Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With it being late Friday afternoon, are we likely to get an ID on the remains today? Would it be safe to assume LE already had PH dental records, fingerprints or DNA ready for a possible match?

Body found in search for missing Alabama woman Paighton Houston (this title if you GLANCE at it can be misleading....at least when I looked that was the case)

What I keep wondering is just how many people know about this location and that it is "unoccupied" because the family moved the elderly man out due to his health, and how long ago did they move him out. Someone close to that family would know that unless that's a small town that someone is VERY familiar with and the location, possibly someone saw something?? Unless it was pre-planned and the small hole was already there that was used to bury the "female remains" in.

Yes. But something brought them to that area in the first place. A smell isn’t going to do that. Not in rural Alabama.

I definitely think this was specific.

Hueytown is not "rural Alabama". It's a rundown,poor suburb for the most part, although there are some nicer areas. It's mostly light industrial now but used to have steel mills and coal mines, and the workers lived there.

I'd be right behind you...crawling in. No way would I hav the grace and strength that this family has shown!

My infant niece died as the result of an injury during delivery. She was a twin and it was a risky birth but the delivering doctor didn't take the situation seriously. It took years for the anger to go away...that doctor sat in front of us at dinner Christmas Eve and he didn't even realize who we were. I've watched the Houston family during this and thought about all of the emotions they are dealing with. I'm saying serious prayers for them right now, they have been an amazing witness to watch.

With it being late Friday afternoon, are we likely to get an ID on the remains today? Would it be safe to assume LE already had PH dental records, fingerprints or DNA ready for a possible match?
IF PH had a record OR her employer had asked for fingerprints etc for background check all that info will be on file. LE possibly has the other records on hand as a "just in case" as well and had the family get them as a "worst case scenario" reason. They tend to like having all info they can on hand. As for her DNA, they would have to get that from her parents unless they had something of hers that they could have gotten a sample from prior. I don't know if they processed her vehicle or any of her personal items at home (hair brush, tooth brush etc) as they have been keeping everything close to the vest.

If this location and the other nearby were based off a tip, I think it’s likely from someone she knows well. Either they were involved or heard from someone who was.

It seems much less likely that if she truly left with the HSBM, someone in their circle would call in a tip. Or even know anything about the case.

The other possibility is someone completely unrelated to the crime saw something, but in that situation I don’t think there would be multiple search locations.

No, IMO the tip likely came from someone who participated in the crime finally breaking and talking to LE. AL is a death penalty state, right? Taking the deal th penalty off the table in exchange for the body location is a pretty standard deal. Makes sense the DA was at the site, confirming whatever might have been discussed in a plea was accurate. JMO.

Somebody upthread brought up the question of identifying these remains--I can't find the post I wanted to reply to now.

I'm not LE and this is just my observation from following a bunch of cases here--but medical examiners/coroners rarely make an ID these days by anything other than forensic methods like dental, DNA, or fingerprints. Matching tattoos, ID on the body, visual identification might tell them what they think the answer is, but they almost always wait for confirmation before making an announcement.

Also, in most states, only the ME/coroner can make that determination. The LE on the scene can be positive about who a particular victim is, but until the ME confirms, it's just a guess.

It's possible that they will make a preliminary announcement saying something like "pending confirmation," but it seems to be less and less common.

Another thought about the way the body was wrapped in cloth. There was no mention as to whether she was fully or partially clothed when found. If she were nude my first thought would go towards a sexual assault and then homicide (or the reverse is also possible, I suppose - ugh.)

I'm also thinking that it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to assume that the person or people responsible for wrapping the body just grabbed a sheet from inside that house or outside from that pile. Horrible to consider, but I'm with those who feel there was no sentiment involved in the decision to wrap the body.

I just want to know if there were ever really two men she left with , it just sounds made up.
I know. I’ve been strongly against that narrative since we learned that those men were never spotted on video.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we learn that not only do those men not exist, but PH wasn’t at the bar in the first place.

Similar to Heidi B -- it's always possible we may get a statement from a family member with the disclaimer that official identification is pending from the ME/coroner. MOO

Body found in search for missing Alabama woman Paighton Houston (this title if you GLANCE at it can be misleading....at least when I looked that was the case)

What I keep wondering is just how many people know about this location and that it is "unoccupied" because the family moved the elderly man out due to his health, and how long ago did they move him out. Someone close to that family would know that unless that's a small town that someone is VERY familiar with and the location, possibly someone saw something?? Unless it was pre-planned and the small hole was already there that was used to bury the "female remains" in.
You're saying the headline is misleading...is there something saying this is not her?

Sorry I have been away for a bit and catching up on this, but were there no cameras in the bar that would show us the stature of these two men she left with? And what do coworkers have to say about them? I feel like there's a ton I missed so if anybody has a good bullet point list on this I would appreciate it!

Being wrapped in cloth could be a very good thing for investigators.

It can help preserve any hair, fiber, etc she came into contact with by keeping it on the body/clothing.

Can also provide clues to how or where the body was wrapped and possibly transported. If placed in a car trunk for example, there should be fibers matching the cloth in the trunk and possibly fibers from the trunk on the wrap.

I think the body was wrapped for ease of disposal but it’s going to come back to bite whoever did it.

My infant niece died as the result of an injury during delivery. She was a twin and it was a risky birth but the delivering doctor didn't take the situation seriously. It took years for the anger to go away...that doctor sat in front of us at dinner Christmas Eve and he didn't even realize who we were. I've watched the Houston family during this and thought about all of the emotions they are dealing with. I'm saying serious prayers for them right now, they have been an amazing witness to watch.
Yes...the family should be our utmost concern. I am sure they had gone through so much heartache with her addiction (public knowledge) and fought so hard to save her from that. All indications are that she was on a good road. Regardless of a relapse, or poor choices, PH did not deserve to be found in a pile of trash behind an abanodoned house. No one does. And to put her family through all this is just beyond the pale. And her siblings. Their lives will never, ever be the same. For the whole family, life will now be defined by this tragedy. I pray they will once again find joy in this life.

IMO I think that was a load of BS from the so called friend. LE said there was no one on footage from the bar that matched that description.
yes like Massguy said, I wish they would go ahead and make a clear statement that there were or weren't, out of a bar full someone else had to have seen her leave! keeping this narrative "out there" and seeing the MSM comments full of racial hate , I would think that they need to say something sooner rather than later !

Alabama police find body in search for missing woman who sent worried text after leaving bar with 2 men

Jan 3, 2020

Investigators searching for a missing Alabama woman who texted she could be in trouble after leaving a bar with two strange men last month said Friday that they had unearthed a female body in a shallow grave, according to a report.

The grave was discovered in the backyard of an apparently vacant home in Hueytown by investigators looking for 29-year-old Paighton Houston, who was last seen in Birmingham on Dec. 20.

Officials said the intact body was wrapped in some sort of fabric, the Birmingham News reported, adding that investigators first descended on the home Thursday.

Jefferson County sheriff’s Chief Deputy David Agee told the paper the body's discovery was being handled as a death investigation.

"Right now we have a lot more questions than answers but we hope to have those answers real soon," Agee said. "We’re going to work hard and we’re going to find out what happened.”

[..]

On Thursday Houston's mother, Charlaine, linked to a story about the Hueytown search on her Facebook page.

Similar to Heidi B -- it's always possible we may get a statement from a family member with the disclaimer that official identification is pending from the ME/coroner. MOO
Ok...I have a procedural question that I do not mean to sound insensitive. In a high profile case like PH, once the coroner has ID'd the body...must the family also view the body to confirm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member