GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Per post w/link previous page:

A friend (Sandie Kay) who knew West for about two years

“Kay also told Heavy that West had recent breast augmentation surgery, which is why she was wearing a sports bra when her body was discovered.”

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/kathleen-dawn-west-kat-husband-onlyfans-murder-alabama-photos/

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13928249#post13928249

Thank you, I missed it. I wasn't questioning whether it was relevant or not, which of course remains to be seen, I just hadn't read where it stated as fact that she had the surgery. Now it makes sense to at least explore the relevancy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The relevancy to me at least, is that its an indication that she wasn't sexually assaulted. Or maybe I should say it suggests to me that she wasn't. It suggests to me that she was being intimate with some voluntarily because the bra stayed on. At least voluntarily at first. Something obviously went horribly wrong.

The relevancy to me at least, is that its an indication that she wasn't sexually assaulted. Or maybe I should say it suggests to me that she wasn't. It suggests to me that she was being intimate with some voluntarily because the bra stayed on. At least voluntarily at first. Something obviously went horribly wrong.

This is just one more factor that leads me to eliminate the theory that she was dropped off at the spot she was found. She was either murdered in the vicinity or died accidentally in the vicinity.

It's been 7 days since the mayors comment about a possible announcement in the next 7-10 days. If there was enough information about a suspect to make this prediction at that time, there would have been enough evidence to make an arrest by now. Since I have ruled out Kat being dumped where she was found, She either died on the spot or was brought there from her home. If she died in the home, there is only one suspect & he would have been arrested by now. jmo.

It's been 7 days since the mayors comment about a possible announcement in the next 7-10 days. If there was enough information about a suspect to make this prediction at that time, there would have been enough evidence to make an arrest by now. Since I have ruled out Kat being dumped where she was found, She either died on the spot or was brought there from her home. If she died in the home, there is only one suspect & he would have been arrested by now. jmo.

With the long weekend, things may be a bit off. I would say if we don't hear anything by next Thursday or so I'll start getting concerned about this case.

First, thanks to the users who've given some insight on rules regarding post surgery rules/recommendations as I'm pretty ignorant in all that.

The relevance of the bra has yet to be seen. My first instinct was the killer probably knew her and knew she needed to have it on, but then I had a better thought. We'd seen earlier that Kat was selling clothes online, and as discussed earlier her husband's job doesn't pay well. All signs that they need money -- but she's getting an augmentation? Isn't that expensive? Can anyone tell how many subscribers she had? The financial issues seem to be odd to me.

First, thanks to the users who've given some insight on rules regarding post surgery rules/recommendations as I'm pretty ignorant in all that.

The relevance of the bra has yet to be seen. My first instinct was the killer probably knew her and knew she needed to have it on, but then I had a better thought. We'd seen earlier that Kat was selling clothes online, and as discussed earlier her husband's job doesn't pay well. All signs that they need money -- but she's getting an augmentation? Isn't that expensive? Can anyone tell how many subscribers she had? The financial issues seem to be odd to me.

You can finance plastic surgery. There is also an online site called my free implants where you can have people contribute to paying for your surgery

I have no idea if the bra/surgery thing is relevant or not. It may not be. I was wondering if after an augmentation surgery if she had to always where the sports bra for a certain amount of time, as in 24 hours a day.

Yes, you are typically supposed to wear it 24 hours a day for a few weeks to prevent skin sagging and allow the implants to fall into place.

From a screenshot (Jan 27) of her pay/subscriber site on wayback there was only the following info:

242 posts
240 photos
2 videos
896 likes

So, I'm guessing her subscriber (or "fan") count was "private".

'Just from what I read on the "onlyfans" site... the members set their own subscriber fees and keep 80%. And, "tipping" is encourage.
(JMO) Kinda' looks like easy $ (not necessarily a LOT of money but relatively easy) for low overhead (sexy but minimal clothing, and maybe a camera, and a light or two ??). The key is, of course, the member is able to attract and retain subscribers.

Also, there is "Care Credit" which can be used for various surgical (and non-surgical) cosmetic procedures (breast augmentation is included). It's much like a credit card (subject to application approval, limits, etc).

https://www.carecredit.com/cosmetic/

Was there a change/update to the husband's Facebook on Feb 1... loving couple photo?

I wonder since she had the surgery if she might have mixed pain pills with the alcohol. She might have been confused, fell with a head injury.

I wonder since she had the surgery if she might have mixed pain pills with the alcohol. She might have been confused, fell with a head injury.

This seems very possible. She fell, suffered head injury, was unconscious. Maybe her husband was didn't realize she was still outside the house?? But, then I wonder how this scenario would be investigated as a "homicide"?

Would this figure into negligent homicide (as suggested by PrairieWind - https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ed-Calera-13-Jan-2018&p=13920879#post13920879) ??

Pain meds are typically provided the first two weeks only. The pain the first week is horrific and you typically can’t even sit up on your own. I doubt if she’s getting around on her own that she’s still in the window for pain meds from her doc.

This seems very possible. She fell, suffered head injury, was unconscious. Maybe her husband was didn't realize she was still outside the house?? But, then I wonder how this scenario would be investigated as a "homicide"?

Would this figure into negligent homicide (as suggested by PrairieWind - https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ed-Calera-13-Jan-2018&p=13920879#post13920879) ??

I have not seen an official cause or manner of death. Until this happens, le is treating it as if it was homicide just to be safe. jmo

Since the police seems to have come out almost immediately and indicated "homicide" and the chief's comments support that, I am guessing (and its only a guess) that was something about her head injury that indicated it was not from falling and hitting the street pavement or curb. And I also think that if the police believed it was an accident they would have given some indication of that and/or the husband or family would have come out and said so.

I am a little perplexed by their income as well. I believe it was reported that they had been in bankruptcy a while ago. His job does not appear to be high paying at all and she was stay at home. Now he was former Army, so he may have retired and could be drawing a check there. I believe his wedding photo showed him as a Staff Sergeant. That retirement check wouldn't be huge, but its something. But they had new home, at least one newer SUV type vehicle and a 12 year old girl. So, they must have had other income. Maybe her website did generate good money. I just couldn't even begin to guess what she could make from that.

With over a month gone by and minimal word from LE, I believe they have things narrowed down to a suspect. It could be a situation where LE has that suspect under surveillance and possibly waiting to get some sort of DNA sample, ie discarded cigarette/soda can/coffee cup etc.. because they recovered DNA/prints on the green bottle. And sleuthing further, maybe the suspects DNA is not registered in the international data bank.

I do believe she was murdered, and not an accident. And IMO the husband was not responsible for her death, or he would be arrested already. All MOO

With over a month gone by and minimal word from LE, I believe they have things narrowed down to a suspect. It could be a situation where LE has that suspect under surveillance and possibly waiting to get some sort of DNA sample, ie discarded cigarette/soda can/coffee cup etc.. because they recovered DNA/prints on the green bottle. And sleuthing further, maybe the suspects DNA is not registered in the international data bank.

I do believe she was murdered, and not an accident. And IMO the husband was not responsible for her death, or he would be arrested already. All MOO

I believe it was an accident & le knows they will be criticized for this unless they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Even if le concludes it was an accident many want it to be murder & will not accept anything else. Its hard to prove an accident. You have to eliminate all other possibilities. I think le is taking time to cover all the bases. jmo

I believe it was an accident & le knows they will be criticized for this unless they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Even if le concludes it was an accident many want it to be murder & will not accept anything else. Its hard to prove an accident. You have to eliminate all other possibilities. I think le is taking time to cover all the bases. jmo

Being found across the street with no clothes on except a sports bra, nothing on as reported, I'll assume she also had no footwear. So she's in a drunken state, and she leaves the house with no pants underwear jacket or shoes, just a bra on and carrying her cell phone and bottle. Respectfully disagree, but it just doesn't make sense to me. Time will tell soon enough.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back