Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My own thinking (need that cute mooing cow emoticon we used to have) is that if the person responsible for her death has a connection to the property, they probably transported her there after death, knowing it was unoccupied and possibly having made preparations ahead of time.

Or maybe the death happened inside? I dunno.

(I forgot about all that cow, lol... @cody22 would’ve been in heaven if he was around here then, since he loves moooooooooing so much :D..)

Last edited:
Nice catch. I’m going with “sheets” from the above post I BBM’d, moo. But who knows, could be a reporter misquoting, who knows.

FTR, the source below is AL.com which is pretty big. (Checking the other source now)

“Houston’s body was found Friday in a shallow grave in the backyard of a home on Chapel Drive in Hueytown. The remains were wrapped in sheets and the body was intact, said Jefferson County Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynneice Washington.

Source:
Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined
I’ve been trying to catch up all day & I’m still behind. Sorry if this has been posted already.

Here is the live video of DA Lynneice Washington speaking from the scene.

She says “she was wrapped up”. A reporter asks “wrapped up in what?” & she replies with “cloth of some kind...”

Body found in Hueytown

I don’t know what happened, that’s for sure.

There’s so many possibilities and not many confirmed facts to base a theory.

I do wish reporters, and even the police and DA spokespeople, would make use of the word, “allegedly”, I haven’t heard it used once in this case and there’s been many statements where I think it would have been helpful.

Facts don’t change and too much has been stated in this case as fact, without any corroboration, causing more confusion, and a lot of rumor in the public sphere.

As one example, “Paighton “allegedly” left with two black men” is a true statement, but the police continue to be quoted in many publications as if it is a fact that she left with two men, while some sites also quote the police saying there’s no video evidence to back up the statement.
That confuses people.

I briefly joined a private Facebook group several days ago but quickly left, the gossip and unfounded accusations in this case are out of control.

Maybe the cops are letting this show go on to stress out the people involved, so they don’t keep their stories straight. If that’s the case, I sure hope it’s working because reading the crazy posts on just one social media page sure stressed me out.

The only thing I’m sure of is I don’t know anything except Paighton went out one Friday night before Christmas and ended up being found in a shallow grave two weeks later.

And also, I have not read one thing from anyone close to Paighton that was anything negative about her personality or character.

She was clearly loved very much, those that knew her, believed in her.

“"She's always very cautious," Houston's friend, Jennifer Schaffner, said at the vigil. "She's just not one to do, you know, something like that, like, leave with a random person. That's just not who she is."”

Family desperate for answers 10 days after woman vanished from Birmingham bar

Last edited:
I’m recalling from quite a while back here that there was a time when batches of contaminated heroin was making it’s rounds and people were dying. Anyone remember that? I wonder how prevalent that is now, and if there are any recent reports of this. I’m sure it’s likely that this still does occur. I wonder if there is a bad batch going around there.
Here in the St. Louis area we have epidemics like this every so often. A couple times a year we get these strange news reports of large numbers of dead bodies (mostly of homeless people and other vagrants) randomly being found in the streets and in other weird places. It's usually attributed to a bad batch of drugs that made its way into the area recently.

Here in the St. Louis area we have epidemics like this every so often. A couple times a year we get these strange news reports of large numbers of dead bodies (mostly of homeless people and other vagrants) randomly being found in the streets and in other weird places. It's usually attributed to a bad batch of drugs that made its way into the area recently.

They are mixing cheap Fentanyl from China with heroin, it’s killing people everywhere.

“All it takes is just three grains like sugar that size to have an overdose,” said Fernandez Rundle. “Fentanyl is 50 to 80 times stronger than heroin so it’s no wonder we have an epidemic of overdoses.”

““Fentanyl comes in from China. It is imported here and there it’s mixed with cheap stuff to make it go longer and so we find a mixture of different drugs,” said Fernandez Rundle.”
Medical Examiner Confirms Child Died From Fentanyl, Heroin

The world's deadliest drug.
The China Connection: How One D.E.A. Agent Cracked a Global Fentanyl Ring

My own thinking (need that cute mooing cow emoticon we used to have) is that if the person responsible for her death has a connection to the property, they probably transported her there after death, knowing it was unoccupied and possibly having made preparations ahead of time.

Or maybe the death happened inside? I dunno.

I would agree with this. Whoever put her there was either completely insane to pick a random house and dispose of her body in the back yard, or, much more likely, well aware that no one would see them because they knew that no one lived there.

