Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We know PH and FH had to meet somewhere. Could have been at TR, but could have been elsewhere. In my opinion, if FH was called as a source for drugs, it would have been easier to meet at GCs house, rather than paying a cover at a bar and leaving almost immediately. I am of the opinion that GC simply was writing herself out of the event, claiming she went to the bar and left PH with the two black men. I believe FH was known to GC and that a meeting was set up. I believe that GC, not PH, was the one that was looking to score. I believe that they went to that residence and while there, something happened to PH. I believe at that point GC and whoever she was with sent the text, then may have headed to Tin Roof.

All MOO.
If you will not accept they were together @ TR, Why will you accept they were together at all?

During the presser, I believe the Sheriff stated they have evidence that FH was at the TRB on Dec 20 although he did not confirm that PH left willingly with him (a la two HBM). Sheriff also stated that they have evidence they were together at the McClinton St residence in Brighton where PH died. Same was reported in MSM.
This makes more sense to me. Having dabbled in drugs in the 80s, not once did a dealer come to me. They don't make deliveries. Generally you would go to the dealers residence to score. I honestly don't think FH ever set foot in TR.

No evidence to show that PH or FH were ever at the Tin Roof.
Not true. The DA confirmed that FH was at TRB on Friday night.

District Attorney Washington explains that based on the information given to the office, Hampton and Houston were at the Tin Roof together.

Washington said, “We have different stories as to what took place at the point of her becoming missing, but in terms of other connections prior to that we don’t have the information.”

ETA: add link
Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton

How did they come to the conclusion that Houston left the Tin Roof willingly?

Washington states that information came from witnesses.

Last edited:
This makes more sense to me. Having dabbled in drugs in the 80s, not once did a dealer come to me. They don't make deliveries. Generally you would go to the dealers residence to score. I honestly don't think FH ever set foot in TR.

It was actually the DA that confirmed both PH and suspect FH were at the TRB.

District Attorney Washington explains that based on the information given to the office, Hampton and Houston were at the Tin Roof together.

Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect Fredrick Hampton

If you will not accept they were together @ TR, Why will you accept they were together at all?
I accept that they were together by the fact the LE were able to procure a warrant. A warrant will not be issued unless there is sufficient evidence to do so. LE stated that they have evidence they were at McClain st, so I will assume that there is physical evidence that puts them both there. I'd also assume that they have recovered the shovel, or that there was DNA on her body that quickly led to Hampton.

I honestly believe that although LE knows a lot, they are still trying to piece this together. All players are very sketchy and I doubt that each of them are trying to limit their own involvement, and are likely trying to pin everything on Fredrick Hampton, a pretty easy target.

IMO it is likely that FH could be responsible for this, but in Alabama, a person that supplies a lethal dosage of drugs can also be charged with murder.

And BTW, I don't think PH was the person buying drugs, I believe she was there to protect the person buying drugs.

ALL MOO

No - he was detained in relation to PH investigation but they did not have the evidence of her body yet and that she was buried on his relative's property timely enough and therefore he had to be released (36 hours is generally the rule but LE obtained a 12 hour extension).
Thanks where can I find that? I just listened to the PC and there is no mention of this 48hr hold. Where did it come from and how do we know for sure it’s related to PH?
Also when I listened to the Q and A during the presser the reporter was the one who asked if FH could have gone to Georgia. How did she already know that? Response was yes and he could come back.

Thanks where can I find that? I just listened to the PC and there is no mention of this 48hr hold. Where did it come from and how do we know for sure it’s related to PH?
Also when I listened to the Q and A during the presser the reporter was the one who asked if FH could have gone to Georgia. How did she already know that? Response was yes and he could come back.

Without going back I think it was in the Heavy.com article.

It was actually the DA that confirmed both PH and suspect FH were at the TRB.
Read carefully.

Washington said, “We have different stories as to what took place at the point of her becoming missing, but in terms of other connections prior to that we don’t have the information.”

“Whenever a crime occurs, or there is a missing person, you do just like you do in any other case, you start talking to witnesses. For those people that were there at Tin Roof, more specifically in this case the people that [Paighton] went there with, you just speak with those people that are present and that can give you insight as to what was going on.”

