Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my opinion thus far. I’m not always right and when I’m wrong, I’m usually horribly wrong sooooo.

When I heard the initial report, I didn’t go all conspiracy on the co-worker. I don’t know how friendly they were, or just mildly aquatinted. May have just been convenient to park there and ride, or maybe routine because of the physical relation to work. They may not hav3 hung together once they arrived. I don’t know if it was common for her to go her own way then meet back or get a ride to pickup her car. The co worker was not in my opinion responsible for another adult, especially if that adult and that persons relationship was such that she didn’t feel like what PH was doing was her business. She very well may have been home asleep. I don’t know what to make of the text message. “I don’t know who I’m with” to me, indicates that she was in a car at the time. Not mentioning she doesn’t know where she’s at, to me says, she was familiar at least with the general location. I have contemplated that initially the co worker may not have wanted to be involved. As in she didn’t want to rat her out to the parents. If she knew of her history and maybe how often they kept in contact, she may have known maybe her not being where she said she was going to be was an issue with them. How would she know these two men were strangers. Doesn’t sound like she was introduced. Maybe they were strangers to her. Keep in mind, we got the context from the family. That could have been their interpretation. I think this will most likely turn out to be a typical murder case as apposed to an elaborate plot involving the co worker or an OD for that matter. I’m not saying it could not involve drugs, but in regards to how she may have wound up in the situation.

The initial use of the word "cloth" seemed odd to me, but it actually makes sense if you could tell it wasn't a sheet, but weren't really sure what it was. Then I got to thinking about all the types of fabric that would be big enough to wrap a human body, and the list isn't long for typical household items - rug, tarp, shower curtain, bedding (sheet, bedspread, comforter, mattress cover). I think whatever this cloth is, was an item of convenience. Wherever they were, she was there, the "cloth" was there and that's what was used. Could have even come from inside that house.

moo

Some people cover furniture that is worn or ripped by furniture covers made for sofas and chairs.
Possibly could have bee wrapped in one pulled off a sofa?

The initial use of the word "cloth" seemed odd to me, but it actually makes sense if you could tell it wasn't a sheet, but weren't really sure what it was. Then I got to thinking about all the types of fabric that would be big enough to wrap a human body, and the list isn't long for typical household items - rug, tarp, shower curtain, bedding (sheet, bedspread, comforter, mattress cover). I think whatever this cloth is, was an item of convenience. Wherever they were, she was there, the "cloth" was there and that's what was used. Could have even come from inside that house.

moo

Some people cover furniture that is worn or ripped by furniture covers made for sofas and chairs.
Possibly could have bee wrapped in one pulled off a sofa?

Did we ever get MSM information on her debit card? Just making sure I didn't miss that information as this case's postings are moving at a more brisk pace of late.

A couple of other random musings - the trash and stuff in the yard of the house where she was found, that's about normal for certain neighborhoods in Alabama. Definitely not an HOA there and tough to get compliance with city nuisance ordinances in those types of neighborhoods. She could have possibly been wrapped in a furniture cover but I would be surprised. Usually people in these neighborhoods don't spring for the Chip and Joanna look although some elderly do throw something over furniture on occasion. More often, they just use it till the legs fall off then kick it out the back door and go to the rental place and get some more. Sad but true.

moo
The DA said it was cloth, simply because it was still wrapped around her and covered in 2 weeks worth of dirt and mud. I'd guess its a sheet simply because they are cheap and readily available. Hopefully it is because I'd think that sheets are likely full of DNA fragments. Of course it could have been a brand new sheet, but that would likely indicate premeditation.

Did we ever get MSM information on her debit card? Just making sure I didn't miss that information as this case's postings are moving at a more brisk pace of late.

A couple of other random musings - the trash and stuff in the yard of the house where she was found, that's about normal for certain neighborhoods in Alabama. Definitely not an HOA there and tough to get compliance with city nuisance ordinances in those types of neighborhoods. She could have possibly been wrapped in a furniture cover but I would be surprised. Usually people in these neighborhoods don't spring for the Chip and Joanna look although some elderly do throw something over furniture on occasion. More often, they just use it till the legs fall off then kick it out the back door and go to the rental place and get some more. Sad but true.
No we haven't. We have nothing from the police besides the initial missing person report and the finding of the body. That is it.

Thank you for the link.

While this happened to someone who was friends with the person who ODd, I just dont get the feeling this is what has happened in PHs case.

I'm not convinced PH even knew the men. They could be complete strangers for all we know.

Cases like this have happened several times before when females left a bar with someone they just met only to be found afterwards to have been murdered by them.

Do we have any verifiable evidence PH had even relapsed, and was doing drugs again or is that just an assumption speculative theory? Has her close friends or family said this is true? Tia

Imo, the most logical conclusions is she too met the same fate by leaving a bar with someone she did not know.

I still feel this was a sexually motivated crime against an attractive vulnerable young woman, just like the others who made the same mistake of leaving a bar with someone they did not know.

Imo, PH has suffered the same fate as the other victims when the circumstances were very similiar to PHs.

Jmho

Thank you for the link.

While this happened to someone who was friends with the person who ODd, I just dont get the feeling this is what has happened in PHs case.

