bra when her body was discovered.”

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13928249#post13928249

I mentioned the surgery because it's the only bit of info we've seen on this case in a few weeks... and I was simply wondering if it was recent and could be (possibly) relevant.

I have no idea if the bra/surgery thing is relevant or not. It may not be. I was wondering if after an augmentation surgery if she had to always where the sports bra for a certain amount of time, as in 24 hours a day.

I have no idea if the bra/surgery thing is relevant or not. It may not be. I was wondering if after an augmentation surgery if she had to always where the sports bra for a certain amount of time, as in 24 hours a day.

I don't know if its relevant, but it explains why it might be the only thing she was wearing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim
Back