Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the latest from Carol Robinson for al.com. She says “sheets,” but otherwise appears to be reporting things said by Lynniece Washington in the video I posted earlier. I think Carol’s just being sloppy here.

Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined

When the DA said "cloth" I think she was trying to be sensitive and not say tarp or something disrespectful to the remains of somebody's child, sister, etc.

DA also stated she did not see the recovery effort or the remains and was instead standing near the street-- keeping away from the muddy, nasty, mess the yard had become. I've since read People Crime, and AL.com to see them cite PH wrapped in a blanket and she was wrapped in sheets.

Here is a website dedicated to young people who have Od'd and not been 'saved' by their friends.

I clicked on a few of them, haven't seen any examples yet of the victim being buried.

One teen girl was left alongside a creekbed by her boyfriend, who was supposed to be driving his unconscious gf to the ER. [ He was eventually charged with manslaughter]

Another girl who died, was driven to the ER and dropped off by 2 friends, who were eventually charged with manslaughter, for waiting so long to get her help.

!Dannielle McCarthy's News Page

Welcome To Our Site
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DIE.COM

excerpts:
On August 28, 2013, she was at her new friend’s home, doing meth (presumably), when she suffered an asthma attack. Her friends put her in a bed and put her inhaler next to her. Taylor lay there, alone in this room, alone in this bed, for hours and died. Her friends knew she was in trouble but decided not to call 911. Why? They did not want to go to jail for the meth they had in their possession. Their other option – let Taylor die. They claim they tried to revive her. How? They put her in a cold shower. It was too late. When they realized they had to do something, they decided to drive her to a remote location on a deserted road and dump her body. They pulled her body through the yard to her final resting place in front of a vacant trailer…nothing more than a bag of trash. Taylor’s “friends” left her cold, wet body in the yard, drove off and called the police to go find her.

My son took these drugs given to him at this party and went to his cousin's home, that he was watching while his cousin was out of town. His cousin's room mates, girlfriend was there and spoke to him before he went to lay in his cousin, Benjamin's bed. There 16 hrs later he was pronounced dead. People knew something was wrong but they didn't want to call the police because there were pot plants in the basement. My son could have been saved but he was not because the girl with him was afraid to get help. So he lay in his cousins bed dying and alone. They found him on his left side, with his hands to his nose where a profusion of blood was expelled.

Right, but no one spent energy on burying someone. These people are a selfish bunch, even when they get clean, it is all about them, how awesome they are to recover...on and on...honestly, drug addicts are too self absorbed to care about burying someone. They would happily dump them out of the car, and keep on going, life is a party. Burying someone, is not a party. They wouldn't bother.

Still playing catch-up so not sure if this has been posted???

Toxicological Analysis of Opiates from Alternative Matrices Collected from an Exhumed Body

In this case study, the body of a 45-year-old man was exhumed after 1 year at the request of the public prosecutor to assess whether the death was caused by drug consumption.

The case presented demonstrates the possibility of drug detection in an exhumed body that has been buried for 1 year, despite the problems of quantitative interpretation of the data, and that toxicological results could be useful along with other forensic evidence.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ative_Matrices_Collected_from_an_Exhumed_Body

Downloaded...will keep reading and post anything else I think y’all might like to see...lol

Just my opinion thus far. I’m not always right and when I’m wrong, I’m usually horribly wrong sooooo.

When I heard the initial report, I didn’t go all conspiracy on the co-worker. I don’t know how friendly they were, or just mildly aquatinted. May have just been convenient to park there and ride, or maybe routine because of the physical relation to work. They may not hav3 hung together once they arrived. I don’t know if it was common for her to go her own way then meet back or get a ride to pickup her car. The co worker was not in my opinion responsible for another adult, especially if that adult and that persons relationship was such that she didn’t feel like what PH was doing was her business. She very well may have been home asleep. I don’t know what to make of the text message. “I don’t know who I’m with” to me, indicates that she was in a car at the time. Not mentioning she doesn’t know where she’s at, to me says, she was familiar at least with the general location. I have contemplated that initially the co worker may not have wanted to be involved. As in she didn’t want to rat her out to the parents. If she knew of her history and maybe how often they kept in contact, she may have known maybe her not being where she said she was going to be was an issue with them. How would she know these two men were strangers. Doesn’t sound like she was introduced. Maybe they were strangers to her. Keep in mind, we got the context from the family. That could have been their interpretation. I think this will most likely turn out to be a typical murder case as apposed to an elaborate plot involving the co worker or an OD for that matter. I’m not saying it could not involve drugs, but in regards to how she may have wound up in the situation.

On the issue of what PH was wrapped up in, I went back and listened to the actual interview. The DA just says “cloth,” and makes clear that she wasn’t up on all those details. It is at about 2:34 in the video.

Coroner: Paighton Houston’s cause of death is pending after autopsy

I’ve seen “fabric” and “some sort of fabric” as well in various articles. One even said blanket. So it’s all clear as mud. Cloth and fabric are broad and generic and could definitely refer more specifically to a sheet or blanket. Which seems most likely given that, forgive the gruesomeness, would be long and wide enough to wrap a whole body. MOO

Still playing catch-up so not sure if this has been posted???

Toxicological Analysis of Opiates from Alternative Matrices Collected from an Exhumed Body

In this case study, the body of a 45-year-old man was exhumed after 1 year at the request of the public prosecutor to assess whether the death was caused by drug consumption.

The case presented demonstrates the possibility of drug detection in an exhumed body that has been buried for 1 year, despite the problems of quantitative interpretation of the data, and that toxicological results could be useful along with other forensic evidence.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...ative_Matrices_Collected_from_an_Exhumed_Body

Downloaded...will keep reading and post anything else I think y’all might like to see...lol

Fabulous! :)

“Toxicological analyses were performed on several matrices, including liver, kidney, and the alternative matrices hair and teeth. The systematic toxicological analysis (STA), which consisted of basic and acid liquid/liquid extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) analysis, showed the presence of opiates in each of the matrices analyzed. Subsequently, to confirm and quantify the presence of opioids, samples of each of the matrices were subjected to solid-phase extraction and specific GC-MS analysis. The case presented demonstrates the possibility of drug detection in an exhumed body that has been buried for 1 year, despite the problems of quantitative interpretation of the data, and that toxicological results could be useful along with other forensic evidence.”

—-

ETA: Wow, teeth?? Never heard of that one, I don’t think... I know about teeth and DNA identification, but drug detection via teeth? (Hope I’m reading that right, sleep-posting atm.) Interesting!

Last edited:
I will eventually google it, but I have read less and less when reading up on crimes and it seems the time of death is never published or possibly not investigated thoroughly during an autopsy.

I have viewed documentaries of true crimes, that forensics of larvae and bug development is helpful to pinpoint time of death. Microscopic bugs forming, embedded on skin from the surroundings.

Is this forensics skipped often? There seems to be a lack of specific times of death and this type of forensic facts disclosed at the end of case investigations.

If it rained as was reported after she were buried, the dampness and soil appearance could help to pinpoint at least the time and likely day she were buried by larvae, microscopic bug formation, dampness of soil beneath her body, compared to dampness in and around body and possible digging a hole similar next to her to compare its contents, dampness, etc.

Imo, with the lack of conclusive stories, that we have been notified about, of course, they may not be releasing this info, but if the only witness is the co workers statement, the time of death in this case seems vital. If she were dead at 7pm back at the apartment, and buried later, I would think this would be one of the most important forensics analysis, perhaps calling in the experts who could tell by transfer microscopic evidence and by larvae, dirt compositions and changes, imo.

Are there any time of death experts around here..lol.

I will go off to mindlessly google this.

Last edited:
Fabulous! :)

“Toxicological analyses were performed on several matrices, including liver, kidney, and the alternative matrices hair and teeth. The systematic toxicological analysis (STA), which consisted of basic and acid liquid/liquid extraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) analysis, showed the presence of opiates in each of the matrices analyzed. Subsequently, to confirm and quantify the presence of opioids, samples of each of the matrices were subjected to solid-phase extraction and specific GC-MS analysis. The case presented demonstrates the possibility of drug detection in an exhumed body that has been buried for 1 year, despite the problems of quantitative interpretation of the data, and that toxicological results could be useful along with other forensic evidence.”

—-

ETA: Wow, teeth?? Never heard of that one. I know about teeth and DNA identification, but drug detection in teeth? Hope I’m reading that right, sleep posting atm. Interesting...

That’s excellent. What’s that sneaky horrible poison that is basically undetectable in toxicology tests, regardless of how long the person has been deceased—is that arsenic?

I’ve seen “fabric” and “some sort of fabric” as well in various articles. One even said blanket. So it’s all clear as mud. Cloth and fabric are broad and generic and could definitely refer more specifically to a sheet or blanket. Which seems most likely given that, forgive the gruesomeness, would be long and wide enough to wrap a whole body. MOO
MOO - The cloth/sheet is a strong indicator that it was used to transfer the body.....from a residence.

When the DA said "cloth" I think she was trying to be sensitive and not say tarp or something disrespectful to the remains of somebody's child, sister, etc.

DA also stated she did not see the recovery effort or the remains and was instead standing near the street-- keeping away from the muddy, nasty, mess the yard had become. I've since read People Crime, and AL.com to see them cite PH wrapped in a blanket and she was wrapped in sheets.

If the address where PH was recovered is a drug/flop house, I can't see sheets and blankets being readily available. No hospital corners either, imo.

That’s excellent. What’s that sneaky horrible poison that is basically undetectable in toxicology tests, regardless of how long the person has been deceased—is that arsenic?

Thalium maybe? Detectable via Prussian Blue...zzz
(That was an interesting Dateline, “Prussian Blue”—-there’s a guarded government stockpile iirc...I posted about it somewhere..)

—-

ETA / Re: Arsenic-

“Tests are available to diagnose poisoning by measuring arsenic in blood, urine, hair, and fingernails. The urine test is the most reliable test for arsenic exposure within the last few days. ... Tests on hair and fingernails can measure exposure to high levels of arsenic over the past 6–12 months”

Arsenic poisoning - Wikipedia

O/T:
I do know that some people can smell cyanide, others can’t. This ability is genetic, iirc. Smells like burned almonds I think, iirc from Forensic Files.

Last edited:
Right, but no one spent energy on burying someone. These people are a selfish bunch, even when they get clean, it is all about them, how awesome they are to recover...on and on...honestly, drug addicts are too self absorbed to care about burying someone. They would happily dump them out of the car, and keep on going, life is a party. Burying someone, is not a party. They wouldn't bother.
Yah, I scanned through all of the female victims. Didn't see any that were buried.

But a few were disposed of and hidden. One put in a creekbed, one was set on fire in a remote area, and one was left in the woods.

Just my opinion thus far. I’m not always right and when I’m wrong, I’m usually horribly wrong sooooo.

When I heard the initial report, I didn’t go all conspiracy on the co-worker. I don’t know how friendly they were, or just mildly aquatinted. May have just been convenient to park there and ride, or maybe routine because of the physical relation to work. They may not hav3 hung together once they arrived. I don’t know if it was common for her to go her own way then meet back or get a ride to pickup her car. The co worker was not in my opinion responsible for another adult, especially if that adult and that persons relationship was such that she didn’t feel like what PH was doing was her business. She very well may have been home asleep. I don’t know what to make of the text message. “I don’t know who I’m with” to me, indicates that she was in a car at the time. Not mentioning she doesn’t know where she’s at, to me says, she was familiar at least with the general location. I have contemplated that initially the co worker may not have wanted to be involved. As in she didn’t want to rat her out to the parents. If she knew of her history and maybe how often they kept in contact, she may have known maybe her not being where she said she was going to be was an issue with them. How would she know these two men were strangers. Doesn’t sound like she was introduced. Maybe they were strangers to her. Keep in mind, we got the context from the family. That could have been their interpretation. I think this will most likely turn out to be a typical murder case as apposed to an elaborate plot involving the co worker or an OD for that matter. I’m not saying it could not involve drugs, but in regards to how she may have wound up in the situation.

Do u not find it odd, not one other person has come forward to the media (even with face blurred if they wish to keep there anonymity) about witnessing PH at the bar? A bartender who waited on PH, a patron who said hello in passing, or anyone who noticed 2 large heavy set black men on this night? It seems as if it was a ghost bar, ghosts as patrons and staff, nobody home types if no one is aware of the surroundings to completely miss 2 large heavy set black men her co worker noticed from the other side of the bar. I am not placing guilt, I simply have not heard anything to corroborate the co workers story yet.

Male acquaintance or female acquaintance, the last person to be witness to someone being alive and well with no other evidence to corroborate their story is at norm suspected in many other cases I have seen over the years.

I have missed a lot of the messages. But someone who is in recovery, and then decides to take the same amount of drugs they could tolerate in the past, typically overdoses and often dies.

I’m sure that everyone here is aware of that. It happens so often because people don’t stop to think they can no longer tolerate the larger dose of a drug, no matter whether it is heroin or opiates.

nothing changes the fact that PH died but if she did overdose, and die among people doing the same drugs, they may have just taken her outside, covered her, and left. We hate to think about people doing something like that but drug fueled individuals don’t care about anything except the drugs they are putting in their systems.

I just hope she didn’t suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members