GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't understand what you mean that the Good Ole Network is alive & well. What is the relevance to this case? tia

His status as some sort of officer keeping him from being investigated thoroughly, receiving lighter charges, etc. This is something all too common in small Alabama towns.

His status as some sort of officer keeping him from being investigated thoroughly, receiving lighter charges, etc. This is something all too common in small Alabama towns.

I tip my hat to the Calera police with their presser. The evidence will present itself over time, but looks like they feel very confident with what happened that night, with cell phone extracted evidence (which was probably deleted by husband that night, JMO)

What evidence can you give that he wasn't investigated thoroughly?

I didn't say HE wasn't investigated thoroughly. I said I was afraid he wouldn't be. When you asked me to clarify, I was just saying what is typically seen in towns where the Good Ole Network is prevalent and what I feared might happen at the beginning because of his status as some sort of officer. It happens wayyyy too often in this state. I feared Calera might be that way, but clearly it wasn't an issue in this case, since they got him, and he's being charged appropriately.

There has been some discussion about the bottle being used as the weapon, which I believe the police confirmed. Some have wondered if it would be strong enough to cause a fatal blow. One thing occurred to me last night. We have been assuming the bottle was held by the neck and swung like a bat, hitting her head with the side of the bottle. But what if husband held the bottle by the neck the other way, swinging down on her head in a stabbing motion, hitting her head with the bottom of the bottle. You could deliver a lot more force that way AND the bottom would likely leave a tell-tale circular wound that would make it immediately clear it wasn't an accident and what the weapon was. Just a thought.

As for charges, I am surprised if there hasn't been an initial appearance in court yet. That usually happens within 24 hours of arrest or next business day. Maybe it has happened and we just didn't hear. Otherwise, there should be an official Arraignment probably by next week. Charges will be read there and he will officially enter a plea. But states have procedures that are somewhat different.

One thing that really bothers me about the known evidence in this case so far is the presumed staging (JMO). I mean, really who presumably kills their wife in a domestic, presumably inside the residence, then goes to great lengths to secretly carry her body outside and dump her across the street, dead already, and leaves her undressed in a pool of blood. Then presumably watching from his window, comes outside after she's discovered, and says "what's going on, that's my wife" flicks his cigarette out with no emotion, and walks back into the house. That rates pretty 'effing low on my moral compass. Hope justice is served in this case.

Agreed, Stratocaster. I am very interested to know how she ended up across the street, nearly nude, with the phone and bottle. Was she running away with her phone? and he caught up to her with the bottle? Seems odd. Is there gravel or dirt on her feet? If she was scared enough to run out of the house naked, wouldn't she be screaming or yelling for help? The neighbors heard nothing. If he killed her in the house, why take her across the street? I just can't quite figure this out. But maybe he was just really drunk in which case we shouldn't try to make it make sense.

Agreed, Stratocaster. I am very interested to know how she ended up across the street, nearly nude, with the phone and bottle. Was she running away with her phone? and he caught up to her with the bottle? Seems odd. Is there gravel or dirt on her feet? If she was scared enough to run out of the house naked, wouldn't she be screaming or yelling for help? The neighbors heard nothing. If he killed her in the house, why take her across the street? I just can't quite figure this out. But maybe he was just really drunk in which case we shouldn't try to make it make sense.

I believe a statement was released from LE that they knew her time of death was on the 12th. This would have come from the autopsy report. So it looks like there's at least five or six hours that went by and no 911 call is made from him. I personally don't think she ran out of the house, and was killed at the residence somewhere between 9pm, just after liquor store time stamp and midnight. I also remember reading about husband's initial statement, and failing to tell LE they stopped to get liquor, just at a sports bar, then home. What's the reason for ********ing, hmmmm

I agree with Stratocaster. If the police are saying she was murdered on the 12th then they're basing it on autopsy results. I'm guessing he killed her and waited to move her until the wee hours of the morning. The choice to leave her so close to home and with the murder weapon right next to her is incredibly dumb. My only thought to this is either he was drunk and not thinking straight or was hoping to make it look like she had a drunken accident. Leaving her nude was a weird choice. I think it'd probably LOOK more like an accident if she'd been fully clothed.

Again just wondering how much of this, if any, was planned ahead of time.