I’ve seen “fabric” and “some sort of fabric” as well in various articles. One even said blanket. So it’s all clear as mud. Cloth and fabric are broad and generic and could definitely refer more specifically to a sheet or blanket. Which seems most likely given that, forgive the gruesomeness, would be long and wide enough to wrap a whole body. MOO
The initial use of the word "cloth" seemed odd to me, but it actually makes sense if you could tell it wasn't a sheet, but weren't really sure what it was. Then I got to thinking about all the types of fabric that would be big enough to wrap a human body, and the list isn't long for typical household items - rug, tarp, shower curtain, bedding (sheet, bedspread, comforter, mattress cover). I think whatever this cloth is, was an item of convenience. Wherever they were, she was there, the "cloth" was there and that's what was used. Could have even come from inside that house.

moo

If the address where PH was recovered is a drug/flop house, I can't see sheets and blankets being readily available. No hospital corners either, imo.
The house has only recently been abandoned, and based on the items on the porch, in the broken down shed and in the yard, I'm guessing things like furniture, sheets and blankets were all left behind. Just a guess though.

Top one is while you are alive. Not sure if that applies after death.

Yeah but we don't know when she died let's say that there's no drugs in blood of specific type but there are in liver it could mean was alive long enough for the body to process them but yeah agreed won't make much difference since the tests should account for all of that and time of death can be estimated in other ways anyway and the issue here is cause

The house has only recently been abandoned, and based on the items on the porch, in the broken down shed and in the yard, I'm guessing things like furniture, sheets and blankets were all left behind. Just a guess though.

I agree. I hate to be so morbid but the large thick rug in the yard seems like such an obvious choice for coverage, maybe there were other rugs, too. There’s even a refrigerator, it looks like they dumped everything in the yard that they didn’t want when they moved out, it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if there was also an old blanket, sheet or tarp left by the previous tenant.
But, if she died somewhere else, maybe they brought her to the property wrapped in something. If someone’s going to move a dead body, some fabric or tarp would make it much easier.
I can understand why the cops don’t want details validated that only whoever is involved would know.
F8E9C4C4-7312-4567-A14B-BDA12A5E2001.jpeg

Last edited:
They are mixing cheap Fentanyl from China with heroin, it’s killing people everywhere.

“All it takes is just three grains like sugar that size to have an overdose,” said Fernandez Rundle. “Fentanyl is 50 to 80 times stronger than heroin so it’s no wonder we have an epidemic of overdoses.”

““Fentanyl comes in from China. It is imported here and there it’s mixed with cheap stuff to make it go longer and so we find a mixture of different drugs,” said Fernandez Rundle.”

The world's deadliest drug.

This is horrific. It reminds me of the huge pet food recall the US had about a decade ago which was widespread, contaminating numerous well-known brands and killing numerous peta, that was attributed to contaminated wheat-gluten from China. I don’t buy anything from China if I can help it, period. Moo. It also reminds me of fake knock off makeup where there was actually feces in it. There’s a thread here.

I agree. I hate to be so morbid but the large thick rug in the yard seems like such an obvious choice for coverage, maybe there were other rugs, too. But, if she died somewhere else, maybe they brought her to the property wrapped in something. If someone’s going to move a dead body, some fabric or tarp would make it much easier. There’s even a refrigerator, it looks like they dumped everything in the yard that they didn’t want when they moved out, it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if there was also an old blanket, sheet or tarp left by the previous tenant.
View attachment 224287

Maybe not related, but that blue storage container is the same type that we’ve seen used here in other cases, Hailey Owens for example, as well as a UID in Apache Junction, AZ, iirc.

—-

ETA: Additionally, from the article above that @everybodhi posted:

“Capt. Milan says when new shipments of the drugs come in, the use and overdoses rises — something they have to be ready to respond to.

“They get purchased again and you see something else happen on the street. Maybe there’s more events going on, more partying and then you see more of the drug,” said Capt. Milan.

To combat this growing epidemic, firefighters and paramedics administer Narcan, an opiate antidote – something Walgreens announced it will start stocking without requiring a prescription in 45 states. It’s something city of Miami fire rescue says may help save lives.

“The key is going to be education, obviously prevention. The key is trying to stop the patient from using it but if they do overdose or they’re in need of it, they can help a family member so that would be good,” said Capt. Milan.

Fernandez Rundle wants all police officers to carry Narcan with them. “This is an inexpensive way to save a life,” said Fernandez Rundle. “It can save a life and an officer’s life.””

—-

Also, good article, (scary), the one about China by NYT- I recommend reading the full article. Here are a few more relevant snippets:

“For Buemi, the China connection was hardly a surprise. According to the State Department, China has between 160,000 and 400,000 chemical companies operating legally, illegally or somewhere in between — an expansive estimate that reflects both the vastness of the industry and the scarcity of the information available. Some of these facilities manufacture tons of chemicals every week, or more than a million pills per day. In 2016, the industry made up 3 percent of China’s national economy, with over $100 billion in profits annually. Most of these companies are members of the vast pharmaceutical underclass, pumping out huge quantities of inexpensive generic drugs and pharmaceutical ingredients. It’s a low-cost, low-profit business, but the barriers to entry are minimal, and the market is immense: The basic pharmaceutical ingredients that China produces are needed by more advanced drug companies everywhere in the world — including the United States — for synthesis into more complex and profitable medicines.

The agency responsible for overseeing production of drugs and detecting malfeasance in China is understaffed and overwhelmed: As of 2017, there were around 2,000 inspectors at the agency, and they conducted a total of only 751 inspections that year, a minuscule figure compared with the enormousness of the industry. In the United States, law enforcement and prosecutors have the tools to react quickly to the rise of new copycat drugs that could be used for illicit purposes. Under the Controlled Substance Analogue Enforcement Act, passed in 1986, any new compound that is “substantially similar” to an already banned, or scheduled, drug can be treated as if it were chemically identical. But chemicals banned in the United States often remain legal in China, where the process for controlling chemicals is slow and cumbersome, especially for substances like fentanyl that exist in the purgatory between legitimate pharmaceuticals and illicit drugs.”
-much more at link

Last edited:
This is horrific. It reminds me of the huge pet food recall the US had about a decade ago which was widespread, contaminating numerous well-known brands and killing numerous pets—that was contaminated wheat-gluten from China. I don’t buy anything from China if I can help it, period. Moo. It also reminds me of fake knock off makeup where there was actually feces in it. There’s a thread here.

Maybe not related, but that blue storage container is the same type that we’ve seen used here in other cases, Hailey Owens for example, as well as a UID in Apache Junction, AZ, iirc.

—-

ETA: Additionally, from the article above that @everybodhi posted:

“Capt. Milan says when new shipments of the drugs come in, the use and overdoses rises — something they have to be ready to respond to.

“They get purchased again and you see something else happen on the street. Maybe there’s more events going on, more partying and then you see more of the drug,” said Capt. Milan.

To combat this growing epidemic, firefighters and paramedics administer Narcan, an opiate antidote – something Walgreens announced it will start stocking without requiring a prescription in 45 states. It’s something city of Miami fire rescue says may help save lives.

“The key is going to be education, obviously prevention. The key is trying to stop the patient from using it but if they do overdose or they’re in need of it, they can help a family member so that would be good,” said Capt. Milan.

Fernandez Rundle wants all police officers to carry Narcan with them. “This is an inexpensive way to save a life,” said Fernandez Rundle. “It can save a life and an officer’s life.””

I get narcan from the drugstore and hand it out to addicts. They don’t always have the wherewithal to be on top of that, so I do what I can to maybe buy someone another chance. It’s easy to get.

It could be multiple signs of death, and they just havent figured out which one was responsible for her demise. Not that I believe this is the case. I just don’t think I saw anything that said no signs of physical trauma. Sorry if there was and I missed it. Two weeks in the elements takes a toll.

As an example. If an autopsy is done on a person with multiple stab wounds - the pathologist has to trace each wound and determine WHICH wound was fatal. If an autopsy is done on a person with multiple gunshot wounds - the pathologist must trace the path of each bullet to determine which bullet wound was fatal. If an autopsy is done on a person with stab wounds and bullet wounds - the pathologist must determine what caused the death. What was the actual cause of death - stab wound or bullet wound?

There you have three scenarios where the cause of death had to be explored further.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but might there be a possibility that this is an accidental date-rape (GHB) overdose?

What I find very scary, is that you can order chloroform online. How creepy is that? Get someone to go outside with you, to have a quick smoke, or offer some Coke in your car, they get to the car, come up from behind, put chloroform rag on their face, and they are out. Drive off.

It would be that quick and easy.

In reference to what she was wrapped in. I too heard cloth of some sort originally. A tarp was used in the Arkansas senators murder, but that female friend suspect didn’t get further than the driveway with body. Not sure that I would use cloth to describe a tarp as most, I think, are plastic.
In the case of Savannah Spurlock she was allegedly moved from the male suspect’s residence to his parent’s back yard wrapped in a rug. A rug that just so happened to be purchased at Walmart and replaced by an identical one thanks to text info from the suspects sister on where he could find that rug to replace.
Whatever this cloth was, hopefully it too can be traced back to where it came from or where it was purchased. And if it was used to move PH from one location to another hopefully someone’s vehicle has pending evidence of that. Moo

As an example. If an autopsy is done on a person with multiple stab wounds - the pathologist has to trace each wound and determine WHICH wound was fatal. If an autopsy is done on a person with multiple gunshot wounds - the pathologist must trace the path of each bullet to determine which bullet wound was fatal. If an autopsy is done on a person with stab wounds and bullet wounds - the pathologist must determine what caused the death. What was the actual cause of death - stab wound or bullet wound?

There you have three scenarios where the cause of death had to be explored further.
Yes. And I believe LE wants to keep the COD quite for now. I feel like there are multiple people involved here and probably lots of talk. I think not publishing the COD will help them figure out what people are legit. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this is an OD, and it wouldn't surprise me if it was gunshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member