GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am going to assume the cause and manner of death has been determined if it was a blow to the head. I'm going to assume it wasn't because if it was there would be an arrest by now.

Does this sound like a mother who thinks her daughter has been murdered & possibly by the husband?

Her mother, Nancy Martin, in a statement said, “It seems so impossible for the extreme sadness and grief we feel as the loss of our beautiful daughter Kat to ever diminish or decease however, the Lord is our hope and our salvation, and he can turn our mourning into comfort. God wants to encourage us and relieve our suffering if we will just go to him at all times. And his word is powerful enough to bring healing and solace even during our darkest hours…My family asks for your prayers and support in our time of loss. My beautiful daughter Kat was not just my daughter but a cherished wife to Jeff, as well as a loving mother to their daughter. So much negativity is out there, but with God all I see and hear is the goodness of my Kat. My family and I ask for help in the services to lay our daughter to rest with the good Lord, to where she will be guiding her daughter and husband through this. If you’re not able to make a donation we ask for prayers.”

Does this sound like a mother who thinks her daughter has been murdered & possibly by the husband?

Her mother, Nancy Martin, in a statement said, “It seems so impossible for the extreme sadness and grief we feel as the loss of our beautiful daughter Kat to ever diminish or decease however, the Lord is our hope and our salvation, and he can turn our mourning into comfort. God wants to encourage us and relieve our suffering if we will just go to him at all times. And his word is powerful enough to bring healing and solace even during our darkest hours…My family asks for your prayers and support in our time of loss. My beautiful daughter Kat was not just my daughter but a cherished wife to Jeff, as well as a loving mother to their daughter. So much negativity is out there, but with God all I see and hear is the goodness of my Kat. My family and I ask for help in the services to lay our daughter to rest with the good Lord, to where she will be guiding her daughter and husband through this. If you’re not able to make a donation we ask for prayers.”
There have been plenty of cases where in laws didn't think the spouse had anything to do with it, but later learn they were wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There have been plenty of cases where in laws didn't think the spouse had anything to do with it, but later learn they were wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not only that but none of us are in a position to guess at what this kind of grief is like for parents and how they choose to handle it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, IMO with this amount of time gone by, and minimal comment from LE, there may be more than one person of interest, and LE is taking the time to get it right with an arrest. A direct reflection of her online presence IMO.

That was written very soon after the murder so she hadn't had much time to process it. She could also be in denial, trying to appease jw for obvious reasons, or know someone else killed her.

Sadly, IMO with this amount of time gone by, and minimal comment from LE, there may be more than one person of interest, and LE is taking the time to get it right with an arrest. A direct reflection of her online presence IMO.

Yep! I definitely think they know what happened since they're being so quit. Only a matter of time for an arrest, imo.

00 % Chance of someone whose name hasn't come up being responsible.
02 % Chance of someone whose name has come up being responsible.
98 % Accidental death.
JMO

He was/is an unarmed security officer. Paul Blart type. But supposedly he has a degree in criminal justice and was supposedly working on his masters. He was prior military. According to someone that knew him in the military, he had been an MP and then switched his mos(job) to recruiter. So, he has knowledge of police procedures.

I figured the statement that the mayor said was coming would be out by now? IMO the number one suspect is still the husband; there are simply too many questions up in the air regarding him. Still wondering if LE's silence means they have suspect(s) and don't want to show their hand, or they're in over their head.

00 % Chance of someone whose name hasn't come up being responsible.
02 % Chance of someone whose name has come up being responsible.
98 % Accidental death.
JMO

How does someone with a fatal wound on the back of their head end up lying face down on the road in an "accident". A fatal blow to the back of the head would result in loss of consciousness. In the street, the only possible accident would be falling and hitting one's head on the curb or pavement. In that case, the person would have been found lying face up.

It's impossible to consider her having an accident in her home, then wandering outside to die. With a fatal head wound, she would have been rendered unconscious immediately and would not have been able to walk outside.

If she were sitting on the curb and been hit by a car, she would have sustained other injuries.

What is your scenario for an accident?

I figured the statement that the mayor said was coming would be out by now? IMO the number one suspect is still the husband; there are simply too many questions up in the air regarding him. Still wondering if LE's silence means they have suspect(s) and don't want to show their hand, or they're in over their head.

Or they know the husband, feel sympathetic towards him and don't want to arrest him. It's happened before in small town USA.

How does someone with a fatal wound on the back of their head end up lying face down on the road in an "accident". A fatal blow to the back of the head would result in loss of consciousness. In the street, the only possible accident would be falling and hitting one's head on the curb or pavement. In that case, the person would have been found lying face up.

It's impossible to consider her having an accident in her home, then wandering outside to die. With a fatal head wound, she would have been rendered unconscious immediately and would not have been able to walk outside.

If she were sitting on the curb and been hit by a car, she would have sustained other injuries.

My nephew came home drunk, fell in the garage, wandered around leaving bloody marks all over the garage before falling for the final time. Whether being found on his back, side or stomach is completely irrelevant.

As far as I know, no official cause or manner of death has been provided. I'm assuming since she was seen drinking at a bar & buying liquor that night, she could have been drunk. Went outside with a liquor bottle & her phone. My nephew sited above fell often when drinking. I'm guessing she fell and died from traumatic brain injury or blood loss or some combination of.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maym
Back