I agree with Stratocaster. If the police are saying she was murdered on the 12th then they're basing it on autopsy results. I'm guessing he killed her and waited to move her until the wee hours of the morning. The choice to leave her so close to home and with the murder weapon right next to her is incredibly dumb. My only thought to this is either he was drunk and not thinking straight or was hoping to make it look like she had a drunken accident. Leaving her nude was a weird choice. I think it'd probably LOOK more like an accident if she'd been fully clothed.

Again just wondering how much of this, if any, was planned ahead of time.

Will be interesting if pre-meditation comes up with prosecution side in court. One thing is for certain IMO, with twenty plus years serving military, and his police training, the accused has had plenty of instruction of how to tactically/psychologically out think his opponent, hence imo the elaborate staging. Too bad a head full of hard liquor, and forensics got in the way.

I am guessing against premeditation, at least any beyond a few minutes. If he had seriously premeditated to murder his wife, given his LE experience, he could have come up something better than this. He almost couldn't have come up with anything worse! I think he is just a jerk that got drunk and something made him mad and he lashed out because he has no control. Where it happened I am unsure. But, if he killed her in the house, then waited several hours to move her to the street, I don't think there would have been that big blood pool by her body. I'm thinking (60%) that she died in the street where she was found. Although can't quite figure out how that all went down.

I am guessing against premeditation, at least any beyond a few minutes. If he had seriously premeditated to murder his wife, given his LE experience, he could have come up something better than this. He almost couldn't have come up with anything worse! I think he is just a jerk that got drunk and something made him mad and he lashed out because he has no control. Where it happened I am unsure. But, if he killed her in the house, then waited several hours to move her to the street, I don't think there would have been that big blood pool by her body. I'm thinking (60%) that she died in the street where she was found. Although can't quite figure out how that all went down.

My theory would be he hit in the head inside, she runs out of the house, he chases her, she falls from her injuries. He may not know she is dead but goes back inside. Just moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I feel like this was probably a crazy *advertiser censored* drunk brawl...she runs out the door with her phone and he chases her and hits her in the head. Probably not premeditated just a spur of the moment drunken fight?

For some reason I feel like this was probably a crazy *advertiser censored* drunk brawl...she runs out the door with her phone and he chases her and hits her in the head. Probably not premeditated just a spur of the moment drunken fight?

Could be but then why didn’t he show any remorse when the neighbor found her outside & his actions thereafter?

One thing that really bothers me about the known evidence in this case so far is the presumed staging (JMO). I mean, really who presumably kills their wife in a domestic, presumably inside the residence, then goes to great lengths to secretly carry her body outside and dump her across the street, dead already, and leaves her undressed in a pool of blood. Then presumably watching from his window, comes outside after she's discovered, and says "what's going on, that's my wife" flicks his cigarette out with no emotion, and walks back into the house. That rates pretty 'effing low on my moral compass. Hope justice is served in this case.

Exactly.....

I agree with others...sure a bad booze spurred fight could have gotten out of hand...but his uncaring, apathetic demeanor afterwords sure won't help him in court.

I have no doubt that LE canvassed the block to ask perrmission to use their security camera footage (if any) to help in their case...maybe that's what they meant when they said that they know exactly what happened.... we'll see.

I agree with others...sure a bad booze spurred fight could have gotten out of hand...but his uncaring, apathetic demeanor afterwords sure won't help him in court.

I have no doubt that LE canvassed the block to ask perrmission to use their security camera footage (if any) to help in their case...maybe that's what they meant when they said that they know exactly what happened.... we'll see.

Yes agree, looks like upscale newer homes, and upscale newer homes often have the latest in security systems. IIRC there was an ADT security sign on the front of their home from the pics. Hope this case doesn't progress with some dream team of defense lawyers force feeding us about the hundred year history of Absinthe, and it's hallucinating hypnotizing powers.

Honestly, I now think this is the most likely scenario. Its just that its hard to accept because its just so meaningless. As for his cold demeanor when her body is found.... maybe just shock or maybe its just that he is a jerk. If he had planned to murder her, he would have given a good performance of a grieving spouse.

My theory would be he hit in the head inside, she runs out of the house, he chases her, she falls from her injuries. He may not know she is dead but goes back inside. Just moo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's kinda what I'm guessing. I have to wonder if it was reckless but not necessarily purposeful and then he also just didn't really care. From the limited information I know about this case, I don't really..."relate" to either of them, so Idk but am very curious to see how it pans out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back