Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello brand new to Websleuths, lurked quite a bit but just joined today. I thought I could add a little value to the conversation.

<modsnip: Sorry Jlay22, but rumor/hearsay is not allowed at Websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, but I don't believe PH would have used again because of the sepsis and endocarditis. If you've seen her recovery video, I honestly believe she wanted to live a clean life. I may be wrong, but I really doubt it.

I agree... A relapse would have had grave consequences and she knew that. She had good insight based on the recovery video. With endocarditis it is possible that heart valves get damaged and need replaced. This is not s given anymore if there had been multiple relapses, heart surgeries due to IV drug use etc. A case like that usually goes to the ethics committee and in real life there is a possibility that valve replacement surgery is not offered... I just don't believe that she would have jeopardized her future and relapsed. I don't...

All we know is that multiple tips lead them there.
Body found in Alabama search identified as Paighton Houston

"Lynneice Washington, district attorney for Jefferson County’s Bessemer Cutoff Division, told reporters at the scene that multiple tips led authorities to the backyard where the woman’s body was found."
PH's body was found about 10 days after she went missing in a shallow grave wrapped in a bedsheet, if I have these facts correct. Haniah Aguilar's body was found after about 10 days iirc in similar temperatures. In HA's case, the residents of the nearest home thought there was a dead deer in the woods because they could smell decomposition even though HA's body was underwater and under debris like a tire and chair. I have been wondering if neighbors near that wooded area of Chapel/Love could smell decomposition but were unable to determine from what direction, leading LE to check a couple of other locations before they honed in on that particular house. This could be the source of multiple tips, calls complaining about a smell. MOO.

If anyone wants to know anything about Tin Roof, I’m right down the street from it for the next hour or so.

incidentally it’s a pretty lengthy drive from here to Hueytown.
Haha yeah, i want to know if she was actually there that night. Wanna go over and interview bar staff? Lol jk...kinda.

PH's body was found about 10 days after she went missing in a shallow grave wrapped in a bedsheet, if I have these facts correct. Haniah Aguilar's body was found after about 10 days iirc in similar temperatures. In HA's case, the residents of the nearest home thought there was a dead deer in the woods because they could smell decomposition even though HA's body was underwater and under debris like a tire and chair. I have been wondering if neighbors near that wooded area of Chapel/Love could smell decomposition but were unable to determine from what direction, leading LE to check a couple of other locations before they honed in on that particular house. This could be the source of multiple tips, calls complaining about a smell. MOO.
Especially if she was not well buried as some have speculated.

I'm unironically curious as to this forum's specific definition of "confirmed" so this seems like a good opportunity to ask.

What exactly is the difference in the media or police public reports between her being at work and being at the club that makes one "confirmed" and one not? Has there been video footage released of her at work that day? Have coworkers been interviewed specifically stating that she was at work?

With respect to what is "confirmed", media is usually full of conflicting info so you have to rely on what authorities say. In many cases, authorities don't say a whole lot because investigations are ongoing and they don't want to spook suspects or burn leads. During an investigation, they want sources to keep talking. Sometimes a source is a guilty party or someone who knows what happened. They may be being lying their asses off to the investigators and investigators play along while they've actually developed contrary information and they give the suspect the rope to hang themselves with their big mouth.

Hello brand new to Websleuths, lurked quite a bit but just joined today. I thought I could add a little value to the conversation.
<modsnip: Sorry Jlay22, but rumor/hearsay is not allowed at Websleuths>

Welcome to Websleuths.
Bit of a rough start Jlay22, however boundaries are there for good reason.....

My mind went to the possibility of a drug-related death (possibly OD, but not necessarily) because of PH's history of addiction. IMO, that adds a whole other level of risk - the lure of the drug itself, plus the circle of people involved - not users so much as dealers experienced in hiding illegal activity. It seems reasonable that she saw someone familiar at the bar and willingly went with them, thinking she could "handle her own self" and spend some time with some of the "old gang" without getting in too deep. Over the next hour and a half, it's possible the places and people around her changed a few times - rides here, dropped off there, a constant flux until PH starts to realize she's no longer with anyone familiar, and maybe "in trouble" because she's not sure she can (1) resist the urge to use, and/or (2) get away if/when she needs to.

If she did, in fact, leave her co-worker(s) at the bar, I don't feel it was up to them to "let" her go or stop her from it, or to track her down via texts or phone. And, after being left at the bar, it seems logical to me that the co-worker wouldn't stay around, but would go home and go to sleep. I can also easily imagine how to some extent her story may have changed, if it did. Waking up to that text, not being able to reach PH, and then speaking to her family in a panic vs. taking time to concentrate & and pull every detail out of your memory? Could certainly result in correction of certain details, descriptions, etc. Of course, major contradictions would raise suspicions, but there's been no reporting of that that I'm aware of.

It seems LE fairly quickly either figured out who the "two guys" were OR determined there were no such guys, based on the fact that they (as far as I can tell) didn't continue to ask the public for help in identifying them. It also seems like the co-worker(s) would've been named POI by now if she/they were directly involved - but maybe that's an unrealistic expectation? Either way, I think co-worker was right not to attend the yellow-ribbon event. If the family has indicated publicly that they, to any extent, suspect or blame her, showing up would have been very disruptive and disrespectful, IMO, even if she (co-worker) is 100% blameless.

This is just where my thoughts have ended up after the last several days.

I honestly don't know what there is to sleuth at this point with so little known. Registered sex offenders that are in the area? I would imagine whoever is responsible had to be familiar with that area to know that the house was empty.

I previously posted the street address of the house that was under crime tape, before her body was found. It was deleted by mods, which I understand. But during my sleuthing of this address I found one name listed as still occupying this house. And yes, the elder man was listed as previous occupant as well. I will just say that.

Another fact that supports my theory is the amount of time that LE spent at the Chapel Dr. house, maybe 24 hours? And 1/2 that time it was raining and LE not even doing their investigation, so let's say LE actively spent 12 hours at that house, maybe? They were there just for the body? If they had thought that house was the crime scene, wouldn't they have been there for days, collecting fingerprints off all the trash? DNA off each soda bottle? They left all the trash in the side yard. They knew exactly where to find the body, and went and retrieved and left. Makes me think they do not suspect that is the place that she died, just the dump spot....IMO maybe they just verified that "cloth" was the sheet from the coworkers bed.....or some other similar scenario.....all MO.
This article has lots of info. And talks about that how and when they got warrants.

"The case took a turn Thursday when investigators received the tips about the backyard in Hueytown, a city of about 16,000 just southwest of Birmingham. They spent about four hours that night on Chapel Drive, at its intersection with Love Street, before suspending the search around 9:30 p.m., AL.com reported.

They were back at the scene at 9 a.m. armed with search warrants for both the home and the property, the news site said."

Body found in Alabama search identified as Paighton Houston

Gov. Kay Ivey offers reward in disappearance of Paighton Houston who vanished after leaving Lakeview bar

Al.com says that Gov. Kay Ivey offered a $5K reward for information in this case, on 12/27.

But when you go to the Governor's website, there are other high profile rewards listed, such as Anaih Blanchard and Cupcake McKinney, but not one listed for PH.

Rewards | Kay Ivey - Governor of Alabama

Was it taken down? Or maybe just a clerical error and never added to the Gov. website?
Could it be that the reward has now been claimed so it is no longer available?

I'm not familiar with Aguilar case but if Paighton was wrapped in a bedsheet, dna is there in and on the fabric. It's jmo that will tell the story.
The only problem may be that I believe that it poured down rain in that area during some of the time that PH was missing. Plus, if the body and fabric were submerged in mud and muddy water, the DNA evidence may have been lost after 10 days. I don't know, though.

I also want to know exactly what happened and if she ever made it to the Tin Roof. The co-worker could have really received that message; however, someone else could have had control of her phone at that point. Who knows?

I think that the co-worker knows a lot of the true story and may be afraid to tell, especially, if she fears for her well-being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop