Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DBM

I'm not convinced. Just a theory.

1. History of use, actively in recovery yet reported to be in a bar.
2. No public confirmation from LE she was at the bar but confirmation that video surveillance did not show the two black men she reportedly left with nor did it provide any helpful info for the investigation.
3. No photos or interviews with other patrons, bar staff, etc stating they saw PH or the alleged 2 black men.
4. PH rode with a coworker/friend and left her car at said co-workers home.
5. Co worker states she saw PH leave at 10:45 with these two men but she did not see or reply to the text PH sent at 12:15. So she was allegedly asleep by then.
6. PH's family reported she was going with coworkers to listen to live music. The band started at 10:30 and she left by 10:45.
7. LE has not labeled it a homicide investigation.
8. Other info from sources not approved here.

Just a few reasons I suspect drugs may have been involved but I'm not entirely convinced. MOO

Where does everyone get the information that the band started at 10:30? Their promo on the band's public FB page indicates their performance began at 10:00 that night.... Get your OutShine On@Tin Roof !

Has anyone considered that she exited this establishment with the sole purpose of walking to one of the other establishments in that area, as there are numerous? bars in lakeview area of birmingham

Last edited:
DBM

Where does everyone get the information that the band started at 10:30? Their promo on the band's public FB page indicates their performance began at 10:00 that night.... Get your OutShine On@Tin Roof !

Has anyone considered that she exited this establishment to walk to one of the other establishments in that area, as there are numerous? bars in lakeview area of birmingham
Very possible, Oasis bar is in easy walking distance. Personally I’m of the mind she wasn’t ever at the bar, but that’s my own theory.

Were any other people she worked with at her most recent place of employment in attendance?
Sorry that I’m just now reading this. Yes, there were people there from her most recent place of employment.

ETA: For those who haven’t seen my posts on previous threads, my Dad’s best friend is PH uncle. I went to this ribbon hanging event because he & his brother organized it & I wanted to show support in some way. My dad has known her uncle since before I was born. They worked together until my dad retired. Since it’s my father’s relationship & I don’t have much other “inside info”, I wouldn’t consider myself an “insider”.

Last edited:
<modsnip>

So far, to my knowledge, none of the other people in that bar on that night have been interviewed and said they also saw the big black dudes. Or her, leaving with them. In fact the surveillance video of the bar that night has been examined and does not show the people that have been described.

"Sergeant Johnny Williams with the Birmingham Police Department said investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with." B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I saw those but they did not appear to be cameras. I’m not exactly sure what they were but they did not look like any camera I’ve ever seen. Honestly this bar looks lucky to pay its rent much less have an elaborate security system. I think those are exterior outlets to allow them to run outside lighting which you can see under the awning. This is a very old building and would not have had exterior electricity when built.
Yeah they didn't look like normal cams to me either, but then I thought of Arlo type wireless cams which look sort of weird. Clearly there are cams though, since LE has looked over the footage and didn't see the 2 black dudes. Hmm... :rolleyes:

Sorry that I’m just now reading this. Yes, there were people there from her most recent place of employment.

ETA: For those who haven’t seen my posts on previous threads, my Dad’s best friend is PH uncle. I went to this ribbon hanging event because he & his brother organized it & I wanted to show support in some way. My dad has known her uncle since before I was born. They worked together until my dad retired. Since it’s my father’s relationship & I don’t have much other “inside info”, I wouldn’t consider myself an “insider”.
Thank you for sharing and for the follow-up. :)

"Little is known about what happened to Alabama woman Paighton Houston before authorities found her buried in a shallow grave. Officials are still trying to determine how she died. Until then, more questions than answers remain.

Numerous beer cans, cigarette butts, and several other items were strewn about the side and back of the residence. Atlanta-area CSI Sheryl McCollum, director of the Cold Case Research Investigative Institute, said authorities are likely more concerned with the DNA evidence found on Houston’s body.

“Her body is a crime scene. The position of her body is a critical piece of evidence….and possible DNA evidence on the body or cloth touch DNA,” McCollum explained.

“If this is a trap house there could be possible DNA off of cigarette butts and beer cans from numerous people, including the homeowner. I wouldn’t want 30 butts or beer cans or DNA from 20 different people. It could hinder the process.”

[EXCLUSIVE] Paighton Houston: A look at the filthy crime scene where body of beloved Alabama woman was found

Last edited:
<modsnip>

So far, to my knowledge, none of the other people in that bar on that night have been interviewed and said they also saw the big black dudes. Or her, leaving with them. In fact the surveillance video of the bar that night has been examined and does not show the people that have been described.

"Sergeant Johnny Williams with the Birmingham Police Department said investigators have reviewed surveillance video from a bar where Paighton Houston was last seen and have not found anyone matching the description of the two men she is believed to have left with." B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

<modsnip: quoted post was edited> Media probably would not know is anyone came forward as LE would be reluctant to release this info. JMO

<modsnip>

I have not viewed this interview, but if Sergeant Williams actually said"from a bar where PH was last seen" then that certainly seems to imply that she was actually there....wouldn't it? If your post is verbatim, then it sounds like they actually saw her or verified she was at A bar..

Also, did her mother say she came home from work on Friday then departed for the Tin Roof Bar or did she not return home from work?

I was under the impression she had returned home, probably changed, then went out to join co-workers at the bar, but reading those comments now I think she did not return home from work.

How far from work was the bar?

If so, then there's at least 4-5 hours that she is supposedly in the company of her co-worker(s) at the bar before the reported 10:45 disappearance.
My after-work socializing experiences is that 4 hours is a long time to be in a bar drinking and most everyone would be fairly intoxicated before the music was to start at 11 pm!

And clearly her mom would have been texting her during that time.

If we are not sure she was ever in the bar then there is a lot of time to be accounted for before the 12:15 "Trouble" text.
'
Do we know when the decision was made to go to the bar? Days ahead, hours ahead? And did she verbally speak of going to the bar to her family or was it in text form?

I agree. I agree now that my Neurotypical Husband brought that to my attention. My naïve autistic self didn’t even think that that was an option. Like it wasn’t even in my hemisphere.

My initial thoughts vs my husband’s initial thoughts about P leaving with 2 black heavy set men:

My mind: I found nothing odd about that statement. I didn’t find it to be suspicious by any means. I wasn’t even thinking about that. My initial thoughts before reading others opinions here on WS & about what my husband said: What is considered heavy set for men?”, “What were they wearing”, “How old did they look”, etc...
My Neurotypical Husband’s (who lived half of his life in the south & the other half in a large metropolitan city) initial thoughts: Two black men? That sounds like a bunch of bullshirt. Obviously that person who made that statement is lying. They are trying to purposely throw off the investigation.

I learn so much from him & from everyone here on WS. I am so grateful that I found WS. It has been a great learning experience. I love reading everyone’s thoughts & opinions. It helps to broaden my horizons, see others POV’s!

Some us had similar thoughts and the same kind of hit on our bullsh!t detectors -- that was exactly the reason I returned to WS after learning about the story. Your husband sounds like a really smart guy! (LOL)

<modsnip> Media probably would not know is anyone came forward as LE would be reluctant to release this info. JMO
I never meant to imply it as fact, I'm stating that to my knowledge, no one else has come forward. To my knowledge, only the co-worker has said PH left the bar with these 2 men. To my knowledge, she is the only one who has said that, and according to the link I provided, LE did not see the two men described.

So, make of that what you will. My take away is that no one else came forward, because no one else saw these men. And that, is my opinion, which does not require a link. :)

"Little is known about what happened to Alabama woman Paighton Houston before authorities found her buried in a shallow grave. Officials are still trying to determine how she died. Until then, more questions than answers remain.

Numerous beer cans, cigarette butts, and several other items were strewn about the side and back of the residence. Atlanta-area CSI Sheryl McCollum, director of the Cold Case Research Investigative Institute, said authorities are likely more concerned with the DNA evidence found on Houston’s body.

“Her body is a crime scene. The position of her body is a critical piece of evidence….and possible DNA evidence on the body or cloth touch DNA,” McCollum explained."

[EXCLUSIVE] Paighton Houston: A look at the filthy crime scene where body of beloved Alabama woman was found
Whoah! Well someone’s been a busy bee...
More from the article

Snip

“Her body is a crime scene. The position of her body is a critical piece of evidence….and possible DNA evidence on the body or cloth touch DNA,” McCollum explained.

“If this is a trap house there could be possible DNA off of cigarette butts and beer cans from numerous people, including the homeowner. I wouldn’t want 30 butts or beer cans or DNA from 20 different people. It could hinder the process.”

Snip

Jefferson County sheriff’s Chief Deputy David Agee said on Friday that as of now, Paighton’s case is being treated as a “death investigation” only. Whether the death is a homicide will be determined after the cause of death is revealed.

I have not viewed this interview, but if Sergeant Williams actually said"from a bar where PH was last seen" then that certainly seems to imply that she was actually there....wouldn't it? If your post is verbatim, then it sounds like they actually saw her or verified she was at A bar..
Interestingly, it wasn't actually said that they saw her on the surveillance video. Just that they reviewed the video of the bar where she was last seen (by her co-worker, according to her co-worker's statement). I have no opinion one way or the other if she was actually at the bar, but it would sure be helpful if they said something like "we saw Ms. Houston on the video but not the men described". Statements like that are always helpful to stop any kind of speculation. But, they didn't so we just have to take it for what it is.

Interestingly, it wasn't actually said that they saw her on the surveillance video. Just that they reviewed the video of the bar where she was last seen (by her co-worker, according to her co-worker's statement). I have no opinion one way or the other if she was actually at the bar, but it would sure be helpful if they said something like "we saw Ms. Houston on the video but not the men described". Statements like that are always helpful to stop any kind of speculation. But, they didn't so we just have to take it for what it is.
Yup. If she was confirmed to be at the bar, I’d revert back to believing the original narrative, even with its strangeness.

It would help clear a lot of things up.

It just might mean that the last person that seen her (the coworker) said she was at the bar but we’ve seen no actual proof that she was there.
The “dropped” ID on the dance floor makes me think she was never in that bar.

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Yeah they didn't look like normal cams to me either, but then I thought of Arlo type wireless cams which look sort of weird. Clearly there are cams though, since LE has looked over the footage and didn't see the 2 black dudes. Hmm... :rolleyes:
I’m assuming they got the surveillance video from inside which would be good because it would hopefully give them everything before she Supposedly arrived, during the time she was supposedly there, and would show who she was with when she left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member