GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Btw. A comatose drunk that passes out is not going to wake up and immediately smoke a cigarette.

I also wonder if he was sober enough to get fully dressed when smoking that cigarette ?

You pass out after several hours of drinking on date night. But your wife is naked and you was able to find your pajamas? Smh

I totally agree with this ^^
I was a heavy drinker for years and that’s when I also smoked cigarettes. Blah - between the dry mouth and pounding headache that both alone make me definitely not want to smoke a cigarette upon waking up.
My thought is he never fell asleep after killing her. He likely stayed somewhere inside where he watched and waited for someone to discover her. Maybe in his mind making a brief appearance on scene was a way to establish himself as uninvolved. I can see him sitting there for a long time and the adrenaline and anticipation wore off and so when he went outside he had little to no reaction. Maybe by the time she was finally discovered he had sobered up enough to realize what he did.

At the very beginning his Facebook was more public. He has locked it down since. But he had quite a few memes that were disturbing to me in hindsight. He comes off as an introvert who has a chip on his shoulder. Most of them were macho type “I’m a trained sniper” type bs. I’m not sure what my point is lol. Just find it interesting that he felt the need to put that on his SM pretty frequently yet he’s a married man with a beautiful home, wife and daughter. What’s the need/point to put that front on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumping. Have we seen or heard any specifics about his military career yet?

He was an Army MP that then became a recruiter. We have two former MP's in our family. They do NOT go through sniper training. They learn basic warrior skills and use of firearms, military/civil laws, and jurisdiction, investigating and collecting evidence, traffic and crowd control, security, mobility support operations, and arrest and restraint of suspects.

The Military Police also train in non-lethal and lethal capabilities if needed to secure locations important to our military operations. Operations also include peacekeeping, disaster relief, and teaming up with foreign military and civilian law enforcement depending upon the location of the base military operations being conducted. Taking out the enemy as a sniper is NOT an MP duty.

In the US Army, in THEORY, an MP or a Cav Scout could go through the Army's sniper course. However, their unit would have to pay for the school, and since MP and Cav units have no need for snipers, I sincerely doubt his unit was going to expend limited training funds for that. It just doesn't happen. The advanced MOS 31 Career Field Training within the Army for military police training that IS offered to MP's is to become a Crime Scene Investigator. If you qualify, you can also obtain the 31K MOS and become a Dog Handler with a Military Working Dog (WMD) and learn a variety of skills such as Drug patrol, Explosives patrol, Law and Order operations, Installation Force Protection, VIP support, and Customs support. Those people, however, usually don't leave the military to serve as a campus cop so he may not have had the advanced trained.

He may have been an outstanding officer, but he's no more sniper trained than I am.

He was an Army MP that then became a recruiter. We have two former MP's in our family. They do NOT go through sniper training. They learn basic warrior skills and use of firearms, military/civil laws, and jurisdiction, investigating and collecting evidence, traffic and crowd control, security, mobility support operations, and arrest and restraint of suspects.

The Military Police also train in non-lethal and lethal capabilities if needed to secure locations important to our military operations. Operations also include peacekeeping, disaster relief, and teaming up with foreign military and civilian law enforcement depending upon the location of the base military operations being conducted. Taking out the enemy as a sniper is NOT an MP duty.

In the US Army, in THEORY, an MP or a Cav Scout could go through the Army's sniper course. However, their unit would have to pay for the school, and since MP and Cav units have no need for snipers, I sincerely doubt his unit was going to expend limited training funds for that. It just doesn't happen. The advanced MOS 31 Career Field Training within the Army for military police training that IS offered to MP's is to become a Crime Scene Investigator. If you qualify, you can also obtain the 31K MOS and become a Dog Handler with a Military Working Dog (WMD) and learn a variety of skills such as Drug patrol, Explosives patrol, Law and Order operations, Installation Force Protection, VIP support, and Customs support. Those people, however, usually don't leave the military to serve as a campus cop so he may not have had the advanced trained.

He may have been an outstanding officer, but he's no more sniper trained than I am.

I'm not sure where anyone has said anything about him being a sniper? Maybe I missed that comment. I certainly wasn't insinuating that.

What I was wondering about is if he was in any combat (curious if he had PTSD) and if he was honorably discharged.

I saw one picture online from the inside of their house, and there's a fully stocked liquor bar with all the trinkets. These two were veteran drinkers IMO.

Nah, not really.
I have a fully stocked bar.......because I only drink wine or beer.

Most brands of Absinthe made in the US are not real nor are they made with wormwood. Also as a recovering alcoholic going on 17 years now I can tell you that I could be comatose and still find a way to smoke a cigarette...

Most brands of Absinthe made in the US are not real nor are they made with wormwood. Also as a recovering alcoholic going on 17 years now I can tell you that I could be comatose and still find a way to smoke a cigarette...

Ditto. 11 years sober here, and my nicotine addiction had no problem keeping up with my heavy drinking! My cigarettes and lighter were the very first things I reached for, no matter how awful I felt. :greetings:

Interview with John Robbins, attorney for Jeff West this morning on a local Birmingham station.
http://bit.ly/2Ftki1J?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_CBS_42

Perhaps some of the lawyers here can clear up this interview for me. Is it normal for an attorney to do interviews when he's not seen the LE reports or autopsy results? That seems strange to me. I figure that would be where you would go first and foremost. Also he seemed to tiptoe around the question of where JW was while Kat was murdered.

I just watched the above linked video with the attorney and here’s my takeaway:
He served 21 years in the military with honorable discharge. Works in security for a college and has no criminal record. So how on earth could this man be capable?? (Sarcasm)
And the wife had a lucrative online adult website that may have attracted some stalker who did this.

Seriously?

He served 21 years in the military with honorable discharge. Works in security for a college and has no criminal record. So how on earth could this man be capable?? (Sarcasm)
And the wife had a lucrative online adult website that may have attracted some stalker who did this.

Seriously?

I figured they'd 'throw that in there' about his military experience, as long as he got an honorable discharge, which according to his lawyer, he did.
I have a horrible feeling we are going to see her character assassinated and his touted as spectacular.
They're setting it up already.

Perhaps some of the lawyers here can clear up this interview for me. Is it normal for an attorney to do interviews when he's not seen the LE reports or autopsy results? That seems strange to me. I figure that would be where you would go first and foremost. Also he seemed to tiptoe around the question of where JW was while Kat was murdered.

It is a little unusual, but not overly so. When all the press has been bad about a defendant, sometimes a defense attorney may feel he needs to get a little bit of his client's version of the story out there for people to see. It is sort of depends upon the style of the defense attorney. I don't think this defense attorney said anything that hurts the case. He was pretty careful to not say anything that might paint him into a corner.

I

Seriously?

i hope they don;t try to use the PTSD defense. He spent the last 13 years of his career as a recruiter, never on deployment.

This crime probably would of never have happened, if they didn't pay a visit to the liquor store, jmo

I'm not sure where anyone has said anything about him being a sniper? Maybe I missed that comment. I certainly wasn't insinuating that.

What I was wondering about is if he was in any combat (curious if he had PTSD) and if he was honorably discharged.

The husband stated on social media that he was a "trained sniper"

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/03/kat_wests_husband_jeff_west_in.html

That's just a story about the indictment, but with a little more backstory in case any new readers are confused. It also has a quote from the defense attorney saying the state "snuck off" to do the indictment since they are "scared to have their evidence cross-examined".

Anyone know when the trial will start? In any case I'm glad that justice is being served for Kathleen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outsidecreativ
Back