I'm not convinced PH even knew the men. They could be complete strangers for all we know.

Cases like this have happened several times before when females left a bar with someone they just met only to be found afterwards to have been murdered by them.

Do we have any verifiable evidence PH had even relapsed, and was doing drugs again or is that just an assumption speculative theory? Has her close friends or family said this is true? Tia

Imo, the most logical conclusions is she too met the same fate by leaving a bar with someone she did not know.

I still feel this was a sexually motivated crime against an attractive vulnerable young woman, just like the others who made the same mistake of leaving a bar with someone they did not know.

Imo, PH has suffered the same fate as the other victims when the circumstances were very similiar to PHs.

Jmho
That is a good theory if you actually believe she ever made it to the bar.

As for leaving with two men? Not something she would ever do according to those close to her. I am not even sure that she was even attracted to men if you catch my drift.

My heart is also saying she didn’t relapse and so is my head; however, both have been wrong before ❤️

I was wondering if Paighton was taking medications to prevent relapse.

Methadone, buprenorphine, suboxone, A maintenance medication program to keep her off heroin. Benzodiazepines are sometimes prescribed for side effects too

The addiction treatment center she was at, was in 2018. She may have left the center and prescribed one these medications when leaving. MOO

"Individuals progress through drug addiction treatment at various rates, so there is no predetermined length of treatment. However, research has shown unequivocally that good outcomes are contingent on adequate treatment length.

12 months is considered the minimum, and some opioid-addicted individuals continue to benefit from methadone maintenance for many years."

How long does drug addiction treatment usually last?

"If an individual treated with these medications tries to take an opioid such as heroin, the euphoric effects are usually dampened or suppressed. Patients undergoing maintenance treatment do not experience the physiological or behavioral abnormalities from rapid fluctuations in drug levels associated with heroin use. Maintenance treatments save lives"

Is the use of medications like methadone and buprenorphine simply replacing one addiction with another?

Shocking details alleged in Heidi Broussard, baby Margot kidnapping case

I’m not saying her friends/co workers did anything to PH but now days you have to look at everyone and especially the last people you are with. Just look what this so called “good friend” did to poor HB and her new born baby. She was right there during the birth, stayed in their home and still did heinous things to them. MOO

I just think focusing on the co worker without any evidence that she did any wrong, is a slippery slope. To my knowledge no one, including LE has directed any attention towards this person. We have only heard one side and I can surmise that the truth lies somewhere between what we’ve heard and what LE knows, and we don’t know what that it.

I just think focusing on the co worker without any evidence that she did any wrong, is a slippery slope. To my knowledge no one, including LE has directed any attention towards this person. We have only heard one side and I can surmise that the truth lies somewhere between what we’ve heard and what LE knows, and we don’t know what that it.

Bravo. Slippery slope indeed.

I have my Masters in Soil Science so have studied decay. Just want to add that the mechanisms that they refer to in the above article (BBM) are fermentation and bacteria which starts to break down tissue. Both of which interfere with the concentration of any chemical present at time of death.
The other thing to know is that arsenic (which is found in all soil) and lead will also affect drug concentrations . So the longer a body is in contact with soil, the better chance of that happening as well.

Awesome master’s degree.

Bravo. Slippery slope indeed.

Actually, shifting directly to the coworker, given some potential issues with one element of the story, is kind of going the wrong direction I think. If there's a question about how she left the bar, one of those questions leads you to think that the person(s) who made up that story perhaps didn't know PH particularly well.

There's just so much we don't know.

Right, but no one spent energy on burying someone. These people are a selfish bunch, even when they get clean, it is all about them, how awesome they are to recover...on and on...honestly, drug addicts are too self absorbed to care about burying someone. They would happily dump them out of the car, and keep on going, life is a party. Burying someone, is not a party. They wouldn't bother.

Dang. We have several people on here who have overcome addiction issues and are fine, humble people. That’s a nasty generalization. During addiction yes, many are very selfish. But even when clean? How can you say that on this thread?

Thalium maybe? Detectable via Prussian Blue...zzz
(That was an interesting Dateline, “Prussian Blue”—-there’s a guarded government stockpile iirc...I posted about it somewhere..)

—-

ETA / Re: Arsenic-

“Tests are available to diagnose poisoning by measuring arsenic in blood, urine, hair, and fingernails. The urine test is the most reliable test for arsenic exposure within the last few days. ... Tests on hair and fingernails can measure exposure to high levels of arsenic over the past 6–12 months”

Arsenic poisoning - Wikipedia

O/T:
I do know that some people can smell cyanide, others can’t. This ability is genetic, iirc. Smells like burned almonds I think, iirc from Forensic Files.

ah, interesting. i remembered that for a lot of cases, poisons were missed only because you have to specifically test for them which a lot of ME don't do. So maybe that's what i was thinking of. But i swear i remember a poison that even if tested for is incredibly hard to detect? maybe not, i don't know. i'm dubious about googling 'poisons that are undetectable' ha.

Dang. We have several people on here who have overcome addiction issues and are fine, humble people. That’s a nasty generalization. During addiction yes, many are very selfish. But even when clean? How can you say that on this thread?
Maybe, but mickey2942 is right on the money with their assessment IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member