Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. We have several people on here who have overcome addiction issues and are fine, humble people. That’s a nasty generalization. During addiction yes, many are very selfish. But even when clean? How can you say that on this thread?

I actually get where this sentiment comes from. Personally, I didn’t advertise my sobriety. It was long slow and lonely. I think the people you are referring to are more likely faking recovery than living it. The amount of shame and guilt I carried was unmeasurable. I didn’t talk about it, went to great lengths to avoid talking about it. Kept my head down, worked double time, because I felt worthless. I felt like I had to make up for my wasted life. I kept this to myself. Most people I’ve known in this situation are similar. I don’t even like to hear jokes about the good ol’ days for lack of a better way of putting it.

Speculation abounds :)

I think she went to the bar. I think her coworker went too, and maybe even more than one coworker/friend.

I think she left the bar for reasons unknown, with the two men, maybe others. I don't have an issue with her, or the alleged men NOT being on camera. She, and her coworker who says she left with the two men, could very well have been standing in the parking lot when she left, or on the street having a smoke.....not necessarily IN the bar.

She may have simply been looking for a ride out of there, maybe with the promise of the two men to drive to another bar/location/back to her car.

I think it entirely possible that others became involved. She could have been doped by those with evil intentions (I think this entirely possible). Drug her up, sexually abuse, murder, then get rid of the body.

The thing I'm trying to figure out, is what led LE to the Pinewood Avenue location, near the tracks that run by Allison Bonnet park?

And secondly, if I were disposing of a body, I'd be REAL concerned about getting caught. So pulling in to that driveway on Chapel Drive, parking my car/van, and taking the time to do that would be risky.

I did notice a junkyard at the end of Chapel, about a football field away from the home where she was found.

I've also considered that a get together may have gone down right at the Chapel Drive home, she was there, being hastily buried by intoxicated/stoned individual(s) in the yard. Maybe the people living around there were used to the local yahoo's having parties there and thought nothing of it, or wished not to get involved.

Speculation abounds!

We do know that she did not attempt to confirm PH's well being after receiving that horrifying text. We do know that her story has changed several times. There are several other incriminating tidbits that I can't pass along here as well. Is she guilty? I dunno, but there certainly is a lot of sketchy information about this person that needs to be answered for.

I don’t think we know if she attempted to check on Ph. I don’t think we know if her story changed or if the grieving family read more into her lack of information as many have. I think unfortunately some feed on conspiracy and like a good lynching as long as they are not on the receiving end of it. I respect your opinion, but disagree on what we know as fact and what little info people have taken liberties with.

I have a gut feeling that is what happened. No idea why, but my hinky meter is off the charts on this case.

The more people involved the more likely it is that at least one of them will talk. Groups of people involved in something like this cannot be quiet about it. Even if they don’t tell LE they will tell someone and it will trickle back.

It seems like a group would have done a better job of hiding her body but when people are using their minds don’t work all that well.

JMO

I'm not able to keep up this is going too fast. a friend of mine from AL was saying they do have video of her leaving w these BBM but i thought LE said there is no video of this. amirite or is this a new development?

Dang. We have several people on here who have overcome addiction issues and are fine, humble people. That’s a nasty generalization. During addiction yes, many are very selfish. But even when clean? How can you say that on this thread?

Thank you for this. It sounds like a lack of empathy. Pot, meet kettle.

Last edited:
Right, but no one spent energy on burying someone. These people are a selfish bunch, even when they get clean, it is all about them, how awesome they are to recover...on and on...honestly, drug addicts are too self absorbed to care about burying someone. They would happily dump them out of the car, and keep on going, life is a party. Burying someone, is not a party. They wouldn't bother.
Welp. That’s a sweeping generalization and not at all true, but I hope some day you get to meet someone who is clean that can change your mind. Yikes. I’m sorry you feel that way. o_O

Speculation abounds :)

I think she went to the bar. I think her coworker went too, and maybe even more than one coworker/friend.

I think she left the bar for reasons unknown, with the two men, maybe others. I don't have an issue with her, or the alleged men NOT being on camera. She, and her coworker who says she left with the two men, could very well have been standing in the parking lot when she left, or on the street having a smoke.....not necessarily IN the bar.

She may have simply been looking for a ride out of there, maybe with the promise of the two men to drive to another bar/location/back to her car.

I think it entirely possible that others became involved. She could have been doped by those with evil intentions (I think this entirely possible). Drug her up, sexually abuse, murder, then get rid of the body.

The thing I'm trying to figure out, is what led LE to the Pinewood Avenue location, near the tracks that run by Allison Bonnet park?

And secondly, if I were disposing of a body, I'd be REAL concerned about getting caught. So pulling in to that driveway on Chapel Drive, parking my car/van, and taking the time to do that would be risky.

I did notice a junkyard at the end of Chapel, about a football field away from the home where she was found.

I've also considered that a get together may have gone down right at the Chapel Drive home, she was there, being hastily buried by intoxicated/stoned individual(s) in the yard. Maybe the people living around there were used to the local yahoo's having parties there and thought nothing of it, or wished not to get involved.

Speculation abounds!

There is also speculation from some that do not know PH in the same sense they do not know her co worker. I have read a statement(s) by those who know PH best, the texts and behavior is not past behavior of PH and seems suspect in their personal perspectives.

Was PH known to have a past roaming the streets, working the streets, jumping in and out of cars with strangers to go looking for drugs? Would PH go to a dark, dangerous, sinister looking crack type house to sit in filth to do drugs and possibly step or be pricked by used needles, sit in feces, and not to mention the rodents, bugs, and snakes?

I believe it is speculation that all drug users behave in this manner and this is not true. There are not as many drugs users as society likes to believe, not as many who would do the vs, who have other options, no need to go through such lengths to get their hands on drugs, and would never choose to spend any time at a trap house if they had to wait vs those who are willing to do anything for drugs and do not care how they get drugs, through prostitution etc, no care whom they are in company of, and no care as to where they end up to get high at.

This behavior is generally seen with those who are in the midst of hopelessness, dead inside, no way out lifestyles, destitute, and so desperate for a fix, they do not love themselves enough sadly, to make better decisions for themselves.

All my opinion.

Last edited:
The more people involved the more likely it is that at least one of them will talk. Groups of people involved in something like this cannot be quiet about it. Even if they don’t tell LE they will tell someone end it will trickle back.

It seems like a group would have done a better job of hiding her body but when people are using their minds don’t work all that well.

JMO
I think that one of them has already talked, thats why we have a body. You simply cannot arrest people based on what one person says. That all needs backed up with other witnesses or hard evidence.

Right, but no one spent energy on burying someone. These people are a selfish bunch, even when they get clean, it is all about them, how awesome they are to recover...on and on...honestly, drug addicts are too self absorbed to care about burying someone. They would happily dump them out of the car, and keep on going, life is a party. Burying someone, is not a party. They wouldn't bother.

I really don't understand how people are so comfortable with making generalizations like this. I guess empathy is rare trait nowadays.

Here is a case where they not only buried the body but also tried to burn it.

Docs: Man says he burned, buried body found in backyard

Coroner confirms man found dead in Bakersfield backyard died of drug overdose | News | bakersfield.com

Okay my thoughts fwiw...

When I am trying to know whether I can reach someone if I need to ask them something or just to know if they are available, I always text a quick "r u there?" or similar. Often if I want to talk to my daughter about something I cannot discuss in front of others when I am at work, I do that and when she responds that she is there, I'll say I'll call her. If I was in a bad situation, whomever was first on my text list I would first make sure they had their phone and were responding to me. If I couldn't verify that, I'd text my next lifeline...then I would continue with "answer if I call...feel in trouble...don't know these peeps...etc." But that's just me.

I just never liked the text PH "sent." IF PH sent it, what was her expectation? She had no assurance it was received (which apparently it wasn't at the time) so PH could not count on that person being there if she needed her. If PH was of sound enough mind to send that over wordy text, I would think it would be easier to just say, "where are you? I need a ride" or "I messed up. I don't know where I am. I'm gonna call you." There was no reason to mention who she was with if not other than to shift blame AWAY from the people who were known to be with her last. If she thought she was in danger, but not ready to ask for help, why text at all? Also, when she did not receive a response, she did not follow up. I think the text was sent after whatever happened went down from those responsible. The first inclination was to try to remove the last people known to have been with her from focus (when she is discovered which they knew would obviously happen eventually.) They could have not sent anything...but then why not "help" their situation by implying she was with people she didn't know. Whoever sent it already decided they would not answer and make up why, "fell asleep, phone died, didn't hear it, etc." Made sense at the time.

Sorry, my more than 20 years as a licensed substance abuse counselor have often made me cynical and jaded.

Apologies to those I offended.

Okay my thoughts fwiw...

When I am trying to know whether I can reach someone if I need to ask them something or just to know if they are available, I always text a quick "r u there?" or similar. Often if I want to talk to my daughter about something I cannot discuss in front of others when I am at work, I do that and when she responds that she is there, I'll say I'll call her. If I was in a bad situation, whomever was first on my text list I would first make sure they had their phone and were responding to me. If I couldn't verify that, I'd text my next lifeline...then I would continue with "answer if I call...feel in trouble...don't know these peeps...etc." But that's just me.

I just never liked the text PH "sent." IF PH sent it, what was her expectation? She had no assurance it was received (which apparently it wasn't at the time) so PH could not count on that person being there if she needed her. If PH was of sound enough mind to send that over wordy text, I would think it would be easier to just say, "where are you? I need a ride" or "I messed up. I don't know where I am. I'm gonna call you." There was no reason to mention who she was with if not other than to shift blame AWAY from the people who were known to be with her last. If she thought she was in danger, but not ready to ask for help, why text at all? Also, when she did not receive a response, she did not follow up. I think the text was sent after whatever happened went down from those responsible. The first inclination was to try to remove the last people known to have been with her from focus (when she is discovered which they knew would obviously happen eventually.) They could have not sent anything...but then why not "help" their situation by implying she was with people she didn't know. Whoever sent it already decided they would not answer and make up why, "fell asleep, phone died, didn't hear it, etc." Made sense at the time.

Believe me, I totally hear ya about the text being hinky. As I mentioned earlier, the thing that keeps coming back to my mind though is if she was totally under the influence and fading fast, her text could be pretty weird, for lack of a better term.

I’ve shuddered when I’ve read some of my texts in the past sent while drinking-I can’t imagine heroin, if that’s the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop