AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree they should face charges.

@cass523 linked article upthread:

"Hampton was taken into custody without incident at the home of a family member in Garfield Heights, a suburb of Cleveland."
Quite possible that the person did not know he was wanted. This story isn't exactly getting huge press outside of Alabama. Aside from seeing he was wanted here, and on some FB groups I belong to, I have never seen this guy even mentioned in the media.

"Authorities say he will remain in custody in Ohio until he can be extradited back to Alabama. The Marshal’s Service says Hampton is also under investigation for possible federal violations"

Another possible federal charge could be kidnapping.

"Such examples may include situations where the purpose of the kidnapping is to silence a witness, kidnapping for sexual gratification, or other illegitimate purpose."
http://www.bradfordladner.net/federal-crimes-federal-kidnapping-charges/
I'm confused - why would he be federally charged with kidnapping when he was already detained once for that, and released due to lack of evidence. I suspect if anything, the possible federal charges would stem from him crossing state lines while having a warrant out for his arrest. Just speculating.

Many didn’t want to believe it, but from the start the evidence clearly pointed towards PH suffering a relapse and OD. She willingly left a bar with two older males because they offered drugs, was driven to a crack house, overdosed, and then FH panicked and buried the corpse. It’s a damn shame, but also pretty predictable, IMO.

Early Thursday morning, the Jefferson County Coroner’s Office released the cause and manner of Houston’s death as an accidental drug overdose of morphine and methamphetamine toxicity. Authorities previously said there was no physical trauma to Houston’s body that would have led to her death.
Paighton Houston Update: Suspect charged with abuse of corpse captured in Ohio by U.S. Marshals
I do want to say that all of the agencies involved with capturing FH, totally kick *advertiser censored**!
Sounds like they had all things lined up and waited to announce COD until FH was found. My hopes are that there will soon be charges for those who provided the drugs to this beautiful gal!

Many didn’t want to believe it, but from the start the evidence clearly pointed towards PH suffering a relapse and OD. She willingly left a bar with two older males because they offered drugs, was driven to a crack house, overdosed, and then FH panicked and buried the corpse. It’s a damn shame, but also pretty predictable, IMO.
Was it really predictable that her COD was accidental OD of morphine and meth? I'm not entirely sure the events of the evening went down as you suggest. Those who were so certain this was an Occam's Razor case were pretty adamant she relapsed and went looking for heroin. There's just something missing here for me to accept it as suggested.

Was it really predictable that her COD was accidental OD of morphine and meth? I'm not entirely sure the events of the evening went down as you suggest. Those who were so certain this was an Occam's Razor case were pretty adamant she relapsed and went looking for heroin. There's just something missing here for me to accept it as suggested.
A speedball OD is pretty typical, yes. The evidence all lines up as far as I can tell. What is still missing in the narrative? I think some just don’t want to accept that the pretty and sweet white girl who conquered heroin fell so far back down the ladder and that it killed her. There was an assumption that FH had to have raped and killed PH, but that doesn’t appear to have been the case.

A big piece of the puzzle is how did she know him in the first place....

I do want to say that all of the agencies involved with capturing FH, totally kick *advertiser censored**!
Sounds like they had all things lined up and waited to announce COD until FH was found. My hopes are that there will soon be charges for those who provided the drugs to this beautiful gal!

I was just thinking the same thing in regards to LE’s work in this case.
They provided the necessary information to the public in a timely manner, and I can only imagine the amount of work they put in behind the scenes in order to bring this case closer to closure. All LE working this case have my deepest respect.

RIP Paighton...

This also reinforces the fact, pointed by @Ontario Mom , that perps return to to places they know. Objectively, it make no sense that he would set himself up by burying her on property connected to him....but guess what!

A speedball OD is pretty typical, yes. The evidence all lines up as far as I can tell. What is still missing in the narrative? I think some just don’t want to accept that the pretty and sweet white girl who conquered heroin fell so far back down the ladder and that it killed her. There was an assumption that FH had to have raped and killed PH, but that doesn’t appear to have been the case.
What is still missing in the narrative? Loads and loads of key details from that evening and the next day. Such as...

How did PH know FH?
Who supplied the speedball?
Who ELSE was there that night at the house on McClain?
Were the drugs ingested there, at the bar, or somewhere else?
Did PH actually willingly take the speedball or was it slipped to her?
If there was no bank card activity, did someone just give the drugs to her free of charge?
Do drug dealers normally hand out drugs for free?

I could go on and on with these kinds of questions. For me, it most definitely does not line up.

She doesn’t need to have known him at all. I don’t see how that is required for the scenario. Drug-seeking behavior leads to reckless decisions.
Very true! We have no idea if she knew him before that night. But how they connected, could determine who else might be involved. That's what I was really trying to say:)

Here is my problem with this. Paighton supposedly left Tin Roof at 10:45. The house where she was killed looked to be about 20 minutes away. Her text that she was in trouble came at about 12:15 as I recall. So, assuming these times are reasonably accurate, she would have been at the house shortly after 11:00. An hour and 15 minutes later she is freely texting and sounding fully lucid. Nobody goes to a "crack house" and shoots the breeze for more than an hour. If she did overdose, I would say that it would have happened shortly after she got to that residence, just after 11:00. And, if she overdosed, why would she send a text that she was in trouble? You suggest that she left willingly to do drugs and overdosed. The text message simply doesn't fit in to that scenario.

I don’t think you can be “slipped” a meth and morphine speedball. Pretty sure you have to inject that. And if she was seeking drugs, she had cash available for it. Not going to the ATM on the way to the crack house doesn’t strike me as unusual. FH probably asked her if she had cash before they left. There are some questions still about who else was there, but they aren’t relevant to how PH died. We know there were others around because there have been informants in the case. We may never know who they are if they aren’t charged and don’t end up testifying against FH.

Very true! We have no idea if she knew him before that night. But how they connected, could determine who else might be involved. That's what I was really trying to say:)
Just IMO, the police charging FH only with abuse of a corpse and releasing the toxicology report stating PH died of a drug overdose tells me the DA doesn’t plan to charge anyone else here with a crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back