GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hope justice is served for KW, and not some lawyer concocted Lucid absinthe temporary insanity plea.

This is why I think it might have been premeditated. I'm not sure if they were regular drinkers but I can't help but wonder if he thought getting her super drunk would make it easier - both with logistics and with a cover up story. The fact that he posted that fb pic of the absinthe, left the liquor bottle outside and according to some news stories (like the one on Fox) he was insisting (to his friends/family) she died "as a result of a boozy accident". To me it all just looks like he's trying to blame alcohol again and again.

I’d assume whatever that evidence is, it was what they were waiting on when they said they would have information in 7-10 days. My guess is they were waiting for Dna results. Possibly from the murder weapon?

c4ed10df855bdddd9db1876d442b3eb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That timeline is pretty accurate. Having worked as federal LEO for years, my colleagues and I would always laugh when on TV, they'd get the DNA back in about 10 minutes.

That timeline is pretty accurate. Having worked as federal LEO for years, my colleagues and I would always laugh when on TV, they'd get the DNA back in about 10 minutes.

and don't forget to always looking fashionable at death/crime scenes:
hell why wear white scrubs/booties/gear like most pros do (even on 'messy' scenes)
when instead you can look so cool wearing armani, gucci etc...too funny..no wonder
i never watched those shows.

This is why I think it might have been premeditated. I'm not sure if they were regular drinkers but I can't help but wonder if he thought getting her super drunk would make it easier - both with logistics and with a cover up story. The fact that he posted that fb pic of the absinthe, left the liquor bottle outside and according to some news stories (like the one on Fox) he was insisting (to his friends/family) she died "as a result of a boozy accident". To me it all just looks like he's trying to blame alcohol again and again.

I hadn't heard that he had been saying it was an accident. I would have never suspected a 3rd party if I had known that. I wonder how you accidentally smash someone's head with a bottle of booze.
I am guessing they were experienced drinkers since they bought Jameson and Absinthe. I don't get the feeling it was really premeditated and thought out. I get the feeling they were drunk and argued, perhaps over postings on her website or maybe responses she got. He snapped.

If they say she was killed on the 12th, then imo he carried her out in the wee hours of the night, and staged the scene, possibly to look like she was dropped off because that's what I thought. JMO if he had done that at midnight or before, husband might be thinking he would get spotted by neighbours/dogs barking of people staying up a little later on Friday night. For him to discard his wife's body in the manner that he did, and being the mother of his daughter, it appears there was something that sent him into a frenzied rage that night, all brought to the surface with hard alcohol.

I hadn't heard that he had been saying it was an accident. I would have never suspected a 3rd party if I had known that. I wonder how you accidentally smash someone's head with a bottle of booze.
I am guessing they were experienced drinkers since they bought Jameson and Absinthe. I don't get the feeling it was really premeditated and thought out. I get the feeling they were drunk and argued, perhaps over postings on her website or maybe responses she got. He snapped.

Has it been confirmed that a liquor bottle was what caused the blunt force trauma?

Yes it has been, as per MSM. What I don't get is.......how could you hit someone with a booze bottle hard enough to cause such a significant injury (plus the amount of blood reported on the road) and the bottle not break?

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2018/02/kat_west_killed_with_bottle_of.html
It boggles me also but I've seen it in another case too - Faith Hedgepeth. There are disturbing pictures of a bacardi bottle covered in blood.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Let's stay on topic, please, everyone. The topic is the murder of Kathleen West. It doesn't matter who thought her husband killed her or who thought this was an accident, or whatever. What matters is that a child has lost her mother forever because her mother was murdered. Police have charged Kathleen's husband with murder. Let's focus on justice for Kathleen and her daughter.

This post lands at random.

Ugh, had a feeling about he husband and the bottle. Here's the thing - some liquor bottles are made of REALLY thick glass so they wouldn't necessarily break upon contact. That being said, I think he would have had to strike her multiple times and/or HARD to result in death. Poor Kat. I still can't understand why he placed the murder weapon there.. it's almost like this was a message of some sort

With injuries to the head, you never know. A blow to the wrong place doesn’t even need to be that strong. Intracranial bleeding can be fatal. People have dropped dead from a punch from a fist, or a bump on the head that didn’t seem very serious. (Actress Natasha Richardson died hours after brushing off a bump to her head while skiing. She didn’t think it needed medical attention!)

And,conversely, head wounds can bleed a LOT and be just a tiny superficial cut with no serious injury to the skull or its contents.

I think he was probably chasing after her, and wanted to get the phone away from her, so she couldn't call for help. After she fell, he took the phone from her and laid down his weapon (the bottle) and checked to see if she was still alive. After he realized he killed her, he probably didn't know what to do - he could have called for help, but didn't, he could have covered her up, or carried her into the house, but didn't do that either.

I don't know if they tested him for intoxication (they should have) but he wasn't doing anything that made sense to us, because he was probably intoxicated and not thinking logically.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back