Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this post forward from @Knox. So she is a cousin of Elizabeth White? Elizabeth was so good about getting factual details out to the public in the AB case. This case likely raises a conflict for her. But she does state below PH texted her “best friend” so now i’m Wondering if that is not the same “friend” she reportedly went to the bar with. Jmo

My heart is heavy as I know so many of my family are for our cousin. I know I have posted the past two days about my first cousin’s daughter’s disappearance since Friday PM. This is their family. I wanted you to see how family oriented she is. All these pictures are from her page. This family will face Christmas Eve tomorrow without knowing what has happened to their daughter, sister, and aunt. The local news is sharing daily asking for any leads but it can’t portray who she is nor the unanswered questions as to the time of events and last text received We all make mistakes and get ourselves into situations that we regret but she did text her best friend that she was in trouble. She is missing and we are praying they can find what happened to her. I want to thank the many friends who have shared the news post to get others to pray, the comments and words of encouragement and faith. Her family is trying not to give up and to have Hope. It has been overwhelming to hear from you and know you are hurting for us & with us. I thank you for caring. Paighton loves her family and would never willingly hurt them in any way by not contacting them with her sister flying home and brother and family driving up. Please keep praying for her and this loving sweet family of mine.
Elizabeth White

I’m very uneasy about the fact that she is a recovering heroin addict at a bar- they are both depressants and while one would not get the effects of the two substances confused, I think if she had a drink at the bar the downward spiral could have happened faster than we might understand.. putting her in such an incredibly vulnerable state. So hopeful she is found alive and just needing some help and more recovery time. So worried for this beautiful woman and her family.
Moo

Let me just make a quick observation. I have looked at many images from inside the Tin Roof, and I'll just say this; two heavy set black men would have stood out like a sore thumb in that predominantly 'white bread' crowd. Even if they weren't on security camera, many people that were there will undoubtedly be able to confirm these two guys were there.

963b1d40f37247a784d7a58ab3ec57f7.jpg
Interesting you should point that out because I was just considering the conflicting media releases. One stating LE says she left with 2 men and another stating surveillance did not show the 2 heavy set black men she reportedly left with. So my thought was she did leave with 2 heavy set men but they r white and not black. Moo

Is Paighton's "friend" a male or a female? Also, is the "friend" that gave her a ride to the bar, the same "friend" that Paighton texted later that night? I find it strange that a friend, or a co-worker, would just leave the bar withouth Paighton if she rode there with her/him. Like, how was she supposed to get back to her car? I sure hope this was not a case where someone might have done something malicious to Paighton thinking her being a recovering addict would make it less likely for other people to take her disappearance seriously. This case is VERY concerning.

WBRC.com article from December 27th, mentioned that the same co worker who said she left with 2 guys also received a text message from Paighton.
ABC News reports that Paighton’s brothersaid that although it was common for her to check in with friends and family, the text she sent was unusual, since she can “handle her own self.”

“At about 12:14 p.m. that night, she sent a text to one of the friends she was at the bar with, stating that she didn’t know who she was with, and that she felt like she was in trouble,” Evan Houston said.

Evan added that “the fact that she was reaching out for help and saying she was in trouble was a big red flag.”
Paighton Houston: Alabama woman who texted she ‘felt in trouble’ is still missing after leaving with two strangers
You are correct. Per her brother friend she received text from was at the bar that night. Thanks. I’m still sifting thru the facts of this case.

Interesting you should point that out because I was just considering the conflicting media releases. One stating LE says she left with 2 men and another stating surveillance did not show the 2 heavy set black men she reportedly left with. So my thought was she did leave with 2 heavy set men but they r white and not black. Moo
There is no doubt in my mind that LE has determined by now whether there were 2 heavyset black men in the bar that night.

Bringing this post forward from @Knox. So she is a cousin of Elizabeth White? Elizabeth was so good about getting factual details out to the public in the AB case. This case likely raises a conflict for her. But she does state below PH texted her “best friend” so now i’m Wondering if that is not the same “friend” she reportedly went to the bar with. Jmo

My heart is heavy as I know so many of my family are for our cousin. I know I have posted the past two days about my first cousin’s daughter’s disappearance since Friday PM. This is their family. I wanted you to see how family oriented she is. All these pictures are from her page. This family will face Christmas Eve tomorrow without knowing what has happened to their daughter, sister, and aunt. The local news is sharing daily asking for any leads but it can’t portray who she is nor the unanswered questions as to the time of events and last text received We all make mistakes and get ourselves into situations that we regret but she did text her best friend that she was in trouble. She is missing and we are praying they can find what happened to her. I want to thank the many friends who have shared the news post to get others to pray, the comments and words of encouragement and faith. Her family is trying not to give up and to have Hope. It has been overwhelming to hear from you and know you are hurting for us & with us. I thank you for caring. Paighton loves her family and would never willingly hurt them in any way by not contacting them with her sister flying home and brother and family driving up. Please keep praying for her and this loving sweet family of mine.
Elizabeth White
She is not a cousin of Elizabeth White. Elizabeth White shared this fb post made by a cousin of PH.

Elizabeth White
Thank you for posting this.

Direct link to the post: Elizabeth White

Here’s to hoping today is the day someone decides to do the right thing. To put a stop to this nightmare for Paighton’s family.
“‘You will be totally anonymous. No one will ever ask you to the district attorney. Police will never interview you. You will be paid a cash reward in as little time as one week,’ [Chairman of the board of Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama], Frank Barefield said.

Barefield added no one has to be arrested. If your information helps with the investigation you will get a reward.

[SBM]

Anyone with information about Houston and her disappearance iks encouraged to contact the Birmingham Police Department 205-254-1700 or Crime Stoppers 205-254-7777.“
B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

Last edited:
That would be a difficult mistake to make IMO.

Some media outlets do not like to print racial descriptions in their articles, but the original police statement said "two heavy set black men". If the person that relayed that info to police was telling the truth, I do not have any reason to believe that might have been mistaken.

I’ve been a long time member, but haven’t posted in awhile and there seems to be a lot of new rules. Are we allowed to attach screenshots and the link to the coworkers Facebook page?

I didn't see this answered... So this work friend that "got the text" decided to just reach out to her parents to see if she made it home safe?

Posted by @tinkerbella in the closed AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019
So the co-worker contacted her parents? How did she/he have their contact information? Just an observation as I was reading through.

Let me just make a quick observation. I have looked at many images from inside the Tin Roof, and I'll just say this; two heavy set black men would have stood out like a sore thumb in that predominantly 'white bread' crowd. Even if they weren't on security camera, many people that were there will undoubtedly be able to confirm these two guys were there.

963b1d40f37247a784d7a58ab3ec57f7.jpg

Thanks so much for the picture. They for sure would have stuck out there!

Moo... I keep feeling like PH’s co-worker/friend is covering for one or more people. Maybe she knew PH was wanting to do something she knew family wouldn’t approve of, so there was a safer story given to explain where she was. Then when PH didn’t return as expected, things went South fast, and the co-worker/friend could no longer maintain that story with all its holes in the light of all the attention/scrutiny it was receiving. I know that many times in my life when I was a young adult a girlfriend would tell me she was going one place with a person when the story was she was somewhere and with someone different. I never outed any friends who did this, and nothing bad ever happened to where attention was brought to the absence. I.e. none of my friends ever got busted for their white lies.

PH has her story of being saved from addiction publicly accessible online. It is odd to me she was allegedly going to a bar the day she disappeared. It is heavily frowned upon for anyone in recovery to go to bars even if alcohol wasn’t the drug of choice.

I can’t shake the feeling the friend is lying; I can’t decide if I feel that way because she was covering with a white lie for PH (which looked super suspicious later after PH didn’t return when she was expected to) or because she is covering something far more nefarious to hide circumstances behind PH’s disappearance.

It sure would be nice if we could get confirmation of any of the info this co-worker/friend has provided. IJS. Moo...

Some media outlets do not like to print racial descriptions in their articles, but the original police statement said "two heavy set black men". If the person that relayed that info to police was telling the truth, I do not have any reason to believe that might have been mistaken.

[Back after a long break from that "case in Wisconsin". I needed to step away.]

I won't go into detail on my thoughts on this case as I believe I'd violate some rules -- I didn't see it until early this week which surprised me. I usually see cases like this much sooner which makes me wonder how aggressively this story was pushed out.

I will say that I agree with some other poster(s) on the previous thread who are questioning this specific aspect of the story (who she allegedly left with) and if PH ever made it to the bar. I'm sure LE is looking into this aspect of the story and pulling as much video as they can plus whatever they can get from the cell company, financial institutions, and possibly Google. Perhaps the delay in getting the story out was determining that some initial "facts" may have not been facts at all?

[Back after a long break from that "case in Wisconsin". I needed to step away.]

I won't go into detail on my thoughts on this case as I believe I'd violate some rules -- I didn't see it until early this week which surprised me. I usually see cases like this much sooner which makes me wonder how aggressively this story was pushed out.

I will say that I agree with some other poster(s) on the previous thread who are questioning this specific aspect of the story (who she allegedly left with) and if PH ever made it to the bar. I'm sure LE is looking into this aspect of the story and pulling as much video as they can plus whatever they can get from the cell company, financial institutions, and possibly Google. Perhaps the delay in getting the story out was determining that some initial "facts" may have not been facts at all?

After reading her moms text, it does seem that her mother has questioned if she even made it to the bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot