Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to stay in the realm of positive thoughts...does anyone know if the family has checked any of the rehab facilities in a certain radius of Birmingham? I know that sometimes the fight against addiction can be embarrassing and that often people check themselves into rehab without telling a soul.

I know that it's highly unlikely that it's the case, especially with the co-workers questionable story, but I'm just trying to think in any way that PH may be safe.

Am I allowed to post if it’s a post her
Mother made publically in a public forum?

I believe you are referring to a private/closed facebook group which is not the same as missing person’s official page updated by family admin.

Family members fb pages are also off limits as it’s considered sleuthing family and violation of WS TOS. Always best to check with a Mod prior to posting from non-MSM source.

Last edited:
Bumping from page 1...answers on what can / cannot be posted.

SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS, e.g., FACEBOOK and TWITTER

Approved Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

• Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
  • Do not link to an individual's (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!
Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...;
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...: If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.
Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an admininstrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

EXAMPLE: If a suspect has been arrested for a crime relevant to the discussion topic, and you want to post a Facebook screencap from his/her personal page, you must first obtain approval from administration.

BAITING, TROLLING, INCITING CONFLICT

Trolling or making posts with the intention of creating problems on the forums is obviously against the forum guidelines. This includes registering an alternative ID for the sole purpose of creating problems on the forums.

A member who visits WS only to incite "conflict" will be designated a "troll", and find his/her account temporarily or permanently suspended. This includes but is not limited to outing members, bringing drama from other websites to Websleuths, trashing members in any way, hyper-focusing in the smallest details with the intent to annoy and create conflict, and any other reason Websleuths deems to be inciting conflict.

WS maintains zero tolerance for members who create posts intended to antagonize other members.

WS also reserves the right to require that a minimum number of posts, term of membership, or other criteria be met to allow posting on certain topics.

INVITING PRIVATE MESSAGES or EMAIL, and ALLUDING TO "INSIDE" INFORMATION

Inviting is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely.

This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as Check your PMs or PM me posted in discussion threads.

Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it. Don't announce it.

Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!

Etiquette & Information

I, in general, would tend to agree with you; however it could be pretty dependant on the band that was playing the night she went missing. If the music genre was substantially different than the one when the photo was taken, it could draw a very different crowd.

The band playing that night (12/20) was Outshine, who market themselves as "Birmingham's #1 party band". They do cover songs of rock bands:

Current playlist includes songs by: Journey, Van Halen, Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, Beastie Boys, The Romantics, Billy Squier, The Doors, Kid Rock, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lil Wayne, TI, Guns'N'Roses, Bryan Adams, Collective Soul, Stone Temple Pilots, Steppenwolf, Alice In Chains, Train, The Outfield, Lit, Black Crowes, Commodores, Motley Crue, Jimi Hendrix...and the list goes on...

Live Music w/ Outshine - Dec, 21 at Tin Roof

They look like they would have mostly a white frat boy/girl fanbase.

Not a lot of information available, virtually nothing is now verified, and the credibility of the "co-worker" has got to be called into question. Her statements do not add up at all. Paramount is finding PH. I am now of the opinion that some "co-worker(s)" or other parties have created a scenario that was not well thought out, and have been stating "facts" about what happened that night that they did not see were actually verifiable or that strain credibility nearly to its breaking point. IMHO, they created a cover story for something else that happened and the story is coming apart. Just my 2d...

Just thinking out loud:
PH and friend's apparent employer appears to handle transport of military equipment. This may require some level of security clearances, including drug testing. Purely administrative jobs may exempt from security clearance, but probably not drug testing. From my experience in these type firms there tends to be a lot of security culture bleed-over to all employees. Trustworthiness is an overarching expectation in security-related type jobs. If the employer is subject to these type security rules and they are aware of the issues of this case, they may be compelled to question the involved employees. These type firms use former LE as investigators. If their interviews were to expose possible inconsistencies potentially involving illegal activity, policy most likely will require disciplinary action and possibly notification of LE.
There are a lot of "ifs" here, and several different scenarios. The best case scenario: poorly planned cover for drug use and buy time before drug testing.

Okay, to me the silence from LE is unusual. It will be two weeks tomorrow. Surely they have SOMETHING they can share. I don't feel a sense of urgency to find her, as if she's not alive or in danger...just my opinion. Have we ever had a case where LE is silent, not offering updates to keep this on the radar, just letting rumor and speculation run rampant with no updates? LE said this is a strange case, in my opinion they are acting strange too.

So PH’s mother said the coworker DID NOT contact them. Paighton’s sister contacted the coworker. Her mother states that the coworkers story has changed several times to the family.
Could you please provide a link for this. tia

Okay, to me the silence from LE is unusual. It will be two weeks tomorrow. Surely they have SOMETHING they can share. I don't feel a sense of urgency to find her, as if she's not alive or in danger...just my opinion. Have we ever had a case where LE is silent, not offering updates to keep this on the radar, just letting rumor and speculation run rampant with no updates? LE said this is a strange case, in my opinion they are acting strange too.
Yes. Savannah Spurlock. LE was silent for months.

That would be a difficult mistake to make IMO.

I am extremely suspicious of the whole bar/heavy set black men story. That picture is truly worth a thousand words. Most troubling of all is that it appears that the text went to the same "friend" who conveyed the "leaving the bar" story. So many questions - has LE actually seen the text, seen what number it came from? I hope LE can ping phones - PH's, "friend's" - and I am hoping that that LE has asked for nearby video of PH's car to see where it came from, who was driving, etc.

As an aside, wouldn't it be so much smarter to say "heavy set white men" in this case, if you were trying to cover something up.

I am extremely suspicious of the whole bar/heavy set black men story. That picture is truly worth a thousand words. Most troubling of all is that it appears that the text went to the same "friend" who conveyed the "leaving the bar" story. So many questions - has LE actually seen the text, seen what number it came from? I hope LE can ping phones - PH's, "friend's" - and I am hoping that that LE has asked for nearby video of PH's car to see where it came from, who was driving, etc.

As an aside, wouldn't it be so much smarter to say "heavy set white men" in this case, if you were trying to cover something up.
Yes. That's why I believe the co-worker. Why create a scenario that could be so easily disproved.

Yes. Savannah Spurlock. LE was silent for months.
I was just reading up on that case- upcoming hearing tomorrow it appears.

Was there publicly announced searching in her case? I know there were initial searches where her body was discovered months later but was that known in the beginning?

Curious if there are any searches occurring "behind the scenes" for PH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop