GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lets analyze how she wound up where she was found only wearing a sports bra after drinking and buying liquor to take home.

Did she leave her home with someone who killed her and dropped her off across the street from her home like that?
Did someone in the home kill her, bring her outside naked and leave her?
Did she go outside on her own?

How does someone with a fatal wound on the back of their head end up lying face down on the road in an "accident". A fatal blow to the back of the head would result in loss of consciousness. In the street, the only possible accident would be falling and hitting one's head on the curb or pavement. In that case, the person would have been found lying face up.

It's impossible to consider her having an accident in her home, then wandering outside to die. With a fatal head wound, she would have been rendered unconscious immediately and would not have been able to walk outside.

If she were sitting on the curb and been hit by a car, she would have sustained other injuries.

What is your scenario for an accident?

Whatever happened that night, happened with rage. How does it escalate from 1-100 from my speculation of being intimate, to murder. Agree, not an accident.

As far as I know, no official cause or manner of death has been provided. I'm assuming since she was seen drinking at a bar & buying liquor that night, she could have been drunk. Went outside with a liquor bottle & her phone. My nephew sited above fell often when drinking. I'm guessing she fell and died from traumatic brain injury or blood loss or some combination of.

While that may have some small probability, the photos of the street where she was found don't show any blood other than the pool that was under her head. If she fell and hit her head, she only did so once. And then she somehow rolled over onto her stomach while unconscious.

Lets analyze how she wound up where she was found only wearing a sports bra after drinking and buying liquor to take home.

Did she leave her home with someone who killed her and dropped her off across the street from her home like that?

The problem is that because of the lack of information that we have, none of those scenarios really makes much sense. Although, almost certainly, one of those three is indeed what happened. I'm a little surprised we haven't heard more from friends of the couple or other people they knew. Maybe those people have spoken and I just haven't seen it.

I figured the statement that the mayor said was coming would be out by now? IMO the number one suspect is still the husband; there are simply too many questions up in the air regarding him. Still wondering if LE's silence means they have suspect(s) and don't want to show their hand, or they're in over their head.

I think I remember reading that local LE had consulted with outside forces on this case. When all the dust settles, and charges are laid, I think good policing will prevail. There's clearly a reason LE hasn't issued a presser yet. A murder case local to myself went cold for 4yrs, until it was reassigned to a different detective who was successful getting a 2nd degree conviction on circumstantial evidence. I worked with the perpetrator. Hopefully justice is served in Calera.

One scenario:

She got into an argument with someone in her home, probably while sleeping or definitely undressed. She was then chased or ran out of the home and was followed by someone who then struck her in the head with an object and killed her.

I think I remember reading that local LE had consulted with outside forces on this case. When all the dust settles, and charges are laid, I think good policing will prevail. There's clearly a reason LE hasn't issued a presser yet. A murder case local to myself went cold for 4yrs, until it was reassigned to a different detective who was successful getting a 2nd degree conviction on circumstantial evidence. I worked with the perpetrator. Hopefully justice is served in Calera.

This could also be a factor. If it appears the husband did it, given it's a small town and he's a veteran, friend of many, etc. the prosecutor may feel a local jury would let him off. They may be getting outside help to buttress their case.

This almost sounds like a situation where even the victim's family might take the husband's side because they don't want to see their child lose both parents. That's wrong, of course, but it's happened many times before. Such people often tell themselves its ok to let the husband off because "sending him to jail won't bring her back". SMH, but that's what may be happening here.

I figured the statement that the mayor said was coming would be out by now? IMO the number one suspect is still the husband; there are simply too many questions up in the air regarding him. Still wondering if LE's silence means they have suspect(s) and don't want to show their hand, or they're in over their head.

They could have meant business days, and it hasn't been 10 business days yet.

As far as I know, no official cause or manner of death has been provided. I'm assuming since she was seen drinking at a bar & buying liquor that night, she could have been drunk. Went outside with a liquor bottle & her phone. My nephew sited above fell often when drinking. I'm guessing she fell and died from traumatic brain injury or blood loss or some combination of.
Why hasn't it been ruled an accident already? The injuries would show accident. They wouldn't need the toxicology report. You can fall sober.

Also how do you explain the bottle being set on top of the phone as if it was placed there. Was she so drunk she went outside almost nude, but had enough coordination to place her phone and bottle like that? Then she fell right beside it? That sounds highly unlikely.

Why hasn't it been ruled an accident already? The injuries would show accident. They wouldn't need the toxicology report. You can fall sober.

Also how do you explain the bottle being set on top of the phone as if it was placed there. Was she so drunk she went outside almost nude, but had enough coordination to place her phone and bottle like that? Then she fell right beside it? That sounds highly unlikely.

I agree it sounds unlikely, but makes more sense than any other scenario I've seen. I don't see the husband chasing her out of the house with the liquor bottle & phone, hitting her over the head, leaving her there & returning home.

Rage is an emotion. Not knowing the cause or manner of death, on what do you base this?

Clearly a mysterious violent death, this was not an accident, based on nothing but pure speculation. Rage can easily lead to violence, we see it in our everyday media world. All MOO.

Clearly a mysterious violent death, this was not an accident, based on nothing but pure speculation. Rage can easily lead to violence, we see it in our everyday media world. All MOO.

At this point all we can do is speculate. I can speculate it was an accident based on what we know & you can speculate it was something else. No problem. Hopefully we will eventually find out whose speculation was more accurate.

Yes! So good to finally get a break in this case.

I know many were expecting JW to be the one who killed her, but I can honestly say I’m surprised. I didn’t think it was going to be him. Or perhaps my heart didn’t want it to be him because now an innocent little girl has lost both of her parents.

Well, no surprise there (except for the length of time it took to arrest him).

He didn't afford her any dignity, even in death, just left her like a piece of trash lying in the road half naked. So disgusting.

About that time, he said, Jeff West walked out of the couple's home and said, "What's going on? That's my wife,'' the witness said.

He was told Kat West was dead and, at that point, Jeff West put his cigarette out in the street and walked back inside. "He didn't cry, didn't show no facial expressions,'' the witness said.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/husband_of_kat_west_charged_wi.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzee2741
Back