GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His status as some sort of officer keeping him from being investigated thoroughly, receiving lighter charges, etc. This is something all too common in small Alabama towns.

That typically applies to people with old money or a high position in politics. Good old boy network would not apply to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That typically applies to people with old money or a high position in politics. Good old boy network would not apply to him.

I'll go with "small town police corruption" then.

Birmingham lawyer John Robbins, who represents Jeff West on the murder charge, said they will be looking into Kat West's "double life," among other things, to see how her "other" lifestyle is connected to her death.

Still trying to push this "double life" narrative. Sick of it.

(source)

(source)

First off, thank you for the source link. How can the attorney promote this double life narrative and then immediately follow it with "the husband knew of her online activities and was not jealous". That means it wasn't a double life. Also good to know the first court room hearing will be March 21st. From his attorney's statements I guess he's pleading not guilty; but they're saying the evidence is circumstantial? Credit to LE for keeping mum. I'm guessing they have some very strong evidence that they don't want out before the trial.

Premeditation can be formed in an instant. I'm there. I don't think it was 2nd degree. JMHO.

That’s not exactly accurate.

“PREMEDITATION
With planning or deliberation. The amount of time needed for premeditation regarding an act depends on the person and the circumstances. It must be long enough, after forming the intent to act, for the person to have been fully conscious of the intent and to have considered the act.

A design formed to commit a crime or to do some other thing before it is done.

Premeditation differs essentially from will, which constitutes the crime, because it supposes besides an actual will, a deliberation and a continued persistance which indicate more perversity. The preparation of arms or other instruments required for the execution of the crime, are indications of a premeditation, but are not absolute proof of it, as these preparations may have been intended for other purposes, and then suddenly changed to the performance of the criminal act. Murder by poisoning must of necessity be done with premeditation.”

https://www.lectlaw.com/def2/p075.htm

First off, thank you for the source link. How can the attorney promote this double life narrative and then immediately follow it with "the husband knew of her online activities and was not jealous". That means it wasn't a double life.

respectfully snipped for focus

If there was an "Amen" smiley available, I'd be using it right now, but in lieu of that: A-M-E-N.

(source)

Exactly! And if it was really a boozy accident as he claims than the double life has absolutely nothing to do with it, right?

This guy can't get his story straight, couldn't even act like he cared she was dead, what a loser!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, I have to agree. The "double life" thing doesn't work and could backfire on him. Not to mention its just insulting to Kathleen. He clearly was not only aware of her online activities but I would say clearly was involved in them completely. I'm really interested in what Jeff told police about that night.

Good Ole Boy from Webster’s Dictionary lol

Definition of good old boy

: a usually white Southerner who conforms to the values, culture, or behavior of his peers

: a usually white Southerner who conforms to the values, culture, or behavior of his peers

Neither of Kat or her Hubs would fit in to this. Living in the Deep South in a very similar neighborhood and being raised here I can tell you that thy would have been gossip fodder and likely shunned to a certain extent.

Neither of Kat or her Hubs would fit in to this. Living in the Deep South in a very similar neighborhood and being raised here I can tell you that thy would have been gossip fodder and likely shunned to a certain extent.

I agree:) Just surprised there was an actual definition in Webster’s for that term.

It seems to me that the police have handled this all extremely well. Kept a tight lid on it. Gathered evidence and got the guy.

Yes, I agree. Again, when I mentioned it, I was talking about what I feared (JMO from my own experience in small town AL). Not what actually happened here though. Quoting myself from a few pages back (BBM):

I feared Calera might be that way, but clearly it wasn't an issue in this case, since they got him, and he's being charged appropriately.

Born in the Deep South as well, and will probably die in the Deep South. With a banjo on my knee. :angel:

Yes, I agree. Again, when I mentioned it, I was talking about what I feared (JMO from my own experience in small town AL). Not what actually happened here though. Quoting myself from a few pages back (BBM):

Born in the Deep South as well, and will probably die in the Deep South. With a banjo on my knee. :angel:

Which part of Bama? I don’t qualify as official small town cause it’s Mobile but I’ve been surrounded by the legal field all of my life. My husband is from a tiny town called Grove Hill and that place......

Which part of Bama? I don’t qualify as official small town cause it’s Mobile but I’ve been surrounded by the legal field all of my life. My husband is from a tiny town called Grove Hill and that place......

OMG! I am very familiar with Grove Hill lol. Jackson/Walker Springs here. Spent a few years in Monroeville too, but that's a real town compared to Walker Springs. :crazy:

OMG! I am very familiar with Grove Hill lol. Jackson/Walker Springs here. Spent a few years in Monroeville too, but that's a real town compared to Walker Springs. :crazy:

My mothernlaws from Monroeville.

Also I’ve never heard of walker springs so that says a lot about it lol

I know it's popular to turn the husband into an evil monster on this thread, but I'll take a different tack. Everything I have seen has painted Kat & Jeff as a loving, happy couple. Her death was a terrible tragedy. We don't know the details of her death & until we do I'll at least consider that it was due to alcohol & that the husband is not some monster.

I know it's popular to turn the husband into an evil monster on this thread, but I'll take a different tack. Everything I have seen has painted Kat & Jeff as a loving, happy couple. Her death was a terrible tragedy. We don't know the details of her death & until we do I'll at least consider that it was due to alcohol & that the husband is not some monster.

bwt, that is true. From all reports I have seen, they seemed to be a happy couple. I recall one neighbor said he heard an argument once, but that is nothing out of the ordinary. But something certainly went haywire with him that night. I think some of opinion of him comes from his appearance in most of the photos we have seen, where he seem to be rather cold, and the offensive shirt he was wearing in the Christmas photo. Additionally, he seems to have just left his wife out in the street to die. Who does that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back