Does She ever say that PH was at Tin Roof? She says the people she was with said they went to Tin Roof. She doesn't say that story was confirmed, only that it gives insight as to what is going on. So, for instance, if there was absolutely no physical evidence to back up that story, then the "insight" might be something completely different if you understand what I am saying.

Without going back I think it was in the Heavy.com article.
AL.com reported that Hampton “was initially held on suspicion of kidnapping in the Birmingham City Jail” starting on December 28, 2019. However, he was released because authorities didn’t have enough evidence to charge him with that crime, the newspaper reported.
Fredrick Hampton: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
I can’t find anywhere where this kidnapping hold is related to the PH case.

To change the subject a little, I'm not too sure how aggressively LE is looking for FH. I took some heat upthread for suggesting the abuse charge is not that serious. I just got done looking at some of the active warrants for Jefferson county. There are really some bad dudes & dudettes out there that have warrants for some serious crimes including one out of Trussville for kidnapping & Rape. A think some could argue that LE is only devoting the resources because of who she was & who he is if you get the drift. jmo

I thought I saw this address listed on the RSO list

I’m a little confused...so does FH live in Eastlake near TRB? I know some areas of Eastlake are sketchy but other areas are not.

Read carefully.

“Whenever a crime occurs, or there is a missing person, you do just like you do in any other case, you start talking to witnesses. For those people that were there at Tin Roof, more specifically in this case the people that [Paighton] went there with, you just speak with those people that are present and that can give you insight as to what was going on.”

Does She ever say that PH was at Tin Roof? She says the people she was with said they went to Tin Roof. She doesn't say that story was confirmed, only that it gives insight as to what is going on. So, for instance, if there was absolutely no physical evidence to back up that story, then the "insight" might be something completely different if you understand what I am saying.

Respectfully, please LISTEN to the actual video carefully. You are posting only part of the conversation from the link below and the article excludes the questions from the reporter interviewing the DA.

I’m a little confused...so does FH live in Eastlake near TRB? I know some areas of Eastlake are sketchy but other areas are not.
I'm not sure if the 12th Ave So address is verified or where it's coming from.

The Jefferson County District Attorney seems to think otherwise.....

"District Attorney Washington explains that based on the information given to the office, Hampton and Houston were at the Tin Roof together."

Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect in Paighton Houston case

BBM, okay; "given by what or whom"? Security tape, testimony from bartenders/waitstaff, coworkers, strangers, members of the band? This, we don't know.

BBM, okay; "given by what or whom"? Security tape, testimony from bartenders/waitstaff, coworkers, strangers, members of the band? This, we don't know.

I don't need to know how LE got their info. They are under no obligation to tell us how they obtained their evidence.

From the link.
Hampton was initially held in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension on suspicion of kidnapping beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime.

It still says the same thing. LE has not indicated this hold was in connection to PH’s case. Meaning there is a chance Birmingham police had him in custody for an unrelated case.

The jest of it -- from the studio interview:

Art Franklin: Get some insight to suspect Fred Hampton .. What is the connection to PH?

DA: The connection we are aware of is that they were at the Tin Roof together...at some point...and we have different stories as to how she became uh missing. Any connection prior to that -- we don't have a connection.

Art Franklin: I know you have to prosecute this and can't talk a lot about it but if you can clear up this idea that Houston left with two men and investigators police telling us that she appeared to leave willingly. How did they come to that conclusion, anything you can share with us.

DA: Basically it was just witnesses .. whenever a crime occurs -- just like any other case, you start talking to witnesses -- more specifically in this case the people that she went there with ah um and you speak to those people that can give you insight about what-- what was going on.

Art Franklin: But as far as you know -- no video-- anything that supports this evidence.

DA: Not really .. right now we have witnesses that saw her leave with someone and we know that she went with someone.

Art Franklin: Judging by what her family has posted on SM, especially her mother... they're really having a hard time trying to get to the bottom of what happened to Houston. Can you give them some type of assurance you guys are doing everything to get this case solved?

DA: Oh yeah .. it's a corroboration .....started with Birmingham ... you have a number of resources and both DA's were in the area...where body was located...

Art Franklin:

DA: ....tips are what led to an interested person to speak with and that interested person -- that's how the body was located.

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader