Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m highly skeptical of the narrative that she left with two strange men, as they weren’t caught on camera, and law enforcement’s actions (no strong appeal for their identification, etc) don’t seem to jibe with them buying it.

Why send a fake text, and make up the story that she left the bar with these two people?

Paighton’s car was apparently parked at her friend’s house. If PH died at that location, then this friend has a problem.

Her car is there, and PH’s parents know her intentions that night. The first place law enforcement is going to look, is the last location she was known to be.

This friend can’t say “I don’t know what happened,” as that would be implausible.

The solution is to claim that the night proceeded as planned, with PH calling an audible at the bar.

The text message helps to sell this story, and the alleged delay between PH sending this text, and her family being notified/filing the report, buys time to dispose of her body.

There are obvious issues with this scenario, as if this was some sort of unplanned event, it’s pretty high level/rational thinking on the part of the perpetrator(s).

If it was premeditated, then why do it like this?

So I’m not sure I like the original narrative, the scenario I just described, or the idea that she died of an overdose, and her friend put together this elaborate plan on the fly.

Basically, nothing makes sense.

How long after Savannah's body was found did LE release COD? It was right away with Heidi Broussard which I was surprised that happened so quickly.
As I posted above no COD has been made public. MOD was homicide. I don't know the homicide statute in Alabama put here's a curious part of the TN statute. In the indictment it was emphasized the death was do to failure to render aid. My wording is a recollection. will look for the exact wording.

If anyone wants to know anything about Tin Roof, I’m right down the street from it for the next hour or so.

incidentally it’s a pretty lengthy drive from here to Hueytown.
I went here خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏ and took a real close look at all the pics from different users & events at the bar. I do honestly think two, heavy set black dudes would certainly stand out to the predominantly white clientele. Just the same as two chunky white dudes would stand out in a predominantly black clientele venue.

<modsnip: unknown whether or not anyone came forward>

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is everyone so convinced she OD’d?
I haven’t been able to catch up but I don’t think anyone is assuming anything. People are proposing reasonable scenarios based on the little info we know.

Paighton had a past addiction history of IV heroin use. Therefore, it is not out of left field while questioning the events to consider that as an option. To not would be ignoring facts about her life.

I for one am not convinced that drugs played a part in this at all. I’m not sure of anything at this point.

Here is the charges in the Savannah Spurlock case. This is in the TN statute. "while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death"

Here is the charges in the Savannah Spurlock case. This is in the TN statute. "while manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life, he wantonly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death to her and thereby caused her death"
Yes but think you mean KY.

I apologize that I was not on WS during the CA case, so I have no idea the consensus of the group (if there was one) but as much as I wanted to know exactly what happened, I don't think we ever did. (I believe CA put her in the trunk and drugged her to go party and she died. But hell, maybe Geo was a pedo and was involved.) I wonder if we will ever feel we get the whole story from those involved with PH's death.

Just a thought. Is it possible that the tip of a body at Chapel Dr. was from a transient person who just happened to be frequenting the Chapel Drive house and either saw the body or smelled it? They may have been interested in that $5K reward. From all the trash, looks like there was a lot of coming and going at that house. Lots of backyard visitors!

I do real estate photography and the 2nd to last house I photographed was in a nice neighborhood and the fenced in backyard had recently been landscaped for the photos that day. I believe this specific house had been vacant approximately 2 months. While in the backyard taking photos, I came across cigarette butts, Red Bull cans, fast food trash and the box for a pocket scale! None of the trash appeared to have gotten wet and it had rained a lot the week b/f. Anyway, I determined that all that trash was fairly new, and quite likely someone weighing drugs in the backyard, sometime within the last 3 days of me being there, based on the rain patterns the previous week.

I guess my point is that this nice house in this nice neighborhood, with a fenced in backyard was attracting backyard visitors that quite likely knew it was unoccupied.....

My first thought when I saw that trash was I wondered if it had fentanyl dust on it?

Normally if there is something on site that can be easily moved, I will move it to get a good photo. But I was not touching any of this trash without gloves, after I saw the tiny pocket scale package! I photographed around the trash and told the agent what I saw in the backyard and suggested having someone remove it.

Last edited:
Google street view خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏ shows what appear to be cameras on each end of the building, but it's impossible to see under the awning.
I saw those but they did not appear to be cameras. I’m not exactly sure what they were but they did not look like any camera I’ve ever seen. Honestly this bar looks lucky to pay its rent much less have an elaborate security system. I think those are exterior outlets to allow them to run outside lighting which you can see under the awning. This is a very old building and would not have had exterior electricity when built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop