Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alabama Law Enforcement Agency- Contact

From Alabama Sex Offenders Registry. Different address, maybe just hasn't been updated...

Oh my. Went to the above link. A possible relative with the McClain St. address is also a convicted SO, and another possible relative with the same address given for FH in the above link is also a convicted SO.

Last edited:
I wonder why LE held FH for 48 on a kidnapping charge. Obviously they knew he was involved. Were they hoping to find enough evidence during those 48 to make that charge stick or another serious charge. It could have backfired as he may have run because of such a serious charge.
I believe it's because in AL LE can only hold an individual for 48 hours without attaining a warrant. And at the time, they didn't have enough evidence request a warrant.
http://judicial.alabama.gov/docs/library/rules/cr4_3.pdf

I just don't know why, but I do not believe PH willingly left with anyone but her friends she went to the club with. Now they could ALL have left with two males and they ALL could have been with PH and FH the night of the 20th and the morning of the 21st. But PH did not go alone with two males without others.

I just don't know why, but I do not believe PH willingly left with anyone but her friends she went to the club with. Now they could ALL have left with two males and they ALL could have been with PH and FH the night of the 20th and the morning of the 21st. But PH did not go alone with two males without others.

I would love a “stranger” witness or three, and specifics of all she departed with as well

We know that Savannah S. left a bar with three (?) men, leaving her friend behind, and it ended as badly as is possible. It is not out of the question that Paighton left of her own accord...jmo. And no abduction or kidnapping charges have been made as far as I know.

I didn't watch the PC, but I do find the phrasing of the response to the question of whether she was willingly with FH interesting.

“We are saying they were together. There is no evidence there was any force.” They also said, "We have evidence the victim and the offender were together the night of Dec. 20, 2019."

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

To me, it sounds like they have no evidence she was forced, but they are also not entirely convinced she was with him willingly. Their thinking may even be that she was with him under false pretenses on his end, so even if PH was initially with him willingly, it wasn't really willing in the traditional sense since she was being misled.

I did look up what constituted kidnapping in Alabama--what he was initially held for. I was wondering if her being unable to leave after she went somewhere willingly would count as kidnapping, but the phrasing--to my, admittedly, non-legal mind--sounded more like taking by force was required for that charge. I suspect that may have been why he was released--they just don't have any evidence right now that confirms she left under duress. MOO

I'm just hearing the latest.
Wondering how his being a sex offender fits into all this scenario. That doesn't sound good.
Definitely increases the likelihood PH was sexually assaulted and that was the motivation for FH to pull her into his sphere. It seems like a reasonable possibility that he lured her with promises of drugs and fun and then things went downhill once she realized he had brought her to a crack house.

Yeah, I'm thinking along those lines too. And maybe even a date rape drug.
Definitely increases the likelihood PH was sexually assaulted and that was the motivation for FH to pull her into his sphere. It seems like a reasonable possibility that he lured her with promises of drugs and fun and then things went downhill once she realized he had brought her to a crack house.

I didn't watch the PC, but I do find the phrasing of the response to the question of whether she was willingly with FH interesting.

“We are saying they were together. There is no evidence there was any force.” They also said, "We have evidence the victim and the offender were together the night of Dec. 20, 2019."

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

To me, it sounds like they have no evidence she was forced, but they are also not entirely convinced she was with him willingly. Their thinking may even be that she was with him under false pretenses on his end, so even if PH was initially with him willingly, it wasn't really willing in the traditional sense since she was being misled.

I did look up what constituted kidnapping in Alabama--what he was initially held for. I was wondering if her being unable to leave after she went somewhere willingly would count as kidnapping, but the phrasing--to my, admittedly, non-legal mind--sounded more like taking by force was required for that charge. I suspect that may have been why he was released--they just don't have any evidence right now that confirms she left under duress. MOO
BBM--- I agree and in most states the bolded part WOULD be kidnapping, but in Alabama apparently not. Unless we are both reading the statue wrong. Maybe a lawyer could weigh in on this.

BBM--- I agree and in most states the bolded part WOULD be kidnapping, but in Alabama apparently not. Unless we are both reading the statue wrong. Maybe a lawyer could weigh in on this.
Yeah that's what threw me too--I just assumed going willingly and then not being allowed to leave would be considered kidnapping. I'd love to hear from an AL attorney on this--and what the likely charge would be for either that scenario or going willingly but under mistaken pretenses because the person you are with is being deceptive.

Maybe she texted her friend while at the house on McClain which then led LE to that house where someone talked and told them where she was taken. But I guess then there would have been another arrest by now? I don’t know but wish I knew how they knew where to look.

Hi Boscoe :)

I find it hard to believe a violent sexual offender who gang raped and sodomized a woman previously, that has been confirmed to have been with the victim at the bar that night and the next day, who disposed of her body, is not also directly associated with/responsible for her death. There may indeed be others involved, but I don’t think that absolves him of being directly involved as well. (Will more than one DNA profile come back? )

If they thought this was the case, that he only “abused the corpse”, then his charges may include Felony Accessory After the Fact. But then again, they need to prove murder to begin with, which as we know COD and tox are still being completed.

I said I am done speculating but I changed my mind - I’m going with walk like a duck, talk like a duck on this one. Sure, crazy coincidences exist, I’ve seen them occur many times here on WS, but his criminal history is just too hard for me to ignore. As LE has confirmed, it seems he is the last one that was with the victim, even before the “abuse of the corpse”.

100 Percent right there with you. Well said.

I have a question regarding WS rules for this case. Can a MOD or well seasoned member please tell me exactly who has officially been named by MSM? I'm going to do some research on Alabama's court database and do not want to post any information that would violate the rules. I am assuming that alacourt.com would be a reliable source since all cases there are public record but it is a pay website for Alabama attorneys to track their cases. Thanks so much.

The ONLY officially named POI/suspect is FH and therefore he is the only POI who can be sleuthed.

Alacourt.com is an approved source of information to sleuth him and a link must be provided.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

When I put myself in PH's mom or family's shoes, I can see that in grief, considering an OD would feel like victim blaming. It is hard to imagine that happening to someone you love so much and have seen fight an addiction that almost took her life then successfully complete rehab and presumably turn her life around.

We don't know what happened. I don't consider an OD victim blaming, though, because I see addiction as a disease. I've lost loved ones to addiction and have dear family actively fighting recovery day to day. They all make this very known and relapse is incredibly common. It is a constant battle. If OD was involved in PH's death, it doesn't make it any less tragic. It doesn't make her any less a victim. And it doesn't mean she is responsible for or deserved to lose her life and be buried in that shallow grave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member