Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for the part that explains why the need to bury somebody that simply OD'd.
It doesn't make any sense to do that

Yes and no.

If the OD took place in someone's house, they have two choices: call 911 and let the authorities sort it out or move the body and avoid any contact with the authorities.

Keep in mind, if this was an OD situation, the individuals making the decisions about how to handle it probably aren't in a particularly clear state of mind.

More importantly what’s the point of going to great lengths to fabricate a crazy story and burry a body if no one is at risk of criminal charges?

Well supplying heroin to someone that overdoses, can come with criminal charges (varies state by state, but can be manslaughter type charges), as well as burying a body after an OD. A case in Florida where a man buried his friend after an OD, yielded these charges: tampering with evidence, mishandling human remains and failure to report a death.

But if you aren't caught, and the body disappears and it's assumed to be a case of a missing person, there are no charges......

When people are high, they often have impaired judgement.

I'm suggesting that it's possible that PH friend lawyered up and led LE directly to Chapel Dr. in exchange for no or possibly lessoned charged, in the event toxicology results proved an OD.

Possibly. Dosages may affect individuals differently based on built up tolerance, etc. It is also possible they were not all using. But you bring up a valid point. It wouldn't be difficult to stage an OD with a known recovering addict. MOO
How much one puts in the shot may be different, and if there are any underlying medical issues (say for example, your heart was weakened from a bad case of endocarditis). Not that I think that’s what happened, just want to add to the info.

More importantly what’s the point of going to great lengths to fabricate a crazy story and burry a body if no one is at risk of criminal charges?
I don't know. I think it may depend on how much one has to lose. A person could lose their job, reputation, friends, future marriage prospects, etc. if their hard drug use was exposed under those circumstances. It could be devastating. That's just my nightmare perspective on that situation.

Why is everyone so convinced she OD’d?
I'm not convinced. Just a theory.

1. History of use, actively in recovery yet reported to be in a bar.
2. No public confirmation from LE she was at the bar but confirmation that video surveillance did not show the two black men she reportedly left with nor did it provide any helpful info for the investigation.
3. No photos or interviews with other patrons, bar staff, etc stating they saw PH or the alleged 2 black men.
4. PH rode with a coworker/friend and left her car at said co-workers home.
5. Co worker states she saw PH leave at 10:45 with these two men but she did not see or reply to the text PH sent at 12:15. So she was allegedly asleep by then.
6. PH's family reported she was going with coworkers to listen to live music. The band started at 10:30 and she left by 10:45.
7. LE has not labeled it a homicide investigation.
8. Other info from sources not approved here.

Just a few reasons I suspect drugs may have been involved but I'm not entirely convinced. MOO

Why is everyone so convinced she OD’d?

Thank you for I have no clue why that is even being assumed at this point to be the case.

The same assumptions were made continously in the Savannah Spurlock's murder case as well.

She also left a bar with men. One who murdered her, and buried her in a shallow grave. SS did not OD as alleged by internet posters. She was murdered.

Imo

Thank you for I have no clue why that is even being assumed at this point to be the case.

The same assumptions were made continously in the Savannah Spurlock's murder case as well.

She also left a bar with men. One who murdered her, and buried her in a shallow grave. SS did not OD. She was murdered.

Imo
Thank you OBE! I’m so glad you have arrived!

She also left a bar with men. One who murdered her, and buried her in a shallow grave. SS did not OD as alleged by internet posters. She was murdered.

Imo
I did not follow her case closely. Did she also have a history of substance use? Did LE release any info about the men she left with- photos, description of what they were wearing, etc?

Except for the part that explains why the need to bury somebody that simply OD'd.
It doesn't make any sense to do that

Assuming the people she was with have an addiction then you can't expect them to make rational decisions. This happened in Florida around the area my ex husband and daughter. A guy buried his friend in his backyard after he died from an heroin overdose. It doesn't make sense but it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop