GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WBRC will stream the PC live on their app.

http://m.wbrc.com/story/37566671/police-arrest-husband-in-the-death-of-calera-mother

f60adb3178384aaa7470dc7be7ee38b2.jpg

Blunt force trauma to the head. KW pronounced dead at the scene

Local and state agencies have helped with the investigation

Received the final piece of evidence from department of forensic evidence 2 days ago

JW was a suspect from the start

Cannot give out specific details. Refers that to the DA's office.

A lot of evidence was collected and processed.

They know exactly what happened and have evidence to support that. Providing that information would hinder the investigation.

Daughter was not at the scene the night of the incident.

(from live presser @ https://www.facebook.com/aldotcom/videos/10155199111837483/)

Wow. Husband was always a suspect, but I just had a feeling it was going to be someone else. Like mentioned above, in part I was hoping it wouldn't be the father, for the daughter's sake. So sad. It sounds like the police think they have a very solid case. They said they know exactly what happened. It will be interesting to hear the details when they come out. They have done a good job keeping information to themselves so far.

So the daughter was not at home that night. I had wondered about that because I thought that if she was home, it was unlikely the husband would have been the culprit.
I wonder how intoxicated Jeff and Kate were. We should eventually get her BAC from the autopsy report. But we will never know about him. I still wonder how she ended up outside, with the bottle and phone.

So the daughter was not at home that night. I had wondered about that because I thought that if she was home, it was unlikely the husband would have been the culprit.
I wonder how intoxicated Jeff and Kate were. We should eventually get her BAC from the autopsy report. But we will never know about him. I still wonder how she ended up outside, with the bottle and phone.

Yes, I wish we knew what his BAC was that evening/ early morning. He wasn’t so impaired that he missed his target apparently. His arrest also opens up the idea that he was abusive toward her in the past. Very sad situation. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the article, about the time her body was discovered by the neighbor

About that time, he said, Jeff West walked out of the couple's home and said, "What's going on? That's my wife,'' the witness said.

He was told Kat West was dead and, at that point, Jeff West put his cigarette out in the street and walked back inside. "He didn't cry, didn't show no facial expressions,'' the witness said.

The article says LE talked to him a couple of times during the investigation and he never showed any emotion about his wife's death.

The prosecutor likely made the police test enough evidence and make a thorough investigation so they can have a solid case. It's possible locals on the jury may not want to convict him because "she deserved it" or somesuch.

I didn't see this coming. Has he been charged with first degree or second degree murder?

I think all we have heard so far is "murder." DA should clarify soon. I would imagine there is an initial appearance hearing scheduled for tomorrow. Might get an idea then. I am just guessing but would imagine 2nd degree is most likely.

From the article, about the time her body was discovered by the neighbor

The article says LE talked to him a couple of times during the investigation and he never showed any emotion about his wife's death.

The prosecutor likely made the police test enough evidence and make a thorough investigation so they can have a solid case. It's possible locals on the jury may not want to convict him because "she deserved it" or somesuch.

Why would “locals” not want a murderer prosecuted even if the murder victim’s lifestyle was different from their own? I don’t think the locals are idiots. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember to keep your speculation victim-friendly, please. Kathleen is a homicide victim and her child is also a victim. We don't yet know the motive for this murder or how people in the town feel about her husband being charged with her murder. Please don't speculate about how people in the town "may" feel.

This post lands at random.

I fully expected this outcome, but I'm so heartbroken for that little girl. Prayers to her and the family.

I am interested to hear the motive and exactly how this went down. LE sounds very confident with the level of evidence they have. Good for them. Again wondering if the liquor bottle and cell phone were left outside by him on purpose to stage the scene. Also wondering if this was premeditated in any way or heat of the moment.

Wow. Husband was always a suspect, but I just had a feeling it was going to be someone else. Like mentioned above, in part I was hoping it wouldn't be the father, for the daughter's sake. So sad. It sounds like the police think they have a very solid case. They said they know exactly what happened. It will be interesting to hear the details when they come out. They have done a good job keeping information to themselves so far.

I had a feeling it was someone else too. This is bittersweet for me. I feel so bad for their daughter and his son, but I'm glad Kat will receive justice. Anyways interested in hearing the rest of the details as they come out. I wonder where he killed her. It still baffles me if she was killed outside and no one heard given how close the houses are built. I'm not from Alabama, but I want to college there. I've been to Calera because I have friends that live there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzee2741
Back