Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be careful about drawing conclusions from the sheets/blankets comments in the al.com article. I’m guessing they are getting this from the brief interview provided live from the scene by the assistant DA who confirmed that a body had been found. I don’t have a link but I listened to it live. I’m pretty sure she just said the body was wrapped in cloth, and it seemed pretty obvious that she wasn’t sure about the details. While al.com certainly qualifies as MSM, many of their news articles aren’t particularly good on the details. Then we all focus on the details since that’s all we have, and arrive at conclusions that may not be supported.

If they are referring to the original quote, then it was indeed “cloth”, but I got the impression the AL article that referenced “sheets” was new and this was updated information, quoted exclusively to the reporter...I remember the article was dated Jan. 6. and had other updated information. Maybe this isn’t the case, will look again with fresh eyes tomorrow. I looked up the reporter also earlier, Carol iirc. Zzzzz

First, I want to say that I don't think PH's phone data led authorities anywhere close to Hueytown. I believe it was a person that provided information that led them to PH's burial site. (Distance from the Tin Roof Bar and burial location was less than 15 miles -- 20 minutes by car). If active phone data available, I don't think it would have taken two weeks to locate P's body.

Second, I want to share something I learned today from an arrest affidavit on another missing person case:

Zetx.com is an online tool that will identify the carrier and the registered name associated with a phone number. Once an investigator confirms the carrier still provides phone service for the target phone number (i.e., the number not recently ported), they can submit a Surveillance Order with Emergent Addendum to the carrier to enable the carrier to begin sending emergency pings to the target phone number. Typically, the emergency pings go out every 15 minutes for an average of 48 hours in an attempt to locate its position, and the if and where the phone's been in use. I hope this effort becomes standard when searching for missing persons.

MOO
Thanks for posting this. It super cool but also controversial because it can allows the user to capture data without a warrant. A similar company is now dealing with multiple lawsuits because of this. The FCC is also involved. I agree with you and hope they can iron things out so this tech can be used.

On the issue of what PH was wrapped up in, I went back and listened to the actual interview. The DA just says “cloth,” and makes clear that she wasn’t up on all those details. It is at about 2:34 in the video.

Coroner: Paighton Houston’s cause of death is pending after autopsy

There is no doubting “cloth” was the initial word mentioned—question is if the AL article which says “sheets” is updated information or not. I’m too tired and crosseyed to assess that at the moment.

Strictly my opinion only but I live in Birmingham and know the area where she was buried. Someone knew. Forensics can't detect drugs after 14 days. That's when they got tip

[bbm]

ummmm can you each post a link cause your posts are polar opposite

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/6e05/d55e38fa6eb879ac5bee5e5e647deb005803.pdf

Not only were remains of a capsule found in the dental calculus of a male found buried at the variscite mines of Barcelona, Spain during the fourth millennium BC, but traces of opiates were found in his skeleton as well as the bones of another adult male

A long, long, long time.

Question about NARCAN, is it for all overdoses? Such as cocaine, herion, pain meds, etc? I am naive to all of this.
Narcan only works on opiates/opioids (do either prescription drugs like Vicodin, Oxy, etc or street drugs like heroin).

It will also often put users into rapid withdrawal which means they wake up sick, angry..and SICK. But they’re alive.

Last edited:
I was reading this earlier! Very in-depth and well explained.

I don’t know who here was in the Lucas Hernandez thread, but meth of some sort is created by decomp as well. I remember he had some levels of methamphetamine in his system and they weren’t sure if it was due to post mortem decomp.

The good news is that PH was found much sooner and I’m hopeful they will get answers from the tox.

Whhhat?? Are you sure? Sorry I’m half asleep. Are you thinking of Shannan’s tox report and when DA Rourke was sure to explain the metabolic decomp biprocess of.....shows up as alcohol I think it was? Zzz

Last edited:
There is no doubting “cloth” was the initial word mentioned—question is if the AL article which says “sheets” is updated information or not. I’m too tired and crosseyed to assess that at the moment.

This is the latest from Carol Robinson for al.com. She says “sheets,” but otherwise appears to be reporting things said by Lynniece Washington in the video I posted earlier. I think Carol’s just being sloppy here.

Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined

I hear ya, and my thoughts were trending the same way.

However it gives me pause, reading these recent statements from the coroner and the sheriff:

"The autopsy for Paighton Houston has been completed, but authorities said they don’t yet know how the Trussville woman died."
Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death

"Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee said the sheriff’s office has taken over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide. "

So there are no obvious signs of death, like stabbing, shooting, blunt force trauma. And they are not even certain it was a homicide.

So the method of her disposal seems like she was a homicide victim, but her remains do not show violence.

Also, being wrapped in a blanket and buried---it almost seems like it was someone who knew her and cared about her that disposed of her. She wasn't tossed in a dumpster or left in a drainage ditch somewhere.

I think it might be possible that she was getting high with a friend, OD'ed and the friend did not want to be involved. Maybe it was a coworker or a family friend and they didnt want to be known as being connected to her relapse?

It could be multiple signs of death, and they just havent figured out which one was responsible for her demise. Not that I believe this is the case. I just don’t think I saw anything that said no signs of physical trauma. Sorry if there was and I missed it. Two weeks in the elements takes a toll.

Agreed, I have known a lot of drug addicts, and have heard some crazy stories about people who OD'ed. Not ONE STORY ended with, "She OD'ed, so we decided to bury her". Not!

Here is a website dedicated to young people who have Od'd and not been 'saved' by their friends.

I clicked on a few of them, haven't seen any examples yet of the victim being buried.

One teen girl was left alongside a creekbed by her boyfriend, who was supposed to be driving his unconscious gf to the ER. [ He was eventually charged with manslaughter]

Another girl who died, was driven to the ER and dropped off by 2 friends, who were eventually charged with manslaughter, for waiting so long to get her help.

!Dannielle McCarthy's News Page

Welcome To Our Site
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DIE.COM

excerpts:
On August 28, 2013, she was at her new friend’s home, doing meth (presumably), when she suffered an asthma attack. Her friends put her in a bed and put her inhaler next to her. Taylor lay there, alone in this room, alone in this bed, for hours and died. Her friends knew she was in trouble but decided not to call 911. Why? They did not want to go to jail for the meth they had in their possession. Their other option – let Taylor die. They claim they tried to revive her. How? They put her in a cold shower. It was too late. When they realized they had to do something, they decided to drive her to a remote location on a deserted road and dump her body. They pulled her body through the yard to her final resting place in front of a vacant trailer…nothing more than a bag of trash. Taylor’s “friends” left her cold, wet body in the yard, drove off and called the police to go find her.

My son took these drugs given to him at this party and went to his cousin's home, that he was watching while his cousin was out of town. His cousin's room mates, girlfriend was there and spoke to him before he went to lay in his cousin, Benjamin's bed. There 16 hrs later he was pronounced dead. People knew something was wrong but they didn't want to call the police because there were pot plants in the basement. My son could have been saved but he was not because the girl with him was afraid to get help. So he lay in his cousins bed dying and alone. They found him on his left side, with his hands to his nose where a profusion of blood was expelled.

Last edited:
This is the latest from Carol Robinson for al.com. She says “sheets,” but otherwise appears to be reporting things said by Lynniece Washington in the video I posted earlier. I think Carol’s just being sloppy here.

Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined

Tsk, tsk...so we need to request clarification and correction from both Steven at ABC who said blanket AND Carol? Lol. Man I hate sloppy reporting. Yes we are all human and make mistakes but seriously...these details are important.

Last edited:
Whhhat?? Are you sure? Sorry I’m half asleep. Are you thinking of Shannan’s autopsy report and when DA Rourke was sure to explain the metabolic biprocess of liver shows up as alcohol I think it was? Zzz
Yes I remember it so well! I too am half asleep but will look for a link for you!

It could be multiple signs of death, and they just havent figured out which one was responsible for her demise. Not that I believe this is the case. I just don’t think I saw anything that said no signs of physical trauma. Sorry if there was and I missed it. Two weeks in the elements takes a toll.

I was thinking about this earlier today as well. Sometimes we hear the term “Homicidal Violence” used...if she had multiple injuries then perhaps it was hard to determine what actually killed her...but then I would think they would release that as MOD, and say exact COD is pending...or maybe not...

Thanks for posting this. It super cool but also controversial because it can allows the user to capture data without a warrant. A similar company is now dealing with multiple lawsuits because of this. The FCC is also involved. I agree with you and hope they can iron things out so this tech can be used.

I liked that this was immediate and does not involve grabbing users contacts, history, messages, etc. -- limited to emergency pings for even the weakest signal in attempt to locate the missing person providing they are not far from their instrument.

Agreed
I was thinking about this earlier today as well. Sometimes we hear the term “Homicidal Violence” used...if she had multiple injuries then perhaps it was hard to determine what actually killed her...but then I would think they would release that as MOD, and say exact COD is pending...or not...

I agree, I’m just referring to the fact that they didn’t mention the absence of injury. Internal or external. There may not be or her body could be in a condition that makes it hard to determine. Two weeks if in fact that’s how long she had been deceased is a long time. I think maybe they are being precautious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier