GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It makes me wonder if this is nothing more than a tragic accident.

If she was intoxicated than maybe she accidentally slipped and hit her head.

If her husband did anything to her than why did he just leave her body out in the open where anyone could find her?

It makes no sense. Jmo.

That doesn't sound very plausible given the description from the neighbor who found her. The only injury he saw was a large, bloody wound to the back of her head. She was laying face down, half in the street, half on the curb. Seems pretty unlikely that someone could fall and sustain a severe head injury on the back of their head, then be able to roll over on their stomach. Usually, when you sustain a fatal blow to the head you're not capable of rolling over onto your stomach.

It sounds like she was struck from behind, either with a weapon or possibly a gunshot, then fell and died where she was found. The neighbor also said the cell phone and liquor bottle were placed some distance away from where she fell. It's not specific, but it sounds like it wasn't within arms length.

If she had been struck by a car, she would have sustained other wounds. There likely would have been other evidence at the scene. One can also assume LE would have an answer by now for COD if it was simply an accident.

For now, I'm going with the statistics and probability. So far everything in this case implies the husband killed her in a fit of rage. LE should have enough evidence by now to determine whether or not the husband was the killer. Regardless of her hobbies and lifestyle, no one deserves to be murdered in cold blood.

RSBM.....but why dart out in nothing but a sports bra ?

Being silly and intoxicated? I see from her SM that she loved animals, maybe she saw one in distress or was chasing a dog or cat that got out of the house?
I’m not fully convinced it was a hit and run. I’m perplexed at where she was found. Her head was in the road and body in the yard of the neighbor across the street. It would appear that she was headed towards her home. So she wasn’t running from her house...at least it doesn’t look like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going with the obvious here as well.

I'm still keeping an open mind, after all the victim has a high risk profile due to her activities.

But the evidence we know of thus far doesn't seem to indicate involvement of another person. Nude from the waist down, outside her own home, death from some kind of injury to the back of the head (IOW, not self-inflicted), alleged "date night" with husband, etc. It's also interesting that LE hasn't confirmed if the husband was at home that night. If he wasn't home and had a good alibi, it would be fairly easy for them to rule him out as a suspect.

That doesn't sound very plausible given the description from the neighbor who found her. The only injury he saw was a large, bloody wound to the back of her head. She was laying face down, half in the street, half on the curb. Seems pretty unlikely that someone could fall and sustain a severe head injury on the back of their head, then be able to roll over on their stomach. Usually, when you sustain a fatal blow to the head you're not capable of rolling over onto your stomach.

It sounds like she was struck from behind, either with a weapon or possibly a gunshot, then fell and died where she was found. The neighbor also said the cell phone and liquor bottle were placed some distance away from where she fell. It's not specific, but it sounds like it wasn't within arms length.

If she had been struck by a car, she would have sustained other wounds. There likely would have been other evidence at the scene. One can also assume LE would have an answer by now for COD if it was simply an accident.

For now, I'm going with the statistics and probability. So far everything in this case implies the husband killed her in a fit of rage. LE should have enough evidence by now to determine whether or not the husband was the killer. Regardless of her hobbies and lifestyle, no one deserves to be murdered in cold blood.

I wonder if some of the neighbors got wind of her online activities and was furious about it. So if she was out walking at night some crazy from the neighborhood may have thought this was the perfect time to attack her with no one seeing them. They could have stripped her down except her bra they may have thought took too much time to take off but so she would be found almost naked wanting to humiliate her.

I keep thinking of all of the shows I watch on ID called 'Neighbor Next Door."

I don't see anything suspicious at this time about her husband not speaking out publicly while letting the investigators do their jobs. Most family members of murdered victims have become painfully aware now of how cruel the internet masses can be and even those in the same community who don't even know the victim or the families.

I have seen many innocent family members speak out in the media only to be attacked viciously for doing so. So I can see why he may be hesitant to do so in the world we live in now. He knows no amount of pleading is going to solve this case or make the murderer turn themselves into LE. It is always solely up to LE to find who murdered the victim and I am sure LE has asked that any tips anyone has to please call them.

I just hope they can solve it. It may take more time since they will have to investigate anyone who may have been on her contact list and rule them out one by one. I would like to know if she had any trouble or threats in her own neighborhood before this or even maybe where they use to live.

Actually the statistics state out of approximately 3500 adult females who are murdered every year it was less than 33% of the time when it was done by their spouse. Iirc, the homicide rates have steadily declined the last couple of years where male spouses were involved in the murder of their spouse. It may be even lower than 33%. I will try to search for the data when I have more time.

JMO

If I was going out for a smoke and a drink with no underwear, I would go to the backyard not to be seen by the neighbours - also she was across the street with her cell phone and the bottle - the police call it homicide and they must have good reasons.

Maybe in her drunken stupor she fled the house wearing only the sports bra, on her way to a neighbors house to get help but succumbed to her head injury before reaching the neighbors house?

I thought about that too, but then: who set down the phone and bottle? (Assuming they were neatly stacked, placed deliberately.)

Obviously someone hit her on the back of her head or shot her, dumped her there and put her phone and green liquor bottle beside her. I still think it was someone who drover her there and did not want anything of her's in his car thus putting the cell phone and bottle there.

Time to talk about absinth, is the green fairy. It causes hallucinations. Has it been verified that's what the bottle is?

Myself I do not think the husband did it, he looks like an oddball for sure and I wonder how he managed to get her, BUT I do believe he knew good and well of her activities and was most likely the cameraman for most of the shots, I guess if he had that much hatred, yeah he could have done it

Time to talk about absinth, is the green fairy. It causes hallucinations. Has it been verified that's what the bottle is?

That's a myth. Modern Absinthe is tightly regulated with regard to Thujone levels, and numerous historic Absinthe have been analyzed by gas chromatography and determined to have not contained anywhere near hallucinogenic levels of anything. Historic (and some modern artisinal ones) Absinthe was a very high proof spirit, as in 120-140 proof or 60-70% alcohol by volume, or more, and the current research suggests people were just getting super-drunk, and that was responsible for any perceived craziness on the part of imbibers.

Research summarized here: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/email/html/cen_86_i18_8618sci2.html

Can you even get "real" absinthe in the states?

ETA: Just did a quick google search and the answer is apparently yes.

Yes. It has only recently been legal to import and sell in the US. I tried it first in New Orleans, in a true absinthe bar. It is prepared in an unusual manner. Yes, enough of it will make you hallucinate as it has wormwood in it. Drinking it is called "dancing with the green fairy". IMO is it nasty tasting and I ended up giving my drink to a homeless guy in the French Quarter.

That's a myth. Modern Absinthe is tightly regulated with regard to Thujone levels, and numerous historic Absinthe have been analyzed by gas chromatography and determined to have not contained anywhere near hallucinogenic levels of anything. Historic (and some modern artisinal ones) Absinthe was a very high proof spirit, as in 120-140 proof or 60-70% alcohol by volume, or more, and the current research suggests people were just getting super-drunk, and that was responsible for any perceived craziness on the part of imbibers.

Research summarized here: http://pubs.acs.org/cen/email/html/cen_86_i18_8618sci2.html

Thanks, I've read the same thing. I did some research when considering buying it as a birthday gift for someone. My husband, who traveled to Europe and lived in Asia as a teen in the 70's said he tried it then and said it's stronger than what you're allowed to buy in the US today. Not that he's drank any in the last 30 yrs or so, haha. Too old for that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back