Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Idk who im with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”

If I received that text from a “Friend”, Dam sure I’d be calling! However, the “Friend” said she didn’t get the text until the next morning. I wonder if she called her that morning?
But she went home to bed with the “friends” car at her house. AI guess phone records will show all call.

Bedsheet/Cloth from the home? JMO
I don't think she said she got the text the next morning. I think people have claimed she didn't READ it until the next morning. I say claimed because that has not been reported as fact.

I probably would call too. In fact, for all we know, the friend did try to call and it went straight to voicemail, so she called the family. Doesn't mean everyone would call though.

As an aside, I text my kids and days later I text them saying "Hey! Did you get my text? I need an answer" and the answer is always the same. "Sorry. Didn't read it yet." Surely they did some times but there are certainly some occasions where they aren't read immediately.

I’m so confused. I thought @MassGuy said this isn’t true. Sigh.

ETA:

Watch out, guys, I’m about to get all “@PommyMommy” on you guys and bust out a list of perfectly composed facts with bullet points after I catch up in thread 1. In fact, I might even bust out one of my 40,000 character limit “timelines from hell” just because I know it drives some of you crazy haha)

LE, of course, has interviewed many people

I don't believe there has been an official LE statement about the results

Yes, co-worker was a female. Co-workerS plural has also been referenced but nothing in MSM to specify how many.

She worked for some kind of a transportation company (admin, account management). She has a Linked in account but I do not think the last place of employment listed is current. It hasn't been named in MSM so I'm hesitant to name it.

Thank you.

I don't think she said she got the text the next morning. I think people have claimed she didn't READ it until the next morning. I say claimed because that has not been reported as fact.

I probably would call too. In fact, for all we know, the friend did try to call and it went straight to voicemail, so she called the family. Doesn't mean everyone would call though.

As an aside, I text my kids and days later I text them saying "Hey! Did you get my text? I need an answer" and the answer is always the same. "Sorry. Didn't read it yet." Surely they did some times but there are certainly some occasions where they aren't read immediately.
My own personal assumption has always been a text is much less urgent than a phone call, especially since I can see the beginning of the text message without reading it, so I get the gist and can leave it as unread until I have time/feel like answering, and since it can be easier to not notice a text message compared to the phone ringing. But that's just me.

If I'm a 30-year-old white woman, feeling more uncomfortable by the minute with two large black males, I'm not texting my white female friend at 12:15 am to be on stand by. I'm texting a man at the very least, if not multiple men on the same text.

So, to me, either this was a couple of the dumbest decisions possible if she sadly left with two people that harmed her and upon beginning to realize this she passively texted a female work friend... OR, the story is made up.

The following is all speculation.
PH actually left with the reported two guys.
Friend knows her history so was not alarmed about her leaving with the them
PH relapsed and was doing drugs.
PH overdosed.
The two black guys realize they are in AL and have a dead young white girl. They panic and bury the body.
Thoughts?

Plausible.

LE, of course, has interviewed many people

I don't believe there has been an official LE statement about the results

Man, LE is so darn tight lipped about everything these days, understandably. Sucks when you’re nosey though (or whatever you want to call it, I’ll speak for myself...let’s call it “curious”.) All kidding aside, I know we all want to help however we can. Truth is, LE will not tell us SQUAT unless they are looking for information or help from the public.

Last edited:
Agreed, there is scant info, and we do tend to over-analyze even the smallest bits of information. I know I do! :p

However, I don't know that we truly have as "evidence" that she was seen with 2 men at all. While it may be completely true, it could well be hearsay or a story at this point, too. We just don't know, unfortunately.

One thing I have seen a few references to (but I may have gotten it wrong): was the house where she was found once owned by an officer of some sort or did an officer live right nearby? I've also seen reports it was simply an "elderly man". Trying to clarify that little bit before my mind wanders off too far in an entirely different direction. If that information is not true (IOW, that there was no such officer ever living there), then I'd just like to clarify that much.
I know I do. I try to check myself more than once from getting married to any one theory.

Yes. We do have "evidence" that she was seen with 2 men. We have the words of the coworker, unless everyone who has relayed that story (mom/MSM/LE) are fabricating it. The coworker's statement is not hearsay. MSM reporting what the coworker said is hearsay. The coworker's statement IS evidence. One may choose to ignore that evidence but I hope it is for good reason.

Likewise about who lived there and when. My recollection (although I admittedly was speed reading to catch up), is someone said an elderly man lived there but the family moved him out months ago to care for him. The only reference to LE that I recall seeing was a reference to a neighbor. Unless and until those facts are confirmed, I take that as speculation, not fact or evidence myself. There has been too much confusion here over even which house it is for me to trust it without it being confirmed by LE.

If I'm a 30-year-old white woman, feeling more uncomfortable by the minute with two large black males, I'm not texting my white female friend at 12:15 am to be on stand by. I'm texting a man at the very least, if not multiple men on the same text.

So, to me, either this was a couple of the dumbest decisions possible if she sadly left with two people that harmed her and upon beginning to realize this she passively texted female work friend... OR, the story is made up.

Likewise... if I'm a 29 y-o woman who brought an attractive 29 y-o friend to a bar, and that young woman left with two large guys of ANY flavor whom I had never seen before, I'd be wondering where the hell she was going, would ask her who they were as she was leaving, would wonder after about 15 minutes if she was okay, and would continue to wonder if she was okay until I heard from her.

I'd also probably text and call her until she told me where she was.

Last edited:

ETA:

Watch out, guys, I’m about to get all “@PommyMommy” on you guys and bust out a list of perfectly composed facts with bullet points after I catch up in thread 1. In fact, I might even bust out one of my 40,000 character limit “timelines from hell” just because I know it drives some of you crazy haha)

You're not going to need 40,000 characters. There are very little known facts in this case. We can't even depend on whether PH even was at the bar. Everything up to the discovery of the body is, essentially, speculation, as far as I can tell. I do think there are a lot of known facts, but only known by LE (and those involved, of course).

ETA:

Oh dear. :oops: Look out, people! Lol

I didn't get to follow Paighton's case but I am sad to hear that she was found deceased.

Rest peacefully, Paighton.
g77035.gif

You're not going to need 40,000 characters. There are very little known facts in this case. We can't even depend on whether PH even was at the bar. Everything up to the discovery of the body is, essentially, speculation, as far as I can tell. I do think there are a lot of known facts, but only known by LE (and those involved, of course).

Short timeline indeed.

Likewise... if I'm a 29 y-o woman who brought an attractive 29 y-o friend to a bar, and that young woman left with two guys of ANY flavor - I'd be wondering where the hell she was going, would ask her who they were as she was leaving, would wonder after about 15 minutes if she was okay, and would continue to wonder if she was okay until I heard from her.
Yes, thank you for clarifying "any flavor". I only used white and black in this case as they are the descriptions used. I meant no disrespect to anyone.

So, to me, either this was a couple of the dumbest decisions possible if she sadly left with two people that harmed her and upon beginning to realize this she passively texted a female work friend... OR, the story is made up.
I would hope my wife texted me and not her friends. So I don't blame ya. But, that doesn't mean that is what everyone would do in all circumstances. Lots will depend on life experiences, exactly how the circumstances were perceived (i.e. uncomfortable but not threatening). Certainly, the possibility exists that it's made up. Personally, I don't take it as a probability until there is some evidence to suggest that is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734