Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't the DA say that they found the body because of a 'tip' that came in?

I'm wondering if that tip included an explanation----like 'I was at a party on McCain, a girl died and they took her to a relatives backyard in Hueytown, etc....?'
That's what I am thinking too, regarding the tip.

I was asking a general question as to wether a “guilty party” of any crime could make an anonymous call and receive the reward money.
My question was answered above by O/P thanks.

ETA: My post was more to point out the timing of when the tip call came in. And why LE thinks FH May return to Alabama. I find it interesting maybe coincidental the tip call came in shortly after FH was released from jail and not prior to or while he was being held.
I am wondering if this person who provided the tip preferred not to come forward for whatever reason and upon hearing that FH had been arrested thought they could stay out of it. Then after he was released, they realized that they needed to say what they knew, but they didn't want to come forward in a way where they could ever be publicly named.

All MOO

All my opinion, I don't think PH went with Fredrick from the Tin Roof knowing they were headed to Brighton. I'm not convinced she was looking for drugs either. But even if she was, Trussville has plenty of heroin. Here's an article I found from 2017 about how Trussville was seeing increase in all heroin activity and looking to a newly formed Opioid Commission to help combat the problem.

Trussville sees rise in use of heroin, other drugs

A couple of years ago, when PH was using drugs I'm sure there would be plenty of people to buy from in Trussville. I doubt a young, attractive woman would go all the way to Brighton to meet FH for drugs. Perhaps they loosely knew each other form old acquaintances?

Could the answer be simple, that the coworkers left PH at Tin Roof with FH? I believe they were all younger than her. When I was 23 years old, I would have thought an almost 30 year old, was ancient. Perhaps the younger coworkers didn't feel responsible for keeping an eye on her vs. going to the next bar, or going home or wherever they went. Or maybe they went to go do drugs, leaving PH behind. What if PH just told her friends she'd catch an Uber home? And they left, leaving PH with FH. Maybe he just offered her a ride to her car? And when she got in, maybe that's when other people entered the picture, her phone was turned off and she was taken to the house in Brighton? IMO, FH saw a vulnerable woman and an opportunity.

All my opinion, I don't think PH went with Fredrick from the Tin Roof knowing they were headed to Brighton. I'm not convinced she was looking for drugs either. But even if she was, Trussville has plenty of heroin. Here's an article I found from 2017 about how Trussville was seeing increase in all heroin activity and looking to a newly formed Opioid Commission to help combat the problem.

Trussville sees rise in use of heroin, other drugs

A couple of years ago, when PH was using drugs I'm sure there would be plenty of people to buy from in Trussville. I doubt a young, attractive woman would go all the way to Brighton to meet FH for drugs. Perhaps they loosely knew each other form old acquaintances?

Could the answer be simple, that the coworkers left PH at Tin Roof with FH? I believe they were all younger than her. When I was 23 years old, I would have thought an almost 30 year old, was ancient. Perhaps the younger coworkers didn't feel responsible for keeping an eye on her vs. going to the next bar, or going home or wherever they went. Or maybe they went to go do drugs, leaving PH behind. What if PH just told her friends she'd catch an Uber home? And they left, leaving PH with FH. Maybe he just offered her a ride to her car? And when she got in, maybe that's when other people entered the picture, her phone was turned off and she was taken to the house in Brighton? IMO, FH saw a vulnerable woman and an opportunity.
I agree with you 100%. PH obviously could have scored heroin by dealing a number on her phone. No need to leave the bar with sketchy black guys. I think it is more likely that one or more of the people in their group were users and they all went to the McClain St house. Paighton likely went to keep an eye on her friends. Something happened there and I highly doubt that it involved PH and drugs. Possibly Fred the pervert grabbed Paighton while here friends were tripping? In their drunk, drugged state FH convinces them to participate in the disposal of the body. At that point the friends begin to write themselves out of the entire affair, saying they abandoned her at the Tin Roof bar.

RSBM- I'm leaning toward this exact theory. May FH be captured and questioned quickly as he certainly holds the missing answers. LE likely has a good idea of what exactly happened and needs him in custody. Moo

Something of significance that I don't think anyone has picked up on yet... Look at who is handling the prosecution of the case so far. It is the Jefferson County D.A. for the Bessemer cut-off division. This is an important thing to note.

Whom would ordinarily handle it?

To clarify, what I am pointing out is that the DA for the cut-off area of Jefferson County is handling this. The cut-off is a specific area of Jefferson County. This DA was the first to speak out before Paighton had ever been positively identified. She was the official who came and spoke during the livestream right after the body had been discovered. So, if it was this DA that had already taken the lead, then they were very sure that Paighton was the person they would find buried in that location. Which in turn means LE has a ton of info that has not been made public.
I'm not sure if I am explaining that well or not. I am from this area so it's clear to me, but not sure if I am explaining it in a way that anyone not from here could understand.

To clarify, what I am pointing out is that the DA for the cut-off area of Jefferson County is handling this. The cut-off is a specific area of Jefferson County. This DA was the first to speak out before Paighton had ever been positively identified. She was the official who came and spoke during the livestream right after the body had been discovered. So, if it was this DA that had already taken the lead, then they were very sure that Paighton was the person they would find buried in that location. Which in turn means LE has a ton of info that has not been made public.
I'm not sure if I am explaining that well or not. I am from this area so it's clear to me, but not sure if I am explaining it in a way that anyone not from here could understand.
I'm not from the area, but I think I am following. Just to make sure we're on the same page: would this person not be for crimes in Birmingham proper then or and not just for more general county crimes and only for crimes in this specific area of the county?

Very interesting...thanks for the scoop.
We know they got a tip leading to PH's body so as you said, it must have been definitive enough this DA to be at the site. But why does this mean that there is a lot of info that has not been made public?

I'm not from the area, but I think I am following. Would this person not be for crimes in Birmingham proper then or and not just for more general county crimes and only for crimes in this specific area of the county?

Yes exactly. She would only handle crimes that occurred in the Bessemer cut-off area of Jefferson County. That is a very specific area of the county.

Very interesting...thanks for the scoop.
We know they got a tip leading to PH's body so as you said, it must have been definitive enough this DA to be at the site. But why does this mean that there is a lot of info that has not been made public?

For her to be on scene and making the first public statements before a positive ID had been made then I think they have a lot of evidence that the only crimes that occurred were in the Bessemer cut-off area. So, if they thought she had been forced/abducted from Tin Roof then I don't think the Bessemer cut-off DA would be playing as prominent of a roll as she is.

Yes exactly. She would only handle crimes that occurred in the Bessemer cut-off area of Jefferson County. That is a very specific area of the county.

For her to be on scene and making the first public statements before a positive ID had been made then I think they have a lot of evidence that the only crimes that occurred were in the Bessemer cut-off area. So, if they thought she had been forced/abducted from Tin Roof then I don't think the Bessemer cut-off DA would be playing as prominent of a roll as she is.
Okay--I gotcha!

This seems to reinforce what I have read about the charge of kidnapping in the state of Alabama. (It seems to have to involve initial force to merit being charged with kidnapping.) So, yes, it does seem like whatever they can prove did not happen in Birmingham proper or at the bar.

Okay--I gotcha!

This seems to reinforce what I have read about the charge of kidnapping in the state of Alabama. (It seems to have to involve initial force to merit being charged with kidnapping.) So, yes, it does seem like whatever they can prove did not happen in Birmingham proper or at the bar.

Glad that made sense. I think it is very telling of what LE thinks happened but I was afraid if I tried to explain it that it wouldn't make much sense.

I agree with you 100%. PH obviously could have scored heroin by dealing a number on her phone. No need to leave the bar with sketchy black guys. I think it is more likely that one or more of the people in their group were users and they all went to the McClain St house. Paighton likely went to keep an eye on her friends. Something happened there and I highly doubt that it involved PH and drugs. Possibly Fred the pervert grabbed Paighton while here friends were tripping? In their drunk, drugged state FH convinces them to participate in the disposal of the body. At that point the friends begin to write themselves out of the entire affair, saying they abandoned her at the Tin Roof bar.
In this theory, what would be the COD?

In this theory, what would be the COD?
I won't be surprised if the toxicology results come back with alcohol, xanax, GHB, Ketamine, heroin, opioids, fentanyl or a mixture of any of the above. She may have knowingly or unknowingly consumed any of these things with the crowd she was with that night. With PH's prior health problems, her reactions to any drugs could have been amplified. I think it's likely that LE won't release her toxology results.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the COD is strangulation or suffocation. I know that LE announced that there was no obvious trauma to her body that caused death, but I also think they are playing so much close to the chest in this case. By emphasizing that FH is only wanted for the abuse of corpse charges, perhaps they think they are more likely to capture him, then by announcing any murder charges now?

Great info. Any idea if the Chapel Ave (Dr?) address is in the cut-off area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3