AL - Mass shooting at teen’s birthday party, 20 + shot, 4 + dead, Dadeville, 14 Apr 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The suspects will have an Aniah’s Law bond hearing within 72 hours, Segrest said. The case could then go to a grand jury.

Prosecutors will be requesting they be held without bond.

Segrest said there is a possibility he will recall a grand jury that was empaneled in March, which is unprecedented, to hear the case for indictment consideration.

”This is a very complex case,’’ he said.

”When I tell you this is just the tip of the iceburg…we’re going to make sure everyone of those victims has justice and not just the deceased,’’ Segrest said.
I wonder if this involves some type of drug trafficking by cartels.

My guess is that many of the people at the party know exactly who shot the place up. From the comment of the one parent, there was some suspicion there would be trouble. They know perfectly well who did this and why.
If LE knew perfectly well who did this, why did it take three more days to start making arrests? The three arrested so far aren't residents of that small town.

Does anyone know the significance of the eyebrow pattern thing that the arrested individuals have? Is it the style now or something more sinister? A friend pointed that out and I'm not sure. Tuskegee really isn't far from dadeville. Not surprised that the suspects are from Auburn and Tuskegee so far. People have family and friends all over the areas involved

I'm guessing we will find most of these injuries are trampling sort of injuries.
As posted a few posts up, we're up to at least 15 more of the 32 additional victims - which was every victim taken to one particular hospital - also being GSW victims.

Even without knowing the other 17, that's already 19 of 36 known victims (survivors and the deceased) being GSW victims.

With at least a third person arrested, that also presumably puts at least one additional known fired gun in the mix.

I don't think it's going to end up nearly as many trampling injuries as some speculated early on.

Does anyone know the significance of the eyebrow pattern thing that the arrested individuals have? Is it the style now or something more sinister? A friend pointed that out and I'm not sure. Tuskegee really isn't far from dadeville. Not surprised that the suspects are from Auburn and Tuskegee so far. People have family and friends all over the areas involved

I think it can be both a gang trend/symbol and just a regular fashion trend. I've seen articles both ways.

For reference:

I’m interested to find out why LE said the suspects were no longer a threat to the public on Sunday, but no arrests until Wednesday.
My thoughts exactly! People who commit crimes like this that know when they get caught are loose cannons in my opinion. Unless LE was following them 24/7 then they were still a threat in my opinion

“They’re being very, very careful to make sure they don’t give anything that will help this 16- and 17-year-old get off on these charges,” Attorney Eric Guster said. “They want to make sure [the suspects] get a fair trial and make sure the victims get a fair trial as well.”

Guster believes it’s likely the three men charged weren’t shooting at anyone at the party and were just shooting randomly. He says we will probably see more charges on the three men as the investigation continues.

“You have multiple people who are injured, those would be assaults, attempted murders, those types of charges will be charged against them. So those charges will be piled on with them as well,” Guster said. “What they’re doing right now is waiting to make sure that no other victims pass away. They want to see what the injuries were.”

1681995977455.jpeg
This photo provided by the Tallapoosa Co. Sheriffs Dept. shows Travis McCullough, 16,. (Tallapoosa Co. Sheriffs Dept. via AP)
*kids killing kids

Last edited:
Praying for healing and for investigators to have every bit of evidence needed to prosecute. I anticipate more arrests. I have not heard where the suspects were arrested so not sure if they were injured or hospitalized or just out and about as if nothing happened.

Alabama Criminal Code - Reckless Murder

So, I am not familiar with the Alabama legal code but my reading of this is that I think if LE determined that the accused went to the party with the intent to kill “Joe Smith”,and if Joe Smith was one of the deceased, they would be charged with First Degree murder?
LE knows that the 3 accused went to a party and shot the place up and may not know the specific intent at this time.
Anyone familiar with the Alabama legal code care to weigh in on this?
I had to look this up because using the word “reckless” to describe the murder of four teens and the wounding of 32 others just seems so inadequate.

Fourth man arrested

Johnny Letron Brown, 20, of Tuskegee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper