Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certain apps will pinpoint your location, but that information is not logged. So unless someone was following her as it happened...

The phone can show up as location last “seen”. So if she had an app and her phone was buried with or near her, it could ping there.

While it is a good possibility that someone told LE where to find her, it is indeed not a fact at all as you have asserted. There are numerous other ways that LE could’ve determined that location to search.

Something I’d like to add from experience re: the text and how it might or might not relate to an OD (others thinking her text meant she knew she was in trouble).

When I OD’d, I had no idea it was happening. I shot up, and that’s the last thing I remembered. So if PH did OD, intravenously at least, she wouldn’t have had the time or wherewithal to text anyone. It’s not like some other drugs where you can tell things are going sideways. It’s literally seconds. It hits your bloodstream and boom, that’s it.

If PH did indeed OD, the only consolation I can offer is that she felt no pain, had no idea it was happening, and essentially just...went to sleep. That’s been my personal experience with OD’ing and IV heroin use. Luckily, I lived to tell about it. Many don’t.
Wow, thanks for sharing that. I am so glad you're on this side of the experience and are willing to share your story.

I wonder if it would be easier for her family to accept that she OD'ed vs was murdered. Just thinking about them living with "what happened". Personally I think I would be able to handle the OD vs homicide. Just my thoughts and opinion.

So does this mean they will depend on toxicology results?

Sounds like they’re waiting for toxicology. But is it even possible to tell if a person had been strangled or smothered if they’re corpse has been buried for two weeks? And what about the presence of drugs or alcohol. Does that also stay after two weeks?

Gun shots and stabbing and blunt force trauma I think are detectable. I’ve heard some corpses have been exhumed months later to do toxicology but I’m not sure how that works and how certain such results would be.

Does anyone know?

That basically says it to me in a nutshell. Toxicology. Laws obviously need changing when it comes to disposal of a body. Moo
Why?

It’s important for the autopsy results to be accurate and they may have found significant physical findings associated with her death, but want to withhold the final report and it’s extremely important conclusions for the toxicolgy

I can’t help but have the vision of her overdosing (stop, please do not crucify me yet)...whether it be from opioids, alcohol, rohyphnol (Roofie), alcohol poisoning, or any other potential depressant of the cardiovascular/respiratory system. I am going omit from listing every potential scenario here, but I can assure you my objective is to explore the reasons behind how/why her body ended up in the ground, put there by someone else. I will not victim shame one way or another. All of the above substances have the potential to be used at a person’s will, while some are given maliciously/unknowingly. OD’ing on any of them can lead to death via not breathing and/or heart failure. I hypothesize she became non-responsive, had labored breathing, beganto turn blue, etc. Whoever she was with panicked. The situation did not improve, the paramedics were not called bc there was a plethora of illegal activities occurring, and bc of a person or persons complete disregard of a human life, she was buried. I truly believe the toxicology and biological report (rape kit) will tell us without a doubt if this was an accidental OD which was covered up or murder. Either way, it’s beyond tragic and abhorrently disgusting bc she was discarded like the rest of the trash in the backyard. And NO ONE deserves that.
ALL MOO.

ME is obviously waiting on Toxicology and specimen collections to determine MOD & COD.

I didn't believe from what was said on Friday by LE that there was any signs of obvious trauma. MOO

God Bless Paighton's family and loved ones. I will continue praying for him to shine the light on the truth. :(

Sounds like they’re waiting for toxicology. But is it even possible to tell if a person had been strangled or smothered if they’re corpse has been buried for two weeks? And what about the presence of drugs or alcohol. Does that also stay after two weeks?

Gun shots and stabbing and blunt force trauma I think are detectable. I’ve heard some corpses have been exhumed months later to do toxicology but I’m not sure how that works and how certain such results would be.

Does anyone know?

I’m wondering about follicle testing, if other means of toxicology aren’t useful.

Bringing forward this photo again. I can’t get myself to look at the backyard photos right now.
P6FAQPC5FFFEXFLCUINU2BQB3Y.jpg

——

“INFORMATION FROM THE HOUSTON FAMILY:

• Paighton went to the Tin Roof, Fri. Dec. 20 with friends from work
  • Sat. Dec. 21 around breakfast time, one of the friends called Paighton’s parents and told them she left the bar with the two men “willingly” around 10:45 p.m. and that around midnight she texted and said, “IDK who I am with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.”
  • As soon as the family heard this, Paighton’s dad and brother went to police.
  • Paighton did NOT drive to the bar and left her car at a work friend’s place.
  • Paighton is one of four children.
  • She is 29 years old.
  • Her dad said she’s like a bubble, floating around and leaving smiles on the faces of every person she passes.”
Coroner: Paighton Houston’s cause of death is pending after autopsy

I believe the death investigation will turn into a homicide investigation.

I've seen several true crime shows where the cases were at first death investigations, but all of the detectives interviewed in various cases said the same thing, which is... in every death investigation they go into each case as if it is a homicide investigation. That way all vital evidence is collected in the beginning and throughout the ongoing investigation.

It's not unheard of for the victim to leave with strangers either just like Savannah Spurlock did when she met the 3 men the night she left with them from the bar they were at. SS also did not have her own vehicle that night.

I havent seen anything from LE that convinces me the text sent did not come from PH. I believed it did. It's very obvious now she was right, and was in grave danger. Even if she couldnt talk if she called back, and couldn't say anything it would be a way to alarm/alert her friend so much they needed to call 911, and report both the text, and a call even though PH may not have been able to say anything at the time. Even silence on the other end from PH would alert them she was in grave danger. It's sad between that text, and whatever happened she didn't have any opportunity to even make a silent callback. I wish she had trusted her gut instincts and somehow gotten away then from those she feared who she said she did not know them.. :(

I may have missed this, but did they say she was naked or clothed when found buried in the shallow grave? Tia. Iirc, when SS was finally located in a shallow grave she was found naked.

If PH was also found unclothed I'm leaning more to this also being a sexual assault motive crime, and murdering her after the rape or rapes had taken place.

Jmho

This is the direction I am leaning in. Not knowing the COD could mean a number of things.

Something I’d like to add from experience re: the text and how it might or might not relate to an OD (others thinking her text meant she knew she was in trouble).

When I OD’d, I had no idea it was happening. I shot up, and that’s the last thing I remembered. So if PH did OD, intravenously at least, she wouldn’t have had the time or wherewithal to text anyone. It’s not like some other drugs where you can tell things are going sideways. It’s literally seconds. It hits your bloodstream and boom, that’s it.

If PH did indeed OD, the only consolation I can offer is that she felt no pain, had no idea it was happening, and essentially just...went to sleep. That’s been my personal experience with OD’ing and IV heroin use. Luckily, I lived to tell about it. Many don’t.

Wow... that is incredibly scary!

I didn’t do a program, but after realizing that what I would have portrayed at the time as recreational, was actually something i relied heavily on daily, I knew stopping was my only option. The withdrawals were brief yet horrendous. The recovery was long and solemn. It was well over a year before I even started to feel normal. The stigma took years to wear away. What I can tell you from personal experience is that avoiding at all cost, places and people who you knew in that life is paramount. I won’t say that going out is never a possibility, or that you never truly recover. I could set on top of a mountain of my drug of choice today, and never waiver. I have no desire. If anything sobriety led me in the total opposite direction. Today I don’t drink or smoke or partake in anything stronger than an aspirin. To live with a clear head has become my drug. Total normalcy is my stability. I will say, that a year in, or 2,3, and maybe even 4 would have been too soon for me to have been in that environment. I can also tell you that with or without a program, those who make it understand that total divorce of the elements of their addiction however long it takes, is all that will get you to your next sober day.

Yes! I've seen up close and personal, that your way is the only safe way. You cannot have the same friends you did, period. It never turns out well.

Looking at the photo I just posted above, it seems like the back area is conducive to a vehicle being able to pull directly. With the rain, mud, etc., chances may be good that they have some useful tire tracks and footprints.

(ETA/ of course the down side of the rain is the washing away, etc.)

Last edited:
The autopsy for Paighton Houston has been completed, but authorities said they don’t yet know how the Trussville woman died.

Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death.

Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined
MOO but I feel like COD will be based on toxicology reports since they already released the body.

Amateur speculation

Does anyone know?

Worked in Pathology for years. I do know of cases of exhumation for DNA but not toxicology. The organs would have been removed and examined. No way to do toxicology at that point. IMO.

This is the direction I am leaning in. Not knowing the COD could mean a number of things.

She was buried. So it has to be a homicide investigation. If she was just found dead in her home or on the street it might be different. But someone concealed her body so they have to investigate homicide.

It is not typical that someone tampers with a body but was uninvolved with the death in some way.

And if it turns out to be drugs that involvement could include supplying drugs.

But so far at this point from everything I’ve read I don’t think we can have a clue what happened yet. Despite the pending toxicology tests. Those could be a major clue. Or they could simply be part of all autopsies.

I mean even if there were obvious signs of trauma they might still need to wait for toxicology before making a pronouncement? Because someone can be drugged and that could be a cause of death even if their body was damaged after or during.

Wasn’t the recent case of the Snyder kids one in which toxicology tests were pending for a while but ultimately the MOD was homicide and COD hanging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member